Walking Down The Halbeath Road

55 minutes ago, Goldenface said:

Season ticket prices increasing by a minimum of £55 is shite considering there's no guarantee of getting into games yet.

Along with a very uninspiring managerial appointment, an ok home top, a shite away top and zero signings so far, the club aren't exactly doing a lot to get the fans excited to buy a season ticket imo.

I doubt anyone has chosen to not buy a season ticket because they don't like the strips.

They'll take a hit due to the pish appointment of a manager though.

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I had hoped for a-bit more recognition to how bad last seasons was for value,  seems a bit ‘aye we know, thanks for the support, fancy handing a bit more over?’  

Completely agree, even some kind of discount for renewal as far as I can see there is no early bird discount.

And more generally like £10 off in the club shop for spending over £100 £5 off for spending £50 or a voucher for a free Bridie or something that wouldn't cost a huge amount.

I have one person who contributed but hasn't got in touch. I will email you so if you think it's you keep an eye on your emails. 
I will then do the draw for the shirt using a random name generator.

ETA it could be [mention=33318]smpar[/mention] ?

Not me I’m afraid. Though I did have to check my online banking to make sure I didn’t do it on Saturday night whilst pished.

Season tickets are going to take a serious thumping. I think we’re doing very well if we can break 2500 in all honesty. Just a shite feeling in the Pars camp at the moment. Underwhelming managerial appointment and the pandemic is most likely going to inhibit proper crowds when the season starts which will put folk off buying season tickets as well.

We’ve probably put feelers out on a lot of players but other teams will have been able to offer more money. I have no doubt we’ve spoke to guys like McGinn, Robinson etc but Kilmarnock simply have more money to throw about than us. We’ll make QotS and Morton-esque signings ie mid table, floating above relegation standard and hope that guys like Wighton, Comrie etc are enough to keep us from serious trouble. Think that’s where we are at the moment.

Season ticket prices increasing by a minimum of £55 is shite considering there's no guarantee of getting into games yet.

Along with a very uninspiring managerial appointment, an ok home top, a shite away top and zero signings so far, the club aren't exactly doing a lot to get the fans excited to buy a season ticket imo.

But it’s £16.95 per game. Last season it was £17.85 per league game. This is actually cheaper per gamethan last season, despite the fact it’s likely that season ticket holders will be in the stadium for every single home game.

You really think we should charge the same overall price, despite having 4 extra home games? Season tickets normally go on sale in May, when we’ve usually made zero signings. So that’s nothing new either.

Feel free not to buy, but complaining about a price increase, despite a lower cost per game than last season is ridiculous. Honestly, some people will moan about anything.

I agree that it would be nice to get some recognition of loyalty, for those renewing. I feel like Ross McArthur repeatedly goes on about how much they appreciate the loyalty of fans etc (particularly during the pandemic) but the club do absolutely nothing to show recognition/appreciation.

Money off in club shop, or even the usual early bird discount would have been fine. But this isn’t keeping the price the same as 2019/20, despite the claim that it is, since a lot of people took up the early bird offer. At a time when finances are an issue for many, I do believe they could have done more. Those of us who bought season tickets last season didn’t get any value for money and paid £94 more than they would have for the 13 (including play off) home games that weren’t on tv, if they had opted for the PPV option.

However, the price increase does still reflect a lower cost per game than we paid last season (other than for the main stand).

Guest Axle Grease

I think the prices are okay and I'll be buying a season ticket. Just my choice. 

I'm wasn't over the moon about Peter Grant either but he's there now and I'll support the guy. 

I'm an advocate of the German contingent and actually positive about the noises they've made about their intentions. Especially a training ground. Article picked up on Twitter tonight mentions it 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2287165/what-dunfermline-athletic-fans-should-expect-after-german-takeover/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&amp&__twitter_impression=true

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

And how do you know the manager hasn't spoken to anyone?

You were the one arguing he won’t be signing players because he needs to assess the squad.

I was pointing out that’s daft because anyone that’s followed football for five minutes knows what we’re looking for in terms of recruitment.

£305 is very steep when you consider there’s every chance those 2/3 “free” games you’ll get will be behind closed doors. Streaming is absolutely pish as an alternative.

If you think of it as a charitable donation I can understand buying one but it’s pretty terrible value for money. Especially with a poor managerial appointment and no signings to get excited about.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

I think the pricing is fair enough.   

Plenty time to make signings. 

I think it’s tough to judge unless you know what walk up prices will be if and when that’s allowed. If they’re still £20 then £305 isn’t much of saving really.

I think it’s tough to judge unless you know what walk up prices will be if and when that’s allowed. If they’re still £20 then £305 isn’t much of saving really.

How not? It’s a £55 saving, assuming (as looks likely) we’ll be allowed in the grounds. You will only ‘lose’ money, if 7 or more games are behind closed doors (assuming £12 stream and £20 patg). Given where we are with vaccinations, that seems incredibly unlikely.

That’s before you consider that it’s very likely that there will be games that only season ticket holders can attend, or (at the very least) those wanting patg tickets will have to enter a ballot and will not be guaranteed tickets. Part of the package this year, is that it’s likely you will be back in the ground for all games, which is very unlikely for non season ticket holders.

9 hours ago, CallumPar said:

But it’s £16.95 per game. Last season it was £17.85 per league game. This is actually cheaper per gamethan last season, despite the fact it’s likely that season ticket holders will be in the stadium for every single home game.

You really think we should charge the same overall price, despite having 4 extra home games? Season tickets normally go on sale in May, when we’ve usually made zero signings. So that’s nothing new either.

Feel free not to buy, but complaining about a price increase, despite a lower cost per game than last season is ridiculous. Honestly, some people will moan about anything.

Fair enough mate, I hadn't actually sat and worked that out when I posted. That does put it a bit more into perspective.
I'll still be buying mine, but I think giving a wee nod/something/anything to ST renewers would have been a nice touch from the board.
Like you said yourself, McArthur seems to do nothing to recognise the loyalty of the fanbase.

I know its an entirely different club with an entirely different financial situation but to see Motherwell give out free season tickets while we barely even get a thank you seems a bit shite from McArthur & co.

Edited by Goldenface
Pish spelling

You seem to be in the same boat as us, new manager and no signings yet, except you've actually released your season ticket prices.

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You were the one arguing he won’t be signing players because he needs to assess the squad.

I was pointing out that’s daft because anyone that’s followed football for five minutes knows what we’re looking for in terms of recruitment.

No, I said he'll be delayed in making signings, especially since there was doubt around Whittaker. 

What we need depends on how the manager wants to play. Whilst he will probably be aware of the positions that need filled, he may need to discuss his plans with Whittaker and Shields first and ask them for assessment of the players currently at the club to see how/if they could fit his system. He may then need to discuss targets. They may know a central midfielder is needed for example, but what type?

Anyway, for all we know they've offered out loads of contracts and are just waiting to hear back. Or they could have done nothing, but I feel that's unlikely.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I fear the walkup prices will go up. They're already too high. Paying over £20 for any league game in Scotland isn't acceptable.

I remember the first time I experienced it hitting the £20 mark, away to United in 05/06, walked up to the turnstile with a £20 note in my hand and expected a few quid back -

Me, steaming 'One adult please'

Turnstile lassie '£20' 

Me, steaming 'Kin hell!'

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Another team signs a player = our manager is genuinely doing f**k all.

How do you know what negotiations are ongoing? How do you know the club didn't bid for McGinn either?

Also helps that Wright has been in post long enough to have identified targets well in advance of the season ending (he probably had a couple of lists; one for if they stayed up and one for if they went down). Our manager will be behind because he will have had to assess the squad first before seeing what he felt he needs.

It's not just a single player though, I think that's five Killie have brought in now. Anyway, was just a wee joke, I'm sure no one actually thinks Peter Grant is on holiday, pressure is on to get his first signing right.