Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Remember, this guy is an admin on that site. He regularly removes posts that dare criticise the club and removed posts often instead say 'Utter bollocks' or similar, with no recourse for the poster. The site owner made this 'man' an admin and has obviously consented to this style of admin for many years.
Anyway:
Screenshot_20210703-193154_Opera.thumb.jpg.db0a88ac76e22e3bc5a90b0f6ac04376.jpgScreenshot_20210703-193229_Opera.thumb.jpg.a69d563d81ef82b5710b0f703fca75a5.jpgScreenshot_20210703-193154_Opera.thumb.jpg.db0a88ac76e22e3bc5a90b0f6ac04376.jpg
Screenshot_20210703-193208_Opera.thumb.jpg.bffb14919defb87b832ed124e633a416.jpg
Glad I sacked that shit years ago (or black carded from that website if you will).

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That guy from Dot Net is an absolute creature. Is that the same creep who wrote the blogs? Probably donated hundreds to Wings Over Scotland as well I’d bet.

His article is from GODREPORTS.COM - is the fella taking the piss or does he actually think that’s not a laughable source?

That's SliemaPar. 

I'm a bigger advocate of dafc.net than most, however I've been utterly dismayed by the recent articles and those posts. 

Single club forums will always suffer from posters, and let's be clear here there's plenty of arseholes who are Dunfermline fans. But f**k me these recent incidents are vexxing.

12 hours ago, Out of office said:

We're not actually too far away from a decent starting XI if we can get everyone fit:

Mehmet

Comrie  Watson   Gaspuitis  Martin

Thomas   Wilson   ?    Dow

O'Hara   Wighton

It's the squad depth that is concerning, as we'll obviously have injuries, suspensions and the need to set up differently for some games. Think we'll be ok in defence (we have Macdonald, Martin/Edwards and Graham as cover) and we really only need one more up front after the Todorov signing (this is where a loan could help), although I remain unconvinced by McCann (but hope he can prove me wrong and do the business).

It's really the midfield that is the issue. Pybus is a really poor signing I think. Like everyone else I hope he totally proves us wrong, but I'm not confident about that. Wilson has been injured for a while now and that has to be a concern, likewise Dow. We desperately need cover out wide anyway, and McCann isn't a winger, despite previous attempts to make him one. Allan looks like he'll be getting a shot in centre mid, so hopefully he can deliver.

Crawford's best asset was identifying players and getting them signed. I think there's talent throughout the leagues to find, and Crawford did it every season. So far it seems Grant doesn't have the same nous. Let us hope we can see more guys in next week.

Crawford had months in advance to plan for the next season, Grant had 2 weeks before preseason. i dont agree about this talent through the leagues, if there is though it needs money to get it, which only Kilmarnock in this league have thats why every other team is signing the players they have. 

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

This is what I fear,

I know there’s space in the squad that will be taken by ‘ well he’ll do’ types.  But that’s the sort of slots you’d expect to be filled late august.   We need especially it center mid players that are going be star man. As yet we’ve done nothing to address that.

maybe we should have gone all out for James Vincent or Rhys McCabe. signing a capable centre midfielder at our level is a struggle, a star man is near on impossible.

28 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

maybe we should have gone all out for James Vincent or Rhys McCabe. signing a capable centre midfielder at our level is a struggle, a star man is near on impossible.

We don't have to sign Scottish Championship players only. If we got Iain Vigurs, I would've said that he could've been a star man at this level, so it's not impossible. There are other leagues out there to find players. 

I thought a man of Grant's experience would have a pretty good contacts book. I'm still hopeful that we will see a couple more central midfielders come in with a decent pedigree.

19 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We don't have to sign Scottish Championship players only. If we got Iain Vigurs, I would've said that he could've been a star man at this level, so it's not impossible. There are other leagues out there to find players. 

I thought a man of Grant's experience would have a pretty good contacts book. I'm still hopeful that we will see a couple more central midfielders come in with a decent pedigree.

I would be hopeful to bring back in Henderson but I presume the new Celtic manager will want a wee while with his new squad to assess it.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

they are looking at other leagues to get players, very obvious from where the trialists and players linked are coming from.

having good contacts means nothing if you cant pay what the players want or if they are not the quality needed.

Hopefully Grants contacts come more into fruition when the loan market opens up fully, however the best loan players tend to be the ones on the fringes of the first team at other places and don't become available until very late in the window. 

Still early days yet, Grants only been in the job about 5 weeks. Think we will have some decent signings to come, like others said the better loan players tend to be around the first team squad late into the window.

If we are like this 4th August I‘ll maybe start to panic.

46 minutes ago, El Chapo said:

Still early days yet, Grants only been in the job about 5 weeks. Think we will have some decent signings to come, like others said the better loan players tend to be around the first team squad late into the window.

If we are like this 4th August I‘ll maybe start to panic.

I’ve heard people saying that we’ll have these good signings coming in but what is that based on?

30 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We do have an important competitive fixture in 6 days,  and unless some of our injuries have cleared up we’ll have 14 players.  8 that are 21 or younger.

Exactly. I don’t agree with using League Cup games as extended pre-season but even if that’s the plan, you need new signings to play in them.

Surely no one expects us to be even close to the title with Wilson and Pybus as a midfield pairing? Just rolling the dice and hoping some youth players fill the gaps on loan is thoroughly underwhelming.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

25 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The squad as a whole is probably the weakest we have had for the League cup  since the introduction of the group stage. 

Starting 11 isn't far of being decent but the drop off is huge. 

I can't ever remember playing a competitive fixture unsure if we'd fill a bench and certain the youth players who'd normally be called in to fill spots on the bench would instead be starters.

Edit,  the only other time that comes close is when we were under a signing ban towards the end of admin.

Edited by parsforlife