Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Absolutely sure he's attempting to sign players. It'll happen. 

I get he wants quality, but players have to come in and get used to the team too as he goes on about having a tight nit team. With size we have just concerned about a longer season than last and not been great with injuries past couple of seasons.

For me he is heaping more and more pressure on himself. To continue to say quality over quantity means fans expectations will be high when a name is confirmed. 

For me the issue is the interview where he said there would be 1 maybe 2 before the St Mirren game and there was nothing. I’m sure he said there would be definitely 1 so was that the Fraser Currid deal which he now confirmed although Bomess done that weeks ago.

I’m not saying just sign anyone but to be just over 2 weeks from out first league game and to be short of bodies is not great. Dow and Martin coming back from long term and maybe McCann out for 4-5 weeks. Leaves us 17 bodies add to that Wilson so we would struggle to fill the bench. 

11 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

For me he is heaping more and more pressure on himself. To continue to say quality over quantity means fans expectations will be high when a name is confirmed. 

For me the issue is the interview where he said there would be 1 maybe 2 before the St Mirren game and there was nothing. I’m sure he said there would be definitely 1 so was that the Fraser Currid deal which he now confirmed although Bomess done that weeks ago.

I’m not saying just sign anyone but to be just over 2 weeks from out first league game and to be short of bodies is not great. Dow and Martin coming back from long term and maybe McCann out for 4-5 weeks. Leaves us 17 bodies add to that Wilson so we would struggle to fill the bench. 

The injury’s don’t help and if those players were fit I don’t think fans would be as worried. 

what quality of player is he looking at too is it from down south or spl, other teams seems to be making it look easy to bring players in. It’s went from definitely bringing players in to hopefully bringing players in that’s a massive step down in my eyes and dosent fill me with confidence.

Guest Axle Grease

I get fans want signings, me also. 

I'm positive about the new season, and positive we'll see players coming in 

5 minutes ago, SRB said:

The injury’s don’t help and if those players were fit I don’t think fans would be as worried. 

what quality of player is he looking at too is it from down south or spl, other teams seems to be making it look easy to bring players in. It’s went from definitely bringing players in to hopefully bringing players in that’s a massive step down in my eyes and dosent fill me with confidence.

Killie are the only team in the division that have made it look easy with every one else in the same boat. the idea quality over quantity, every manager says it cause they have to ,they cant say im signing a load of garbage but its all we can afford lol

it has always been hopefully apart from last week when Grant said definitely one in before StMirren (which wasnt Currid no) but things obviously changed, maybe he should just say no comment on any transfer question from now on. signings will be made before the window closes at the end of August.

It’s the same old regurgitated message we are hearing and that I think is an lying me more. 

I get he has to be positive but even a blind man can see that we are not going to win the league. Challenging for playoffs yes. 

I secretly hope he’s signed boys and come first game we are amazing - doubt it. I’m in no doubt players will come in, I’ve always thought get business done early though. 

Guess we will see  

The cm situation was clear last year that we struggled their. And only bringing one in so far whilst relying on a youth and a winger isn’t great IMO.  We need at least two cm. obv be players becoming available on loan etc but it would have been my no. 1 priority along with a keeper which we now have.

the league is only 2 weeks away which in grand scheme of things is a very short time to bring players in and get used to the system he wants to play. And on paper u have 3 winnable games plus away to rovers by the time the window shuts. If results arnt good then the fans will already have it in for grant.

say we get more injury’s etc we’re cutting it fine and can’t see us challenging for the title with the current crop of players we have including injured players.

This is taken from the manager on Thursday interview, he has 20 players as it stands now I’m not stupid to take things literal but he has given interviews stating he would like to bring anything up to 6 players we’ll get a move on.

P.S. smaller squad in this league doesn’t work.

“I am always conscious that I want to bring on people who can play in the first team. I don’t want to bring in squad players, I want twenty players and be able to look round at the bench and put any one of them on and they can going to affect the team. I think that is so important whether that is in training, whether that’s in games.

“I am a great believer in having a small but quality squad, if I can do that and I will be delighted if I have twenty outfield players who are more than capable of playing in the first team. I like that camaraderie between the group, they have to fight for each other. As I have said many times the most competitive place for us should be the training pitch. We want them playing against quality every day"

20 outfield players is more than enough i would say.

We’ve lost 10 players that were in the first team squad most weeks and brought in 3.   Grant has mentioned up to 6 coming in.  

Fenton, Todd and  possibly McCann/Allan could get loaned out

Mehmet for gill can be seen as a quality over quantity addition, which could cost an extra player from the squad,  and Martin/Dow possibly being fit can take a slot of others but there’s plenty of space to bring in more.

Covered 

Keepers

fullbacks

strikers

Needed

winger

center back

Jesus f**k, please sign someone

Center mid

Guest Axle Grease

I honestly don't know why there's so much reliance on negativity seemingly as the main driver for some of our fans posts. That and high levels of what seems like anxiety on display. 

I get the concern but maybe not the aforementioned. I'm of the opinion it will happen. 

We lost a Manager.

We had to go and find a replacement Manager.

Advertise the job. Go though the 80 odd CV's, reply to each applicant individually. Negotiate with the preferred candidate and set up their contract. 

Once he's got the job, he has to bed in. Meet the Board, the staff, the players etc

Look at what support he needs to help him do his job. Get those people in. 

Start to look at what playing resource is available to him. 

Then work out, within his playing squad, where he needs more players. 

Identify within the market who is potentially available to enhance the existing squad. 

Approach identified target players through their individual Agent.

Work out what kind of terms it is they're looking for. Maybe then negotiate if there's a feeling of middle ground and an agreement being feasible.

If all that then fails, onto the next player. Also remember each Agent is looking to get top dollar for their clients. Some  play club off club to try and achieve that higher salary and payday for themselves.

Each, email, phone call, text, Skype meeting, Zoom meeting, piece of correspondence, each piece of communication all take up time.

On to the players contract once an individual initially agrees terms. Got to be set up through more negotiation, all takes time.

Once the players signed, great, get them along to the ground, introduced to the fans through the media and also inducted into the club. 

All this for just one identified player and during a pandemic (Covid has made this process all the more difficult).

Add to that looking to maybe bag around 6 or 7 players, and remember the club hasn't a huge team of backroom staff supporting these efforts. There's PG backed by a few Board members, none of whom are paid due to them having day jobs. 

Also, he's said he wants players but won't just bring in anyone to fill gaps. He's trying to enhance the squad with players who'll fit his vision (I'd rather that than just sign players them try and make them fit). This approach will therefore take time.

As well as working to bring players in he's training the existing players he has and setting up friendly games, preparing for them. Again all the more difficult due to Covid (social distancing, continual tests, player transport etc etc). 

All about perspective. Too many self entitled fans nowadays who are used to instant gratification, or should that be instant, GRANTification 👍

Be patient and give the guy a chance before we get down to the serious stuff in the league. 

Then really start to judge what's happening. 

Edited by Axle Grease

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think people need to remember we're not top of the food chain for quality players even at this level.

I don’t think fans expect we’re top of the food chain, it’s when he’s saying their would defo be 1 at least two players in by st mirren and now theirs not, and he’s aiming for 6 and not signed any. I doubt we will sign anyone today either but my opinion.

yes fans are anxious mentioned in other post but we’re fed up of being second best and being ok with just getting by we want to get back to premier league like calderwood era and squad we have now simply isn’t going to win the league like grant says he wants to do.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think people need to remember we're not top of the food chain for quality players even at this level.

Yep, same with us, it's clearly Killie that are.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Hope everyone with a ticket enjoys being back at EEP tomorrow. No matter how anyone feels about the manager or recruitment, it’s still an important step to get Pars fans back in the ground.

I’m going to start with some light mutters under my breath,  add the odd shout midway into the first half,  extend into incoherent rants some way into the 2nd half and boo like f**k when Dumbarton get a late winner.

And I’ll do it all smiling.  Footballs back baby.