Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Goldenface said:

Fair enough mate, I hadn't actually sat and worked that out when I posted. That does put it a bit more into perspective.
I'll still be buying mine, but I think giving a wee nod/something/anything to ST renewers would have been a nice touch from the board.
Like you said yourself, McArthur seems to do nothing to recognise the loyalty of the fanbase.

I know its an entirely different club with an entirely different financial situation but to see Motherwell give out free season tickets while we barely even get a thank you seems a bit shite from McArthur & co.

Ayr are giving everyone who renews their ticket £20 voucher for shop and even giving those who had 1 last year and not renewing £10 voucher 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

No, I said he'll be delayed in making signings, especially since there was doubt around Whittaker. 

What we need depends on how the manager wants to play. Whilst he will probably be aware of the positions that need filled, he may need to discuss his plans with Whittaker and Shields first and ask them for assessment of the players currently at the club to see how/if they could fit his system. He may then need to discuss targets. They may know a central midfielder is needed for example, but what type?

Anyway, for all we know they've offered out loads of contracts and are just waiting to hear back. Or they could have done nothing, but I feel that's unlikely.

I just think you’re massively overestimating how long that takes. Assessing the squad with his coaches takes hours not days.

I’m also not believing any serious candidate applied for a manager’s job without a good idea of the players he’d want to bring to the club. This will have been discussed during any interview with McArthur/Meggle.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If enough people refuse to pay the ridiculous prices, they will come down.

If enough people keep handing over £20+ out of some perverse loyalty then clubs are quite right to keep charging those prices.

This scenario always reminds me of an interview with some Celtic travel club moron at Tynecastle, complaining of the rise in prices that Hearts started charging Celtic... and then said they'd still sell out their allocation. F*cking idiot. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

This scenario always reminds me of an interview with some Celtic travel club moron at Tynecastle, complaining of the rise in prices that Hearts started charging Celtic... and then said they'd still sell out their allocation. F*cking idiot. 

The market will correct itself. Clubs are well within their rights to maximise their income, especially when so many supporters/customers are thick as mince and will just pay whatever they’re asked.

Don’t like the prices? Don’t pay them, write to the club and explain why you’re not paying them. Handing over £20 and then moaning is the behaviour of an absolute mouth breather.

Attendances have been falling at East End for a while now. Some of the crowds we were getting pre-pandemic were alarmingly low.

The gash football was obviously putting folk off. The worry is that the pandemic will have got a lot of folk 'out of the habit' who may be thinking of choosing their games rather than a season ticket, but if prices go up they might just not bother at all.

Add to that the disastrous appointment of Grant that utterly deflated many fans and has completely sapped any enthusiasm for the new season, along with prices that aren't exactly jumping out (including no 'early bird' type deals) and a feeling of complacency coming from the club and there has to be a very serious concern about how many season tickets will be shifted.

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

"disastrous"

I hope you keep saying that when we're league champions this coming season.

Nope! 

I'll refuse to celebrate and will vociferously booo the team as they lift the league trophy!

Murray coming back permanently is a decent enough bit of buisness.

Dow(if he gets fit and back anywhere near his best)  and Thomas are a good quality first choice wingers, murray as back-up from when they are off form is a good option to bring on.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Screenshot_20210608-144747.png

He doesn't do it enough for me. Coming in off the left and taking a ping is his biggest threat. He's got a powerful shot on him. Don't think he's very good at getting past players, as his close control isn't great.

If we could get the Fraser Murray that ripped Rovers back in February, maybe every 4-5 games, I would say different but I could count on one hand the amount of good games he had.

Edited by Chubbychops

He absolutely tore Raith apart that game. If indeed he does sign, and Grant can get the best out of him ie get him playing like that every week, it would be an outstanding addition BUT only if he is consistent like that. We cannot afford players that turn up 1 in every 5 games.