Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Going by the match stats St Mirren were all over you lovely to hear that Peter Grant is your messiah. He was always a wee cheeting barsteward and he is now with the best team for him.

you're a strange, strange loddy

Don't get why when Grant said that he didn't sign the trialist he had up here it was because "he's similar to what we have and so why not play your own players" or something similar then plays a guy on loan from Dundee Utd when we have our own player, an actual internationalist sitting on the bench. Why is Comrie playing at centre half when he's always been a right back? Why is MacDonald playing at wing back? Bizarre. I can understand Thomas in the middle as we're short of bodies but hopefully that isn't seen as a long term solution.

he said he wanted balance and ideally a left sided centre half, Gaspuitis isnt and Graham is, same as Rice and Omar who were on trial so i dont see a problem on that one. if anything its why Comrie over Gaspuitis on the right, guessing to have that little bit of extra pace? other one he might not fancy Gaspuitis at all.

MacDonald at wing back is fair enough, id prefer him there than in the back 3 at the moment.

if we are playing 3 at the back every week,, Thomas might only get in the side in the middle of midfield got himself, potentially Kennedy, Dow, Wighton, Ohara, Todorov, McCann, cant play them all.

52 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't get why when Grant said that he didn't sign the trialist he had up here it was because "he's similar to what we have and so why not play your own players" or something similar then plays a guy on loan from Dundee Utd when we have our own player, an actual internationalist sitting on the bench. Why is Comrie playing at centre half when he's always been a right back? Why is MacDonald playing at wing back? Bizarre. I can understand Thomas in the middle as we're short of bodies but hopefully that isn't seen as a long term solution.

Different types of centre backs for different formations and systems, 532 is very popular at the moment. Ideally you want your two "wide" centre backs to be a bit pacier, able to progress the ball and support the wing back. 

19 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

if we are playing 3 at the back every week,, Thomas might only get in the side in the middle of midfield got himself, potentially Kennedy, Dow, Wighton, Ohara, Todorov, McCann, cant play them all.

This is a concern of mine, once Dow is fit we should make space for him in the starting 11 and I don't know you do that without dropping another good player. When our best players are wingers, it seems strange to have a formation that doesn't have any.

Not entirely sure if its the long term plan tho,  hard to tell when we don't have any players.

Guest Axle Grease
Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

We’ve played one top flight season in the last 14 years. It’s hardly surprising that optimism is thin on the ground.

After 14 years of Steak Bridies there's not many thin fans within the ground. 

Latest out of contract players to start following Pars on twitter recently
Nortei Nortey & Rhys Breen. Both at QOS last year, so maybe just following due to Dan Pypus signing.
I'm so for it signing Nortei Nortey its unbelievable. What a name man.

1 hour ago, The Great Cornholio said:

Breen is still at Rangers?

It's shows on Wiki that he is playing in the US. Apparently on loan since May with Orange County. The only thing I can see about his contract is that he is out of contract with Rangers in summer 21. Looks like he could be available.

4 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

We must be totally skint if this is the market we are in.

I thought we were flush seems bizzare is we a fishing in the pool of ex Queen's players.