Walking Down The Halbeath Road

55 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We should have 2 senior keepers IMO and youth goalie should be 3rd choice. If youth keeper is really good and/or club short of cash, he should be back-up.

A replacement for McManus if he leaves or if McCann went out on loan? I could get that. Not a chance should we have 5 strikers in the squad though.

So you saying we should have 3 keepers now? 

I said we need to bring in a striker, never said we would have 5. I think 1 will move on wether that be loan or permanent or 1 of the existing will be converted to another position 

31 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

So you saying we should have 3 keepers now? 

I said we need to bring in a striker, never said we would have 5. I think 1 will move on wether that be loan or permanent or 1 of the existing will be converted to another position 

I wouldn’t count youth players as part of the first team squad, so no.

Was reading an article in The Athletic this morning talking about keepers being on stand-by at the Euros in case of positive COVID-19 tests. Mentioned OFW and said staying prepared won’t be a problem as “pre-season training at Dunfermline starts on 11th June”

Are we really beginning pre-season training today? Would Wales ever, ever be that desperate?

Was reading an article in The Athletic this morning talking about keepers being on stand-by at the Euros in case of positive COVID-19 tests. Mentioned OFW and said staying prepared won’t be a problem as “pre-season training at Dunfermline starts on 11th June”
Are we really beginning pre-season training today? Would Wales ever, ever be that desperate?
He was in a squad fairly recently so will ne 4th or 5th choice I'd imagine. If they had a keeper or two drop out then he'd be there as 2nd or 3rd keeper I'd imagine.

Edited to add: not sure who the next cab off the rank would be for Scotland. Scott Bain? Hardly Gianluca Buffon either.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Don't see why he wouldn't be considered by Wales, they don't exactly have a massive player pool to pick from.

Scotland are not to different either, outside of Marshall & Gordon none are really all that great imo.

McManus bid accepted

Dunfermline Athletic have accepted a £50,000 bid for Declan McManus from The New Saints.

The ambitious Welsh side want the 26-year-old to spearhead their Europa League Conference assault.

TNS have tabled a club-record bid that the Pars have accepted.

The 26-year-old is now due to travel south for talks and to finalise his move.

TNS have new financial backing and they are looking to topple Connah Quay’s Nomads from the top spot.

Not bad deal for a player that wasn't likely to start games next year.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

50k for McManus is terrific, as someone else said I think Wighton and O'Hara will be our front 2. I think McCann wouldn't be bad as back up either.

McCann isn't up to it I think.

A huge total of 0 goals for us. Even Gabby McGill got 1.

Shields and Grant both talked about him as having great potential in their recent interviews. Think they’re hoping for him to kick on this season.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye I'm aware of that. Maybe it's me becoming stubborn in my view but I still think there's a potentially great player there.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Shields and Grant both talked about him as having great potential in their recent interviews. Think they’re hoping for him to kick on this season.

I wonder what this 'potential' is based on? Even in a rank season last year, some players still showed flashes that they could be decent. All I can remember from McCann is him nearly scoring at Morton. That's it, across an entire season. I haven't seen anything to suggest he'll be decent, let alone great. 

What am I missing?

Edited by DA Baracus

I wonder what this 'potential' is based on? Even in a rank season last year, some players still showed flashes that they could be decent. All I can remember from McCann is him nearly scoring at Morton. That's it, across an entire season. I haven't seen anything to suggest he'll be decent, let alone great. 
What am I missing?

I thought he looked like he had potential a couple of years ago, but he’s really not kicked on. That being said, he hardly played last season and Crawford moved him all over the place - he even played central midfield a few times. So it’s a bit hard to judge him based on that. Just looked and he played 360 minutes in the league. Equivalent of 4 full games in a 27 game season. But he didn’t seem to offer anything in those appearances, I would agree.

He’s never had a consistent run of appearances in any position and is only 20, so we’ve just got to trust the coaches/manager’s opinions. We don’t see what goes on in training. By all accounts, he’s done well for the reserves, but he hasn’t made that move to first team standards yet.