Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Well, not really. I said 12 months ago that he was one of the better "box to box workhorse" players in the league just by looking at raw figures. 
I don't know where the stats come from and I don't know how they work by looking at the chart but Pybus's best attribute is his engine. I'm fairly confident of that given I watched him enough. He absolutely isn't a ball carrier though. That's two major ones that are wildly wrong on those charts. So I wouldn't be looking too much in to them tbh.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't know where the stats come from and I don't know how they work by looking at the chart but Pubus's best attribute is his engine. I'm fairly confident of that given I watched him enough. He absolutely isn't a ball carrier though. That's two major ones that are wildly wrong on those charts. So I wouldn't be looking too much in to them tbh.

Yeah I always try and make it clear these charts miss a lot of context, and I only have access to limited data (ideally I'd be able to see distance covered etc.)., so I wouldn't be using it as conclusive proof of anything. Idea is just to give me a vague idea of players style/strengths/weaknesses so I can focus on these things rather than spend hours on irrelevant details, as you could end up having to write reports on 10+ players in leagues you've never watched.

Pybus comes out as a high "ball carrier" compared to the league because he completes more "progressive runs", "dribbles", "successful dribbles", plus a few more, than the average Championship CM. Still not convinced "ball carrier" is the right term for it, but its the best I could think of. His "engine" figures are low as he doesn't do a lot of defensive work around his own box, but again, ideally I'd have distance covered in there which would presumably bump it up? 

I'm not going to get into a "data v eye test" debate, both miss things.

48 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

4-1 it finished.

No surprise looking at the quality of midfield options we have and general lack of players. Hibs were able to play two different teams each half.

Cheers my pal left with 5 to go because of the rain guess he missed the last goal.

Seems like some folk on .net can't help themselves. This particular scumbag is an admin on that site too. Seems like the dreadful arseholes with abhorrent views are feeling emboldened to post their racism (and other bigoted and discriminatory nonsense) after those articles were posted.
Screenshot_20210703-133757_Opera.thumb.jpg.98e8439b8c5940428ab11a5009358611.jpg
The 'muslim grand plan'. Fucking hell. Dangerously close to 'The Great Replacement' garbage.
Don't you usually lose your shit when people on here talk about .net?

2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Don't you usually lose your shit when people on here talk about .net?

I am incandescent with fury. That long promised embolism may well be pulling up, especially when you see what I post next.

Remember, this guy is an admin on that site. He regularly removes posts that dare criticise the club and removed posts often instead say 'Utter bollocks' or similar, with no recourse for the poster. The site owner made this 'man' an admin and has obviously consented to this style of admin for many years.

Anyway:

Screenshot_20210703-193154_Opera.thumb.jpg.db0a88ac76e22e3bc5a90b0f6ac04376.jpgScreenshot_20210703-193229_Opera.thumb.jpg.a69d563d81ef82b5710b0f703fca75a5.jpgScreenshot_20210703-193154_Opera.thumb.jpg.db0a88ac76e22e3bc5a90b0f6ac04376.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-193208_Opera.jpg

Edited by Out of office

Not going to form an opinion on anyone based on their previous clubs or the opinion of fans of their previous clubs.

Hoping there's still viable targets but feels very much like that's exhausted and now clutching at straws bringing anyone in on trial. Very confident about the defence and forwards as well.

Could do without the spillover from .net.

58 minutes ago, Out of office said:

Remember, this guy is an admin on that site. He regularly removes posts that dare criticise the club and removed posts often instead say 'Utter bollocks' or similar, with no recourse for the poster. The site owner made this 'man' an admin and has obviously consented to this style of admin for many years.

Anyway:

Screenshot_20210703-193154_Opera.thumb.jpg.db0a88ac76e22e3bc5a90b0f6ac04376.jpgScreenshot_20210703-193229_Opera.thumb.jpg.a69d563d81ef82b5710b0f703fca75a5.jpgScreenshot_20210703-193154_Opera.thumb.jpg.db0a88ac76e22e3bc5a90b0f6ac04376.jpg

This c**t also regularly posts looking for people to take on work well below minimum wage, as well as trying to get folk involved in whatever get rich quick scam he is involved in.

Guest Axle Grease
6 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

We are going to be rank this year eh? Team is even shitter than last years dross

In your opinion. 

Nothing like a bit of positivity eh

5 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Hoping there's still viable targets but feels very much like that's exhausted and now clutching at straws

Yeah. Took Pybus on after a 1 week trial and here he is. Looks like any targets have gone for whatever reason and is now about hoping we find the right players rather than knowing the right players. Disappointing.

11 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Not going to form an opinion on anyone based on their previous clubs or the opinion of fans of their previous clubs.

Hoping there's still viable targets but feels very much like that's exhausted and now clutching at straws bringing anyone in on trial. Very confident about the defence and forwards as well.

Could do without the spillover from .net.

We're not actually too far away from a decent starting XI if we can get everyone fit:

Mehmet

Comrie  Watson   Gaspuitis  Martin

Thomas   Wilson   ?    Dow

O'Hara   Wighton

It's the squad depth that is concerning, as we'll obviously have injuries, suspensions and the need to set up differently for some games. Think we'll be ok in defence (we have Macdonald, Martin/Edwards and Graham as cover) and we really only need one more up front after the Todorov signing (this is where a loan could help), although I remain unconvinced by McCann (but hope he can prove me wrong and do the business).

It's really the midfield that is the issue. Pybus is a really poor signing I think. Like everyone else I hope he totally proves us wrong, but I'm not confident about that. Wilson has been injured for a while now and that has to be a concern, likewise Dow. We desperately need cover out wide anyway, and McCann isn't a winger, despite previous attempts to make him one. Allan looks like he'll be getting a shot in centre mid, so hopefully he can deliver.

Crawford's best asset was identifying players and getting them signed. I think there's talent throughout the leagues to find, and Crawford did it every season. So far it seems Grant doesn't have the same nous. Let us hope we can see more guys in next week.

Edited by Out of office

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This c**t also regularly posts looking for people to take on work well below minimum wage, as well as trying to get folk involved in whatever get rich quick scam he is involved in.

Aye? That's absolutely awful stuff. Hate folk who pay minumum wage, let alone below it.

Sounds like an absolutely dreadful person. 

A 'grand plan' of Muslims to 'take over'. Fucking hell. 

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, Out of office said:

Anyway:

What a w****r 

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Yeah. Took Pybus on after a 1 week trial and here he is. Looks like any targets have gone for whatever reason and is now about hoping we find the right players rather than knowing the right players. Disappointing.

This is what I fear,

I know there’s space in the squad that will be taken by ‘ well he’ll do’ types.  But that’s the sort of slots you’d expect to be filled late august.   We need especially it center mid players that are going be star man. As yet we’ve done nothing to address that.

That guy from Dot Net is an absolute creature. Is that the same creep who wrote the blogs? Probably donated hundreds to Wings Over Scotland as well I’d bet.

His article is from GODREPORTS.COM - is the fella taking the piss or does he actually think that’s not a laughable source?

Edited by Cardle is Magic

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That guy from Dot Net is an absolute creature. Is that the same creep who wrote the blogs? Probably donated hundreds to Wings Over Scotland as well I’d bet.

His article is from GODREPORTS.COM - is the fella taking the piss or does he actually think that’s not a laughable source?

That was a different creep that wrote the blogs. That was that weirdo that moved to Malta.

That Parot is a self righteous bellend. Right into his bible guff, so that explains a lot.

Always questioning comments that are anything other than sunshine and roses about Pars,  but doesn't really give much of his own opinions on the football side.  Frequently asking for threads to be shut down and folk to be carded. Complete arsehole.