Walking Down The Halbeath Road

All in all, Grant must see something in him. Got to just give it a shot. He’s trying something knew, which in itself, is a breathe of fresh air. His Alloa side played good football and I’m hoping he’s capable of replicating that here,  with the advantage of being able to go build a side with a bigger budget than Alloa. That’s a fucking huge gamble on our part 😂. Trying to be as optimistic as possible but holy hell it’s looking like a side finishing 7-9th so far. 

Edited by Gigi Alabocheré

I don’t agree with Callum but fair play for breaking your neck trying to defend Dan Pybus of all people. If he’s great then we’ll all be delighted but I’d be shocked.

Looking increasingly likely that Grant came in because he wanted back into full-time football and was willing to work with a small budget. You can sell it as he prefers working with a smaller squad, quantity over quality etc but it’s cost cutting at the end of the day. Probably a prudent move in the current environment but not one that will get pulses racing any time soon.

If we are a team that has just been promoted and looking for stabilisation, possibly fighting against the bottom two, then so far you’d say you’ve got to be happy where we are at with the squad. However, we are in a position where we are now expected to be challenging for 1st place. In no way am I confident of us being able to be anywhere near that. Of course I could be proved wrong, but I’m not getting good vibes at all from EEP. Season ticket sales are encouraging though. I wasn’t expecting any more than 2500 but we should be able to break that comfortably at this rate. I live in hope for those Bundesliga cast-offs being signed up at EEP.

Being positive, OFW and Mehmet seem like better options than OFW and Gill. Todorov is also an adequate replacement for McManus.

The newest pair though, it’s hard to be blown away. For example, can anyone say they honestly would not prefer Lewis Mayo and Fraser Murray? They weren’t exactly runaway success stories either.

Perhaps an unfair comparison as other players may yet come in but might help explain and illustrate the apathy towards new recruits.

If we are a team that has just been promoted and looking for stabilisation, possibly fighting against the bottom two, then so far you’d say you’ve got to be happy where we are at with the squad. However, we are in a position where we are now expected to be challenging for 1st place. In no way am I confident of us being able to be anywhere near that. Of course I could be proved wrong, but I’m not getting good vibes at all from EEP. Season ticket sales are encouraging though. I wasn’t expecting any more than 2500 but we should be able to break that comfortably at this rate. I live in hope for those Bundesliga cast-offs being signed up at EEP.

Doubt that will be happening with the new rules on EU nationals.

Genuinely gobsmacked Pybus has managed to get a club at this level and one at the top half of the table as well.

He closes down players and runs around a lot but his technical ability is practically non-existent. I have to love the brass neck of the guy blaming his lack of footballing ability on AJ - fair play for that one but I expect once you bin him he'll be doing the same with Grant. His passing is woeful, he doesn't score, he can't tackle, he never plays decent forward passes. But at least he has the same opinion of himself that some of our fans had in that he's really a Scottish Championship Xavi.

Be interesting to see how he gets on. I expect early days he'll actually be liked (especially if you're winning games) as he makes himself busy. But after a while when you take a closer look at his contribution you'll soon figure out he's pretty shit.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Being positive, OFW and Mehmet seem like better options than OFW and Gill. Todorov is also an adequate replacement for McManus.

The newest pair though, it’s hard to be blown away. For example, can anyone say they honestly would not prefer Lewis Mayo and Fraser Murray? They weren’t exactly runaway success stories either.

Perhaps an unfair comparison as other players may yet come in but might help explain and illustrate the apathy towards new recruits.

Different positions surely? Although aye, I'd probably rather have Graham than Mayo 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

IMO, and nobody probably cares, but Pybus will be better than you expect, but worse than you hope.

Also seems like a lot of coaches who are quite "obsessed" are having a fascination with the 3-4-3 set up this Summer, and Grant strikes me as someone who'll join in that craze.

You got any snazzy graphics showing him as alright? 

He was one of the best players in the league by RandomGuy's stats if I remember correctly. Goes to show that these kind of stats are a lot of shite really.

I did a search on Dan Pybus in the QOS thread, searching for some solace in this signing.  Got to say that there has been quite a bit of positive stuff written about him in the last 6 months too. 

Maybe been a bit too rash to air my disappointment in signing him and will wait to see what happens. Just thought with the comments I have read from Grant, that he had his eye on players from a higher level than lower championship identified.  Generally when we get players from smaller teams, we tend to get their better players, not guys who were not offered a new contract.

Edited by Chubbychops

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I did a search on Dan Pybus in the QOS thread, searching for some solace in this signing.  Got to say that there has been quite a bit of positive stuff written about him in the last 6 months too. 

Maybe been a bit too rash to air my disappointment in signing him and will wait to see what happens. Just thought with the comments I have read from Grant, that he had his eye on players from a higher level than lower championship identified.  Generally when we get players from smaller teams, we tend to get their better players, not guys who were not offered a new contract.

Aye, I don’t doubt for one minute that there’s a possibility that Pybus could develop into a player if he works on his passing, first touch and positional sense. I can’t see Grant bringing in a midfielder that tends to drift in and out of games and can become pretty much anonymous when his game plan has usually involved ball retention and busy midfielders whenever I’ve seen his teams play. He must see something in him. 

Has the quality of player available to championship clubs significantly declined, or is this a myth? 

Seems like some folk on .net can't help themselves. This particular scumbag is an admin on that site too. Seems like the dreadful arseholes with abhorrent views are feeling emboldened to post their racism (and other bigoted and discriminatory nonsense) after those articles were posted.

Screenshot_20210703-133757_Opera.thumb.jpg.98e8439b8c5940428ab11a5009358611.jpg

The 'muslim grand plan'. Fucking hell. Dangerously close to 'The Great Replacement' garbage.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

3yr profile, comparing him to CMs at whatever level hes played at...

Pybus.thumb.png.b41d615e3c051f9d55034e8975a89311.png

Won't win much in the air, or score many goals. Pretty much an average Championship midfielder all in, tbh. Compared to Wilson to try and give some context.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

He was one of the best players in the league by RandomGuy's stats if I remember correctly. Goes to show that these kind of stats are a lot of shite really.

Well, not really. I said 12 months ago that he was one of the better "box to box workhorse" players in the league just by looking at raw figures. 

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hibs tanned us 3-1. Probably as expected.

4-1 it finished.

No surprise looking at the quality of midfield options we have and general lack of players. Hibs were able to play two different teams each half.

Edited by Chubbychops

3 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

We are going to be rank this year eh? Team is even shitter than last years dross

We’ll still do no worse than 5th or 6th because most teams are equally or even more shite if it makes you feel any better?