Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'd say that tbh, we're a mid table club in the second tier of Scottish Football, Morecambe will have better resources, more money and simply are in a far more attractive position than us when it comes to buying players, it as such shouldn't come to as big a shock that they have better players. 

Don you reckon Edwards, who won our Poty award and will be our starting left back is good enough to step upto league 1?not a fucking chance. 

Edwards wasn’t POTY. He got the young player award and that was basically because he was the only contender.

The standard in L1 and L2 in England is shocking. One of my best mates supports Sunderland and he can’t believe how poor some of the teams are.

Tom Dallison was terrible in that awful Falkirk side yet he went down to Crawley and is their best defender. I think plenty of players at this level could easily go down and perform well.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Edwards wasn’t POTY. He got the young player award and that was basically because he was the only contender.

The standard in L1 and L2 in England is shocking. One of my best mates supports Sunderland and he can’t believe how poor some of the teams are.

Tom Dallison was terrible in that awful Falkirk side yet he went down to Crawley and is their best defender. I think plenty of players at this level could easily go down and perform well.

It's very physical at that level. I mind seeing AFC Wimbledon v Northampton and both teams had back fours who all could be described as 6'2" brick shithouses. There might be a nippy winger, or speedy forward, or sleight midfielder dotted around here and there but I can imagine someone like Michael Doyle or Cameron Salkeld not looking out of place in the English lower leagues just because they're fit and strong.

On 04/06/2021 at 14:39, 101 said:

Hello Pars P&Bers

Matt has been in touch to let me know I can collect the training shirt we sponsored, I think it was O'Hara but having never seen a programme I could be wrong. As per the last few seasons I will do a random name generator. If you didn't PM me before contributing could you drop me a message so I can marry your name up to the names on PayPal.

Also is anyone interested in chipping in for season 2021/22 it's £100 for the training top and it would be our 3rd year of sponsorship.

Cheers.

101:thumsup2

I have one person who contributed but hasn't got in touch. I will email you so if you think it's you keep an eye on your emails. 

I will then do the draw for the shirt using a random name generator.

ETA it could be @smpar ?

Edited by 101

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's very physical at that level. I mind seeing AFC Wimbledon v Northampton and both teams had back fours who all could be described as 6'2" brick shithouses. There might be a nippy winger, or speedy forward, or sleight midfielder dotted around here and there but I can imagine someone like Michael Doyle or Cameron Salkeld not looking out of place in the English lower leagues just because they're fit and strong.

That checks out because I remember Dallison being a well-built handsome b*****d who couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

Much like when Pars signed the Broadwood Beefcake Tom Lang, I think he was just brought in to model the kit.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That checks out because I remember Dallison being a well-built handsome b*****d who couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

Much like when Pars signed the Broadwood Beefcake Tom Lang, I think he was just brought in to model the kit.

...and what a quality job he did. 😛

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Stephen McGinn joins Killie. Wasting no time at Rugby Park. Peter Grant away on holiday?

Another team signs a player = our manager is genuinely doing f**k all.

How do you know what negotiations are ongoing? How do you know the club didn't bid for McGinn either?

Also helps that Wright has been in post long enough to have identified targets well in advance of the season ending (he probably had a couple of lists; one for if they stayed up and one for if they went down). Our manager will be behind because he will have had to assess the squad first before seeing what he felt he needs.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Another team signs a player = our manager is genuinely doing f**k all.

How do you know what negotiations are ongoing? How do you know the club didn't bid for McGinn either?

Also helps that Wright has been in post long enough to have identified targets well in advance of the season ending (he probably had a couple of lists; one for if they stayed up and one for if they went down). Our manager will be behind because he will have had to assess the squad first before seeing what he felt he needs.

We have one keeper and one central midfielder.

It doesn’t exactly take a footballing maestro to figure it out.

39 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We have one keeper and one central midfielder.

It doesn’t exactly take a footballing maestro to figure it out.

And how do you know the manager hasn't spoken to anyone?

Season ticket prices increasing by a minimum of £55 is shite considering there's no guarantee of getting into games yet.

Along with a very uninspiring managerial appointment, an ok home top, a shite away top and zero signings so far, the club aren't exactly doing a lot to get the fans excited to buy a season ticket imo.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Thank god. I was terrified we would sign him

Even more terrified that Jack Hamilton is now on the market.

After the last two shite keepers we've brought in, I really would be gutted if he continued the pish keeper theme we have going.

31 minutes ago, Goldenface said:

Season ticket prices increasing by a minimum of £55 is shite considering there's no guarantee of getting into games yet.

Along with a very uninspiring managerial appointment, an ok home top, a shite away top and zero signings so far, the club aren't exactly doing a lot to get the fans excited to buy a season ticket imo.

An increases is expected given we’re going back to a 36 game season.

I had hoped for a-bit more recognition to how bad last seasons was for value,  seems a bit ‘aye we know, thanks for the support, fancy handing a bit more over?’