Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

A couple of games doesn’t seem like much of a punishment for racist abuse. Maybe a couple of appearance bonuses lost but that’s about it. Think Davidson is joining the Pars colony at Kelty. 

I agree, 15 game minimum if we are serious about "Showing racism the red card" you can't slap someone with a suspension that's shorter than many that would result in being shown a red card for say fighting.

Just now, DAFC. said:

More of a sideway step for him, given he hasn’t moved to a better league, but I imagine we’ll be able to offer more wages than ICT these days.

I’d imagine so.

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Better than the backwards step he seemed to be on the verge of making to Ayr.

He was never signing for Ayr. If he didn’t get a move to the area he was looking for I’m pretty sure he would have re-signed a new one year deal with us and tried again next year.

Edited by PB1994

He was never signing for Ayr. If he didn’t get a move to the area he was looking for I’m pretty sure he would have re-signed a new one year deal with us and tried again next year.
Try telling the Ayr lot that, was a "done deal" apparently

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Try telling the Ayr lot that, was a "done deal" apparently

Yeap, very strange. Seems to be based purely on the fact he visited their stadium.

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You can’t deny that Grant talks a good game. If he can back it up then we’ll be getting somewhere.

Must admit I’m still uncomfortable with how he speaks,  it screams arrogance,   But if we start getting results it will start to be seen as rightful confidence. He’s playing a dangerously game,  I desperately hope it pays off.

I don't read any of that as arrogant to be fair. He sounds like he know what he wants and is giving praise to the players who have come in.  

I can at least see him giving the players a bit of motivation. Crawford was an nice guy clearly,  but I never got the feeling he had any confidence in himself as a manager.

I actually quite liked the interview. Thought it was refreshing to see a manager telling it as it is. Crawford would have tiptoed around the issue and left rumours to be made up (see Kyle Turner), rather than telling us what happened with McManus’ agent.

He’s clearly a fan of Todorov and went out to make sure he got the man he wanted. Credit to him for that. Good to hear he’s impressed with Rice and I do like the idea of a left footed CB for that role. I’m sure it won’t take long for him to work out the likes of Matt Todd aren’t good enough as well.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Must admit I’m still uncomfortable with how he speaks,  it screams arrogance,   But if we start getting results it will start to be seen as rightful confidence. He’s playing a dangerously game,  I desperately hope it pays off.

Anything different from Crawford’s coma inducing media comments is a refreshing change IMO. At least if we’re shit Grant might lose the plot entirely and it will be entertaining if nothing else.

Why pussyfoot around anyway? Good on Peter for adding a bit of pomp and arrogance. 

I don’t mind him taking his time with the signings. In recent times we’ve had a squad together early and have been flying in the cup games but does that really help come the end of the season? 

Guest Axle Grease
10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Must admit I’m still uncomfortable with how he speaks,  it screams arrogance

Not it doesn't. He's speaking clearly and articulately about his ambitions and plans for our assault on the league this season coming. 

Quite liked the interview. 

Open and honest. Won’t be held to ransom by players, only wants people at the club who want to be there. Dealt with the McManus situation early and also pointed out it was more agent orientated. 

aahhh you’ll never please everyone. I personally would’ve like another couple of signings but I’m sure they will come. 

Edited by obiwanyouknowme