Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Grant228 said:

I'd heard that a on dafc.net poster used to be a teacher at Dunfermline High, however moved to Malta after sending some dodygy love letters. 

I'm sure he comes back on occasion as I think he runs some kind of competition as he has spoken at the supporters council meetings before and usually waffles a load of pish.

After seeing his use of punctuation I hope he was neither a teacher nor the writer of letters.

This is probably the worst part from the racism one:

Major recent European and British academic research has concluded that the system is no longer deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities

A report that was laughed off and discredited, with several “authors” admitting they hadn’t actually contributed to it. What an absolute cretin and shame on anyone that still supports that website without calling this out.

If you go further back, to last year, there is casual sexism/misogyny in there too. Describes Jonathan Sutherland, Steven Thompson and Michael Stewart (2 of which, I think are very poor) as ‘a match made in heaven’, then says putting women on Sportscene is Political Correctness wrecking the show, as they only know women’s football.

Truly embarrassing stuff. They’d honestly be best closing the site down. Kind of says it all that they’ve deleted the homophobic article and just not made any comment on it. Acting as if it never existed.

https://dafc.net/story.php?t=Has_BBC_Political_Correctness_Wrecked__`Sportscene`_?&ID=3675

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

If you go further back, to last year, there is casual sexism/misogyny in there too. Describes Jonathan Sutherland, Steven Thompson and Michael Stewart (2 of which, I think are very poor) as ‘a match made in heaven’, then says putting women on Sportscene is Political Correctness wrecking the show, as they only know women’s football.

There was casual racism chucked in at that time too,  he was absolutely triggered by black footballers having a platform to talk about football.

I honestly think ‘SP’ should be banned from the internet. The fact that those admin/moderators have allowed this for (at least 10 months) to be a platform for his horrendous sexist/racist/homophobic opinions should be enough to shut the website down.

No excuse for the author’s articles. But it’s arguably worse that the admins/moderators of that site have allowed this to happen on more than one occasion, over a significant period of time. All of the articles are/were even in their ‘news’ section. Baffling.

I remember a few years ago there was a post popped up on that site, from someone who was clearly blootered making all sorts  of allegations about Sliema and youngster stuff.  That was taken down pronto by the self preservation society. That site has some absolute cretiins who appear beyond reproach and justify each others nonsense. 

Let’s not forget that Brian used to be told which posts to delete by people who worked for the club. 

They literally had a woman working in the office who would look for negative posts and then contact him and “ask” for the content to be removed. Ridiculous.

Edit - This was a decade ago, under the previous regime.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Let’s not forget that Brian used to be told which posts to delete by people who worked for the club. 

They literally had a woman working in the office who would look for negative posts and then contact him and “ask” for the content to be removed. Ridiculous.

Edit - This was a decade ago, under the previous regime.

Don't get me started on that. Lawyers letters, eternal back cards dished out for speaking up about the actual state we were in. Should never be forgotten, and I haven't. 

There is an alternative forum, East End Bounce, it's not overly populated but it's there and provides a Pars alternative to that shitehouse. 

Edited by Axle Grease

Classic Brian, nothing to do with us, someone should have told us sooner etc.

Just had to take the posts down, say “Sorry, these never should have been allowed up in the first place” and that’s it done. Instead, the author will now cry that he’s been “cancelled” and make some ill-informed ramblings involving the term “woke”.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Classic Brian, nothing to do with us, someone should have told us sooner etc.

Just had to take the posts down, say “Sorry, these never should have been allowed up in the first place” and that’s it done. Instead, the author will now cry that he’s been “cancelled” and make some ill-informed ramblings involving the term “woke”.

Red star par has just hit out with the “snowflake generation”. I too am waiting on “woke” For the boomer bingo fulL house with Daily Mail Jackpot prize too.