Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, JFPar said:

The signings will have to be real quality because we're middle of the table level with what we currently have.

PG is pretty candid: he is aiming for the title. We are nowhere near it at present and it is going to take some proper quality signings to change my mind from us being a QoS-esque team this season ie finishing anywhere between 6th and 8th. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

If he is talking about the current crop of players (which currently stands at 20) being competitive in this diddy cup, then that's totally fine. 

We need at least 5 signings to have a complete squad. 

I'm not sure we're competitive in this cup either,  He seems to be happy to enter a game against one of our rivals for a qualification spot with a bunch of kids and guys out of position.  Bonkers.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'm not sure we're competitive in this cup either,  He seems to be happy to enter a game against one of our rivals for a qualification spot with a bunch of kids and guys out of position.  Bonkers.

It is quite nuts really. We're absolutely miles off it. 

Love how in the Courier article about who will be next captain, they have included Fon-Williams with a picture of him doing his trademark "throw the ball in to the net"

We've had a settled squad early doors before (19/20) and had a horrendous start to the league season. We've also been in a position when we've been lacking in numbers (17/18) and had a cracking start.

Transfer window still has 53 days to run. Relax.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Love how in the Courier article about who will be next captain, they have included Fon-Williams with a picture of him doing his trademark "throw the ball in to the net"

The Courier seems to be upping their coverage of us at the moment.

As for the captain, Comrie was wearing the armband for a bit and would be an interesting choice.

7 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

We've had a settled squad early doors before (19/20) and had a horrendous start to the league season. We've also been in a position when we've been lacking in numbers (17/18) and had a cracking start.

Transfer window still has 53 days to run. Relax.

the reaction and simple lack of thinking or understanding of the situation is hardly a surprise.

No surprise. If the likes of Tynecastle aren’t allowed more than the standard capacity restrictions, there’s no way we would be. Only 3 games at reduced capacity though, given the restriction on capacities is supposed to end on the 9th August.

Seeing as the manager clearly doesn’t give a f**k about the competition, I’m not sure it matters.

The window does close at the end of August but we’ll have played four league games already by that point. Then you’re needing them to bed in right away or there’s just more wasted time.

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Seeing as the manager clearly doesn’t give a f**k about the competition, I’m not sure it matters.

The window does close at the end of August but we’ll have played four league games already by that point. Then you’re needing them to bed in right away or there’s just more wasted time.

Aye, end of august is fine if your bringing in a loan or two.  It’s absolutely not ok when we need half a squad.

The way he’s talking we could have played the first round of fixtures before we get started.   You can’t win titles with that approach.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Strikes me as a bit odd that first 2 games in the betfred (and against 2 most difficult opposition) are away from home. It's not fair!!1!1@

We’ve got out 2 ‘easiest’ games at home and they’re the first 2 games too. It’s a strange way they’ve done it this year.

“If we’re going to play Real Madrid on Saturday would I expect to win? Probably not, but the bottom line is that I know that we are going in to play Partick Thistle and I know that we are capable of winning the game.”

PG doesn’t half slaver some pish btw.

Also thinks players should be able to play twice a day, seemed to argue with himself and then bemoaned the use of the term “trialist”. It’s like talking to some old lad in the pub.

Edited by Cardle is Magic