Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

3 trophies in recent memory make them the envy of anyone outside Celtic

FTFY.

St Johnstone are a fantastically run club I've always thought the roof of EEP should be a solar farm to bring in money and our function suite is no where near as productive outwith a match day.

4 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

That was better than the Morecambe stuff. Now can someone explain Livi’s funding model?

We run at no operating losses, budget is routinely one of the lowest in the league. Any further money made in profit is used to reducing debt, down from about 1.3m to 200-300k over 3 seasons. Only reason we're doing okay right now is the sale of Dykes, otherwise COVID would've had us by the balls. 

I think once we're debt free the plan may be to purchase the stadium and start renting it out for events/hire. Plastic pitch can be used and abused freely, is currently hired out most nights of the week just for local sides to use. We've had boxing in there I'm sure too, so would like to see us open up to gigs. Probably a perfect spot for a large events venue in the summer. Would imagine the large company house next to the stadium could get rented out floor by floor to companies as well. Currently laying almost empty.

Edited by ATLIS

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We run at no operating losses, budget is routinely one of the lowest in the league. Any further money made in profit is used to reducing debt, down from about 1.3m to 200-300k over 3 seasons. Only reason we're doing okay right now is the sale of Dykes, otherwise COVID would've had us by the balls. 

I think once we're debt free the plan may be to purchase the stadium and start renting it out for events/hire. Plastic pitch can be used and abused freely, is currently hired out most nights of the week just for local sides to use. We've had boxing in there I'm sure too, so would like to see us open up to gigs. Probably a perfect spot for a large events venue in the summer. Would imagine the large company house next to the stadium could get rented out floor by floor to companies as well. Currently laying almost empty.

Sounds exactly like what The Caley have done. Our debt has been greatly reduced and we've set up a company that books acts at the stadium.

Does anyone know if we’re planning to add to our coaching staff?

I noticed that Shields has moved from Assistant Head Coach, to First Team Coach - title changed on the club website too. Does this mean we’re planning to bring someone else in as Grant’s assistant?

We’re a coach (or a player/coach) down from last season as well, in terms of numbers. Crawford and Dair left, with just Grant coming in. Obviously Whittaker is now a full time coach, but it’s still less man power, despite the return of the reserve league this year. Might we be looking at a youth/reserve coach instead?

I figured the phrasing meant an assistant was still to be appointed or they’d both essentially be joint assistants.

30 days until our first competitive game of the 2021/22 season. Hopefully some new signings announced in next week or so?

Who on here has purchased their ST?

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Does anyone know if we’re planning to add to our coaching staff?

I noticed that Shields has moved from Assistant Head Coach, to First Team Coach - title changed on the club website too. Does this mean we’re planning to bring someone else in as Grant’s assistant?

We’re a coach (or a player/coach) down from last season as well, in terms of numbers. Crawford and Dair left, with just Grant coming in. Obviously Whittaker is now a full time coach, but it’s still less man power, despite the return of the reserve league this year. Might we be looking at a youth/reserve coach instead?

Don't think there are any plans to have a formal assistant but the Sporting director will be more hands on so in terms of bodies I don't think we will be down just depends when he can get over from Germany.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I figured the phrasing meant an assistant was still to be appointed or they’d both essentially be joint assistants.

30 days until our first competitive game of the 2021/22 season. Hopefully some new signings announced in next week or so?

Who on here has purchased their ST?

I got the impression that those 3 are the management team now. You might get another player/coach Whitaker type signing that come in, but I don't think another assistant.

Looking at the squad with 30 days til the cup, I would say a GK, CB,  x2 CM and winger back up are the minimum still needed, so at least 5 to come in. I would hope we get some movement next week.

I've not renewed yet but will soon.

I think I'll just go to the games against the Wee Team and the odd game here and there tbh. I live about a 45 minute drive away and I just cba travelling every second Saturday this season. No motivation at all to get a season ticket. 

Having been lucky enough to get to every game during the pandemic I for one will be glad to get fans back in. Sitting in an empty EEP is not great. 

Can’t wait for the new season. 

In regards to signings of think we need at least 7/8 rising to 10. Wishful thinking I know but we only have 16 signed. We had 30 on the books last year and loaned out 4 

Think we need 

2 x Goalkeepers - Someone to compete with OFW and a 3rd choice.

2 x Cb - we only have Watson and Gaspuitis

3 x CM - Only really have Wilson with experience 

3 x Forward players - 2 Winger 1 striker 

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I got the impression that those 3 are the management team now. You might get another player/coach Whitaker type signing that come in, but I don't think another assistant.

Looking at the squad with 30 days til the cup, I would say a GK, CB,  x2 CM and winger back up are the minimum still needed, so at least 5 to come in. I would hope we get some movement next week.

I've not renewed yet but will soon.

Would agree with that, although if we have MacDonald and Martin then I don’t think another defender is a priority. Keeper and a new midfield are urgently needed though.

8 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Think we need 

2 x Goalkeepers - Someone to compete with OFW and a 3rd choice.

2 x Cb - we only have Watson and Gaspuitis

3 x CM - Only really have Wilson with experience 

3 x Forward players - 2 Winger 1 striker 

We 100% do not need 3 keepers and hard to justify another striker with Wighton, McManus, O’Hara and McCann already under contract.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

We 100% do not need 3 keepers and hard to justify another striker with Wighton, McManus, O’Hara and McCann already under contract.

Take it there’s little substance to the rumours of McManus leaving then?

We need wingers. Dow won't be fit for the start of the season, but even if he is, having just two isn't enough to cover injuries and suspensions, as well as the potential to change a player who isn't performing.

Wightons contract with hearts finished yesterday. Was hoping for a picture of him in the new kit on to get a wee buzz for the new season. Looking forward to him and O’Hara linking up. His form at the end of the season was excellent and O’Hara has spoken previously about how Grant got the best out of him so it could be very exciting watching them link up for a full season

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Always had 3 keepers. 2 with experience and a youth keeper. The justification in another striker would be the 4 we have didn’t score enough. 

This is just my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

The justification in another striker would be the 4 we have didn’t score enough. 

I would put that down to Crawford's tactics more than their ability to score goals. The amount of times we played one up top with no support.

I think once Crawford realised towards the end of the season that he needed to attack more, we saw the real O'Hara and Wighton scored some great goals.  

28 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Always had 3 keepers. 2 with experience and a youth keeper. The justification in another striker would be the 4 we have didn’t score enough. 

This is just my opinion. 

We should have 2 senior keepers IMO and youth goalie should be 3rd choice. If youth keeper is really good and/or club short of cash, he should be back-up.

A replacement for McManus if he leaves or if McCann went out on loan? I could get that. Not a chance should we have 5 strikers in the squad though.