Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease
9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’ve heard people saying that we’ll have these good signings coming in but what is that based on?

Rumours, conjecture, speculation: you know, the usual pre-season stuff. 

Football fans often have tunnel vision and look at their own club in isolation.

I've just had a look at the confirmed squads thread and everyone bar Killie is in a similar position as us - i.e. short in at least one are of the pitch (Morton appear not to even have a GK).

Perhaps the difficulties in getting people in this year are impacting everyone, but regardless we'll all be fishing in the same pond which makes it a seller's market for the players. 

And it should also be noted that we didn't have a midfield worth the name from November onwards last year and still sneaked the playoffs.

It honestly doesn’t feel like the season starts this Saturday. Would imagine we’ll only be getting PPV stream access for the away games in the league cup. Hopefully some of our fans can get into the home games.

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

Football fans often have tunnel vision and look at their own club in isolation.

I've just had a look at the confirmed squads thread and everyone bar Killie is in a similar position as us - i.e. short in at least one are of the pitch (Morton appear not to even have a GK).

Perhaps the difficulties in getting people in this year are impacting everyone, but regardless we'll all be fishing in the same pond which makes it a seller's market for the players. 

And it should also be noted that we didn't have a midfield worth the name from November onwards last year and still sneaked the playoffs.

I think I’ve mentioned a few times that our gaping flaws will not be massively damaging due to the lack of quality across the division.

We were also fucking garbage for the most part November onwards, so that’s not a great pitch tbh.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

It honestly doesn’t feel like the season starts this Saturday. Would imagine we’ll only be getting PPV stream access for the away games in the league cup. Hopefully some of our fans can get into the home games.

Seems a bit odd that there hasn't been any communication about this, hopefully something comes out today.

Seems a bit odd that there hasn't been any communication about this, hopefully something comes out today.

Yeah, given they know there will be no rule changes before the 19th, I don’t know why there’s no communication about games before that date - particularly ones this weekend/next midweek.

I know Hearts have announced they’re only allowed 500 fans at Tynecastle, so I don’t know why others seem to be staying so quiet.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Thistle have got a friendly against Rangers tonight with (I think) 1000 tickets available to season ticket holders only. I’d assume that we’ll wait and see how that goes before announcing the arrangements for Saturday’s fixture against yourselves.

That said, I’d be very surprised if it was anything other than a stream for away fans. And most likely ST holders only ticket sales again, as we’re somewhere in the region of 1500 STs sold right now and I can’t see us even being allowed that number of fans in.

14 minutes ago, The Saline Hill Puma said:

We wont get any more than 1000 in just now. Knockhill which is a massive outdoor space is only being allowed to sell 1000 tickets for events just now and that would be deemed a safer environment for spectators that football no doubt

All depends on what they agreed with Fife council, standing outdoor events seem to have a smaller capacity presumably due to it being harder to contract trace.

We wont get any more than 1000 in just now. Knockhill which is a massive outdoor space is only being allowed to sell 1000 tickets for events just now and that would be deemed a safer environment for spectators that football no doubt

Isn’t it all to do with the restriction level we’re in? If everyone moves to level 0 on the 19th, that goes up to 2,000 for the last league cup game.

Issue seems to be that a lot of the central belt are still level 2, where they’re only allowed 500.

Maybe each club should begiven a COVID rating and how many fans they're allowed at each game, home and away. That'd be fucking fun!
Hamilton, you're allowed to take 5000 despite having f**k all followers. You Aberdeen, you're not allowed anyone. Etc.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Maybe each club should begiven a COVID rating and how many fans they're allowed at each game, home and away. That'd be fucking fun!
Hamilton, you're allowed to take 5000 despite having f**k all followers. You Aberdeen, you're not allowed anyone. Etc.

Sheesh.