Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

And why someone comes in clearly going against the confidence of someone somewhere within the club.

Look at me! I know things! You want a medal? One good thing about AJ, was that he kept a tight lid on his signings.

McIntyre was probably the best at it.  Never a strong rummer until an official announcement.

there was a few (cardle especially) where it was well known for months with AJ we were trying to bring him back ( tho that might have been entirely on AJ, cardle has stated he didn’t think AJ knew who he was,  he was allowed to trial on potters recommendation)

Grant doesn’t seem bothered about privacy.  Probably the most open in regard to talking about signings in quite a while.

One good thing about AJ, was that he kept a tight lid on his signings.

That’s not strictly true. There was talk of Robbie Muirhead playing for us but I don’t remember that happening.

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

That’s not strictly true. There was talk of Robbie Muirhead playing for us but I don’t remember that happening.

There was times when we had only 10 players and a random bloke who stood on the wing and took corners.  Was that him?

Edited by parsforlife

I’m assuming that if or when Kennedy comes in it will be to give us versatility in formations. Alternatively I think he could play within that front 3 that we have should OHara or Wighton get injured.

Just gives us options, different games need different formations 

I'm fully behind the Kai Kennedy signing but where does he fit in? 

Don’t know what shapes suit him better, but if we’re playing 3 up front then he could be one of the wider forwards rather than being a midfielder or wingback (surely not?)

If central midfielders come in then Thomas and Kennedy might be a preferred choice of wingers with one forward? Though it would seem wasteful to have three of Wighton, O’Hara or Todorov on the bench unless we’re going for a more counter-attacking style against one of the bigger teams.*

Grant has been pretty adamant about playing a system that suits the players, so hopefully that means we’ll very rarely see players wasted by being played out of position. Injuries and suspensions are an exception to that, of course.

*This has me thinking. A 4-3-3 could be interesting with this squad. We’re well sorted for defenders, and a midfield 3 of Thomas, Kennedy and Wilson, with our three forwards, has potential. It could leave us very open in the middle, but there’s a lot of excitement in that front 6 with Edwards and Comrie pelting it down the wings.

A 5-1 win against a weak Dumbarton hasn’t got me overexcited at all, has it?

There was times when we had only 10 players and a random bloke who stood on the wing and took corners.  Was that him?

Did he even do that much?

Just now, The Great Cornholio said:

looks like a few folk were quick off the mark, got mine no problem.

next on the club to do list, a how to use the scanners, were quite a few folk having hassle with them on Saturday.

Whilst it's a QR code, i.e not the season ticket. Just put the code in any way round it doesn't matter and try and make it a reasonable size.

Luckily there wasn’t a large queue at turnstile (10-12 folk) but still took 10 mins to get through due to scanning issues. I just zoomed in on the QR code and it worked second time of asking but I know most older people I know would have really struggled.

It doesn’t help that the screen says proceed even when the turnstile is still locked in place. Hopefully this is a very short term measure.

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

And why someone comes in clearly going against the confidence of someone somewhere within the club.

Look at me! I know things! You want a medal? One good thing about AJ, was that he kept a tight lid on his signings.

AJ does keep a very tight lid on signing we never have any idea if he close to signing anyone .

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Luckily there wasn’t a large queue at turnstile (10-12 folk) but still took 10 mins to get through due to scanning issues. I just zoomed in on the QR code and it worked second time of asking but I know most older people I know would have really struggled.

It doesn’t help that the screen says proceed even when the turnstile is still locked in place. Hopefully this is a very short term measure.

it doesn't help either when the stewards both outside and inside the gate were saying to scan the bar code not the QR code 

Thought there might have been a couple of signings today after grants interview after the game, another week no signings i take it 
Its Monday [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There's an issue with Breen's contract which is causing the deal to drag on but he is signing. Would take something monumental for it not to happen. 

The signings are coming. Be patient.