Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I must say, the potential signings don’t exactly scream title contenders. I’m all for trusting the process and all that, but none of the rumoured signings as well as the ones we’ve brought in, apart from Todorov, are all exceptionally ‘meh’ players.

who do you think we should be signing?

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Isn’t that martins role?  We need him fit of course, but hopefully he’ll be ready within the next few weeks if he doesn’t get another set back.

Otherwise MacDonald is seemingly capable on both sides,  you can play him on the left and comrie on the right.

they could do it but neither are naturally left footed though. im not considering Martin as an option right now, could be quite a while before he is at the level required to play.

I think we have very good attacking options. Defensively a bit meh but solid enough. If we can add some Todorov-esque signings in midfield I’ll be very confident of our chances.

Having Fon-Williams as back up is the fear and playing a back 3 with two inexperienced young boys, although having good potential, could be dodgy but we shall see.

Aye, if the plan is back 3 we do need another.
Comrie, Graham, vytas and Martin once he’s fit isn’t really enough to cover 3 positions especially when Martin and comrie might be playing wingback at times.
And Watson. I think we're totally fine once Martin is fit. Give us Zidane-like midfielders!

Really enjoyable day at EEP yesterday. You could see how much the players loved having fans back. Credit to the lads in the corner creating a good atmosphere 

Didn't see the Partick game last week, but heard Deniz kicking was terrible last week. He was spraying passes like Jan Molby yesterday though. His kicking was fantastic.

I know it was a weak Dumbarton side but I thought there was some really encouraging performances.  Looking at the defence, I thought Ross Graham was so impressive. Yeah, he made a mistake for the goal, but I think he looks a really good prospect. Comfortable on the ball and physically impressive at his age. Think he will go far in the game.

Midfield- I'm putting McDonald and Edwards in to the category as the two of them played on the front foot all day. McDonald in particular put so many quality balls into the box. It will be interesting to see if we can get the wings backs involved as much when we play the better championship sides. Much the same for Dom Thomas. They guy sprayed passes about like Pirlo all afternoon, but again, will he be given the time to do that against the likes of Killie, ICT and Hamilton.

The piece de resistance though has to be the front three. The all offer something different. Wighton has so many wee tricks in his locker. He can look a bit disinterested at times but has the ability to make something out of nothing. Todorov was the perfect target man. Exactly what we missed last year. He can hold the ball up with his back to goal and come alive in the six yard box. Then you add the work rate of O'Hara and you have one hell of a varied and lethal front three.

All very positive but lets see how this all works against championship teams. We saw on Tuesday that it was pretty ineffective against a decent Premiership side in St Mirren but we swept Partick aside. It's the Killie, Hamilton, ICT games that I will watch with interest, to see if this new style and formation works. If it does and you add a bit more quality to the squad, we could have a very good season.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, parsforlife said:
Aye, if the plan is back 3 we do need another.
Comrie, Graham, vytas and Martin once he’s fit isn’t really enough to cover 3 positions especially when Martin and comrie might be playing wingback at times.

And Watson. I think we're totally fine once Martin is fit. Give us Zidane-like midfielders!

How the f**k did I forget about Watson.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

I must say, the potential signings don’t exactly scream title contenders. I’m all for trusting the process and all that, but none of the rumoured signings as well as the ones we’ve brought in, apart from Todorov, are all exceptionally ‘meh’ players.

Could say the same with Killie's signings. Fraser Murray, Blair Alston etc.

Would have took Robinson, Polworth and Naismith. Don’t think Kilmarnock will be a million miles ahead of us to be honest, but will rightly be favourites.

We have arguably the best attacking line in the league. Todorov is going to prove to be a massive signing for us. If we can add some quality in midfield then hopefully having a solid enough defence will be fine. Still plenty of faces to see at EEP between now and the close of the window.

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wish I was as ITK as half our fan base seems to be.

No reason for me to come on here and talk bull. My info on Todorov was spot on weeks ago. Deal for Kai agreed 2 weeks ago and his kit has also been ready for 2 weeks. Signing delayed for personal reasons. 

Edited by par4ever

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wish I was as ITK as half our fan base seems to be.

Occasionally I hear things from people within the club and that often doesn’t turn out to be be what actually happens.  Christ our manager doesn’t know when signings will happen.  

19 minutes ago, par4ever said:

No reason for me to come on here and talk bull. My info on Todorov was spot on weeks ago. Deal for Kai agreed 2 weeks ago and his kit has also been ready for 2 weeks. Signing delayed for personal reasons. 

I 100% wasn’t doubting the information was accurate. It was more questioning why the info seems to leak so easily from the club.

And why someone comes in clearly going against the confidence of someone somewhere within the club.

Look at me! I know things! You want a medal? One good thing about AJ, was that he kept a tight lid on his signings.