Walking Down The Halbeath Road

You are both morons, as no defense of Davo’s comments has been offered, and whatever they were, they have been condemned.

Do your fans make plans like this for every player that has ever dived against you? I think it’s fairly clear the answer to that is no. So you have to ask, what’s the difference here? Genuinely, the only difference is that a player has been suspended for making discriminatory comments towards him. Therefore, it’s pretty clear that this planned abuse is due to him being abused by one of your players and anyone taking part is quite clearly going to be deemed to be supporting Davidson’s actions.

Divers are normally booed etc for the rest of a match (at most), then forgotten about/left alone. This is clearly more than that. It really isn’t hard to understand. You will, quite rightly, be branded a racist if you abuse Todorov because a (now former) Raith player was found guilty of discriminatory comments made towards him.

I see Fraser Murray’s signed for Killie. Another signing that I’d have been happy enough with, but is unlikely to completely dominate this league. Killie’s signing policy seems to be to sign players that have been ‘alright’ at other championship clubs, rather than players who have excelled at this level (or above).

I didn't want us to sign Fraser Murray. Just didn't do enough for me.  

I'm a bit surprised too with some of the players Killie are signing.  For team keeping the same budget as last season, I was expecting a good bit better quality.

Would have been a bit of a gamble. Will have cost us a fair whack and didn’t show it enough when he played. Would have took him, absolutely, as I think he is a fair talent, but would rather us take our time and assess our options as could end up getting someone a lot more consistent.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye, sounds like something is close to being agreed.  Not sure who is good enough and available tho.

Might be outside Scotland.  Seems to be a real shortage of keepers coming through in Scotland.

Do your fans make plans like this for every player that has ever dived against you? I think it’s fairly clear the answer to that is no. So you have to ask, what’s the difference here? Genuinely, the only difference is that a player has been suspended for making discriminatory comments towards him. Therefore, it’s pretty clear that this planned abuse is due to him being abused by one of your players and anyone taking part is quite clearly going to be deemed to be supporting Davidson’s actions.

Divers are normally booed etc for the rest of a match (at most), then forgotten about/left alone. This is clearly more than that. It really isn’t hard to understand. You will, quite rightly, be branded a racist if you abuse Todorov because a (now former) Raith player was found guilty of discriminatory comments made towards him.
Jamie Hamill received pelters from our support for some considerable time for unashamedly and knowingly cheating the ref to have one of our players sent off. Nothing else. That booing diminished over the ensuing years until most recently it was replaced with mockery at how far off the pace he was. So it's fairly clear that the answer is, some players do continue to get grief beyond the 90 mins. And it's hard to argue with someone showing disapproval for a cheat.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

You are both morons, as no defense of Davo’s comments has been offered, and whatever they were, they have been condemned.

Why do you seem more upset by a footballer “diving” than you are about racial abuse? 

Think everyone is well aware of who the moron in this discussion is.

12 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I see Fraser Murray’s signed for Killie. Another signing that I’d have been happy enough with, but is unlikely to completely dominate this league. Killie’s signing policy seems to be to sign players that have been ‘alright’ at other championship clubs, rather than players who have excelled at this level (or above).

I was just thinking that.  A squad full of MOTR players.  Watch them now cigar the league.

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Think they've recruited poorly considering their budget if I'm honest.

It's certainly no Hearts or previously Dundee United squad.

Signing "middling" players who knew the division, and turning them into more than the sum of their parts, is how Tommy Wright operated when with us a lot, so presumably he's hoping that's the magic formula for him at Killie.

Can't help but feel he's underestimating the division a bit though.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Signing "middling" players who knew the division, and turning them into more than the sum of their parts, is how Tommy Wright operated when with us a lot, so presumably he's hoping that's the magic formula for him at Killie.

Nah, the division is fucking terrible tbh.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Nah, the division is fucking terrible tbh.

Yeah, so signing folk who are average players in it isn't the same as signing average top flight players.

The things he'll expect them to do may well be beyond them.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, so signing folk who are average players in it isn't the same as signing average top flight players.

The things he'll expect them to do may well be beyond them.

Yup, they may end up as a functional, effective team without any superstars. Not sure how that approach works when you’re clear favourites for the title though.

It’s what McGlynn has done at Raith on a much reduced budget and they got far closer to promotion than anyone thought feasible. Not sure fans will be as accepting next season with expectations higher.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How is he underestimated the division. He’s been left with 3 players and had to build an entire squad. Players aren’t huge names but they are leaders. McGinn, Alston, Stokes, Murray were all captains. Murray/Armstrong are young with potential. Naismith is a good signing, Burke will resign. Then you spend bigger money on quality in attacking areas and GK

41 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

How is he underestimated the division. He’s been left with 3 players and had to build an entire squad. Players aren’t huge names but they are leaders. McGinn, Alston, Stokes, Murray were all captains. Murray/Armstrong are young with potential. Naismith is a good signing, Burke will resign. Then you spend bigger money on quality in attacking areas and GK

Will he though? So far he's signed mid-table Championship players. Who are these marquee players you're being linked to?