Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

PG doesn’t half slaver some pish btw.

Also thinks players should be able to play twice a day, seemed to argue with himself and then bemoaned the use of the term “trialist”. It’s like talking to some old lad in the pub.

I liked the bit about how he doesn’t mind it being a working progress cos his working progress at alloa got to the quarter finals,.

Forgotten they also got relegated,  so I wouldn’t exactly say it was a successful approach. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I liked the bit about how he doesn’t mind it being a working progress cos his working progress at alloa got to the quarter finals,.

Forgotten they also got relegated,  so I wouldn’t exactly say it was a successful approach. 

Getting relegated doesn’t matter dafty, as long as you have a lot of possession and play football the right way.

Guest Axle Grease
7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

What is “well”?

Crawford was massively out of his depth and still got us 4th so anything less than a sustained title challenge would be going backwards IMO.

Challenging for the title. Like he's already stated in his first post job media  interview. That is his intent. His main focus, regards delivering that intent. 

I like clarity regarding ambition and intent, he's provided that.

I'm more often positive than negative about new Managers coming in, because being honest I've been around long enough to have seen some Managers not being expected to succeed at certain clubs and end up doing so. 

Anyway, why wouldn't I offer my support to him?, he's been chosen to deliver us some level of success, therefore I aim to give the fella the benefit of the doubt rather than  chosing to chib him on any opportunity before we've kicked off this season in earnest. 

If he fails, I'll be vocal, and maybe even irrational if we're being scudded every week, but that's worst case scenario for us as fans. Nah, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what transpires. 

I'll reserve judgement for the results. 

From what I see in his interviews, he's setting big targets, wants players to push themselves and talks up his team rather than opponents.

Yeah it's a bit of a blast from the past but the modern day sanitised personalities and interviews have hardly been a roaring success under Crawford and AJ.

I'm not sure his public confidence and ambition will sit comfortably with the current board. The last few seasons we have been the victim of a lack of ambition and it would appear, on the face of it, they were satisfied with the completely meh season we had last year (given their support for crawford after we were scudded by the wee team in the playoffs). 

I think Grant's positive approach and clear ambition for the club is a breath of fresh air however time will tell if it's just all talk, hopefully not.

1 hour ago, Axle Grease said:

Challenging for the title. Like he's already stated in his first post job media  interview. That is his intent. His main focus, regards delivering that intent. 

I'm more often positive than negative about new Managers coming in, because being honest I've been around long enough to have seen some Managers not being expected to succeed at certain clubs and end up doing so. 

Anyway, why wouldn't I offer my support to him?, he's been chosen to deliver us some level of success, therefore I aim to give the fella the benefit of the doubt rather than  chosing to chib him on any opportunity before we've kicked off this season in earnest. 

If he fails, I'll be vocal, and maybe even irrational if we're being scudded every week, but that's worst case scenario for us as fans. Nah, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what transpires. 

Saying something doesn't mean it's going to happen.  Me saying I'm going to pump Mila Kunis tonight doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
Saying something doesn't mean it's going to happen.  Me saying I'm going to pump Mila Kunis tonight doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Aye great analogy

Well yes, it is.  

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Well obviously it aint gonna happen as I am pumping her, bit stupid that analogy 

3 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

You think we’ll challenge for the title because Peter Grant wants to challenge for the title? And you’ll start slamming him if we don’t. Got it.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Guest Axle Grease
46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You think we’ll challenge for the title because Peter Grant wants to challenge for the title? And you’ll start slamming him if we don’t. Got it.

I said I will support him given he's new in the job and his aspiration is to challenge for the title. I support that ambition. However he has to prove that he's capable of delivering. 

If he doesn't and we're getting beaten every week and sitting bottom of the table, of course I'll voice my disapproval, that's faiirly standard stuff for supporters. 

'Got it', no I don't think you did, perhaps deliberately so 😂

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's simple, I'm supporting his positivity, intent, ambitions, aspirations etc. No where did I say it was going to happen.

Hopefully you shagging ambitions are level with Peter Grant's title ambitions. You might score a ride you weren't expecting 😂😂😂

Guest Axle Grease
13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Except when you said “Peter Grant is the man. We’ll do well” of course.

I really don’t get the blind faith but fair play, let’s hope he proves me wrong.

Blind faith is one thing, positivity is another. So is willing to give a man taking on a new job a chance. 

I hope he proves us all wrong or right, depending on outlook. That way we'd all be happy.... maybe. 

2 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Blind faith is one thing, positivity is another. So is willing to give a man taking on a new job a chance. 

I hope he proves us all wrong or right, depending on outlook. That way we'd all be happy.... maybe. 

I’d love to have misjudged him. The shiteness of the rest of the teams in the league does give me hope.