Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

I would absolutely take Murray back.

I'd make him a consistent starter and I reckon it would pay dividends. 

Fingers crossed for that one. 

In the middle of the park? No chance should he be starting ahead of Thomas or Dow out wide if both are fit.

I’d like to think we’d be in for Murray too. He could be a pretty decent replacement for Hendry. The idiot above is wrong of course - he absolutely did tear us apart in that game. 

Edited by Enigma

@CallumPar Many congratulations on winning the training shirt. I've not actually been to collect it, if you live in Fife I'm happy to drop it off or you can collect it otherwise you can pay for the postage to get it ASAP or you can get it at the next Dunfermline game.

If anyone wants to see the video of the draw let me know but I did do a screen recorder thing.

Thanks so much everyone who put money in the pot, I'll be in touch at the end of the week about next season's sponsorship.

Screenshot_20210609-113045.jpg

[mention=40089]CallumPar[/mention] Many congratulations on winning the training shirt. I've not actually been to collect it, if you live in Fife I'm happy to drop it off or you can collect it otherwise you can pay for the postage to get it ASAP or you can get it at the next Dunfermline game.
If anyone wants to see the video of the draw let me know but I did do a screen recorder thing.
Thanks so much everyone who put money in the pot, I'll be in touch at the end of the week about next season's sponsorship.
Screenshot_20210609-113045.thumb.jpg.cd755e0b73010b4889267c317b57c5b8.jpg

Cheers mate. I stay in Dunfermline, so just drop me a message when you have a chance to collect it and I’m sure we can arrange something.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Brace yourselves when the Perth boys find out about this claim

image.png.cf8ca5541e74cf42a06458bb4e0c1330.png

I cringed big time when I saw it. They've won more trophies in 7 years than we have in over 135. 

It's a ridiculous and patently false statement, and I fail to see what it's based on other than we were quite good for a few years over half a century ago.

It's also utterly meaningless. 

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

St Johnstone have a smaller fan base, but that's about it. We're have fallen far behind them in them last 15 years in all other aspects.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Our stupid signing policy in the 00s which nearly killed us really has set us back. Look at teams that have done so much better than us in the past decade whilst we fell behind, out-with a good season in 2011.

Have any of you read the interview? The headline is intentionally misleading, to draw attention and get people to talk about/read the article.

Basically, he says we’re as big as them but he sees us as being bigger. Talks about wanting to replicate their sustained success and build a similar environment, where they recruit players based on their style of play. Also goes onto talk about the importance of the training ground/academy. It’s a very short quote, that was part of him basically saying there’s no reason we can’t aspire to the standard St Johnstone are at just now. We just need to keep making small steps on the way there.

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's a ridiculous and patently false statement, and I fail to see what it's based on other than we were quite good for a few years over half a century ago.

It's also utterly meaningless. 

He also goes on to talk about taking up to where Davidson has taken Saints, it's fairly "click baity" as like you say bigger means f**k all in football. Im sure plenty folk would say Sunderland and a bigger club than many others in the English championship but it doesn't matter when they are continuously horrific.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Have any of you read the interview? The headline is intentionally misleading, to draw attention and get people to talk about/read the article.

Basically, he says we’re as big as them but he sees us as being bigger. Talks about wanting to replicate their sustained success and build a similar environment, where they recruit players based on their style of play. Also goes onto talk about the importance of the training ground/academy. It’s a very short quote, that was part of him basically saying there’s no reason we can’t aspire to the standard St Johnstone are at just now. We just need to keep making small steps on the way there.

Aye spot on.
I really liked the interview and admired his ambition, I'd like to see a lot more of that around the club. St Johnstone are exactly the kind of club we should be looking to emulate.

As I said a few weeks back on the St Johnstone thread, they're a bit of an anomaly.  The revenue they get from non-football events is wild.  It's why they rarely lose their best players due to being able to offer them good contract extensions and are so consistently successful because of it, whether it's winning trophies or qualifying for Europe.

Trying to 'emulate' St Johnstone is a bit of a ref herring as it's basically impossible for other clubs to do what they do from a business perspective (a perspective which is then transferred to the footballing side of the club).

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’d like to think we’d be in for Murray too. He could be a pretty decent replacement for Hendry. The idiot above is wrong of course - he absolutely did tear us apart in that game. 

Raith fans are a decent bunch eh?

As I said a few weeks back on the St Johnstone thread, they're a bit of an anomaly.  The revenue they get from non-football events is wild.  It's why they rarely lose their best players due to being able to offer them good contract extensions and are so consistently successful because of it, whether it's winning trophies or qualifying for Europe.
Trying to 'emulate' St Johnstone is a bit of a ref herring as it's basically impossible for other clubs to do what they do from a business perspective (a perspective which is then transferred to the footballing side of the club).

I’m not really familiar with their business model. What is the non-football revenue that they get and why is it so high?