Walking Down The Halbeath Road

48 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

How is he underestimated the division. He’s been left with 3 players and had to build an entire squad. Players aren’t huge names but they are leaders. McGinn, Alston, Stokes, Murray were all captains. Murray/Armstrong are young with potential. Naismith is a good signing, Burke will resign. Then you spend bigger money on quality in attacking areas and GK

Just now hes signed Championship level players, and Naismith is ~bottom 6 quality at a push, but its quite telling hes dropped to this level and you can't think of a top flight club bar County who have "missed out".

Hes never managed at this level before, and expecting things that work in the Premiership to work in the Championship is what caused so many clubs to get trapped down here.

McGinn and Alston are completely finished, Euan Murray is bang average for this level and was only linked to the top flight due to his goal record. Murray/Armstrong are prototype "good Championship attackers/can never make the step up" players.

You've signed a rotten keeper and have an even worse one on trial, I doubt you'd be bothering with either if a clear first choice was lined up.

Feels like he thinks he just needs a hard working group who "know the division" and it'll be sorted, despite almost all promoted teams needing 2/3 top flight level players.

Just now hes signed Championship level players, and Naismith is ~bottom 6 quality at a push, but its quite telling hes dropped to this level and you can't think of a top flight club bar County who have "missed out".
Hes never managed at this level before, and expecting things that work in the Premiership to work in the Championship is what caused so many clubs to get trapped down here.
McGinn and Alston are completely finished, Euan Murray is bang average for this level and was only linked to the top flight due to his goal record. Murray/Armstrong are prototype "good Championship attackers/can never make the step up" players.
You've signed a rotten keeper and have an even worse one on trial, I doubt you'd be bothering with either if a clear first choice was lined up.
Feels like he thinks he just needs a hard working group who "know the division" and it'll be sorted, despite almost all promoted teams needing 2/3 top flight level players.

Aye I’m not convinced that a manger who was able to build hard working sides and get them punching about their weight is the ideal choice to manage a club in a lower division who will be expected to go out and turn teams over in every match.

With Kilmarnock supposedly having the biggest budget and then recruiting the way they have been, it’s looking like it could be one of the worst Championships in recent times in terms of the quality of the teams. There’s not one team in this league that you’d think could hold their own in the league above.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’m not convinced that a manger who was able to build hard working sides and get them punching about their weight is the ideal choice to manage a club in a lower division who will be expected to go out and turn teams over in every match.

With Kilmarnock supposedly having the biggest budget and then recruiting the way they have been, it’s looking like it could be one of the worst Championships in recent times in terms of the quality of the teams. There’s not one team in this league that you’d think could hold their own in the league above.

Isn’t that the point though? The league winners will obviously sign better players for playing in the league above?

Isn’t that the point though? The league winners will obviously sign better players for playing in the league above?

Imo in the past there’s been a team or two that you could look at and think they’d probably do okay (okay being staying up) in the Premiership.

This season I don’t think anyone could honestly say that about another team. You’re right in that it’s sort of the point that when you get promotion you are expected to strengthen to meet the step up in quality but the fact that every team would need to strengthen significantly shows that this league is already looking even worse than last season.

Are pre-season friendlies glorified training sessions played at half pace that are completely insignificant  ? Yes 

Am I enjoying the euros which I can watch for free comfortable in my own home?  Yes

Am I completely buzzing that i will  see the mighty DA live from inside a football stadium in just a few days ?  HELL FUCKING YES.

Can I explain why the f**k that makes any sense?  No

34 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Some quite astonishing “black people are the real racists” and “gay people shouldn’t be on tv before the watershed” editorial pieces on DAFC.net.

Just read this. Always refreshing to get a middle-aged white man’s take on racism and whether it exists or not.

Thankfully, no sane person takes Dot Net seriously but I’m sure the Alba crew are congratulating the author on his “brave” stance.

Some quite astonishing “black people are the real racists” and “gay people shouldn’t be on tv before the watershed” editorial pieces on DAFC.net.

Honestly hadn’t seen this until I saw your post. Truly astonishing and embarrassing take. Says a lot about that site, they’ll post blogs like that but ban people from the forums who criticise the club.

1 hour ago, Peter Grant said:

Surely not, Where's that about? 

Haven't tried in years, but I can't get on the actual dafc.net homepage, has it been taken down? 

Edited by Grant228

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Are pre-season friendlies glorified training sessions played at half pace that are completely insignificant  ? Yes 

Am I enjoying the euros which I can watch for free comfortable in my own home?  Yes

Am I completely buzzing that i will  see the mighty DA live from inside a football stadium in just a few days ?  HELL FUCKING YES.

Can I explain why the f**k that makes any sense?  No

Absolutely this. The boy and I got tickets for the Spartans game on Wednesday. Its a friendly and I'm spraffing in my breeks for it, no real.

35 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Honestly hadn’t seen this until I saw your post. Truly astonishing and embarrassing take. Says a lot about that site, they’ll post blogs like that but ban people from the forums who criticise the club.

The site is an absolute zoo, it's like the content of the Star Wars bar were gifted keyboards.

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

It's an eternal shitehouse of a forum. I never go near it and it irks me the way the club chose to embrace it post administration. It should have been jettisoned into oblivion. 

35 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

It's an eternal shitehouse of a forum. I never go near it and it irks me the way the club chose to embrace it post administration. It should have been jettisoned into oblivion. 

I can't get on to the articles or .net so I assume it has been nuked.

Jesus christ [emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Surely not, Where's that about? 

Haven't tried in years, but I can't get on the actual dafc.net homepage, has it been taken down? 

Looks like it’s gone. There was a bit about how slavery was never a thing in Scotland, he has some friends who are not 100% white, that the real culprits are that dance troupe from X factor who got all the complaints and also an article on how there shouldn’t be folk like Rylan only getting a job to “tick boxes at the BBC” and that he ruined Eurovision.