Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Seems to be quiet on the transfer front

Pretty quiet on all fronts. Grant's been appointed for over a week and we still don't know who his assistant, coaches will be. I'd imagine Sheilds will be involved and Whittaker hasn't been announced as leaving, or as having sighed a new deal so I'd imagine he'll be involved of he wants to. I do think Grant will bring in his own assistant.

Seems to be quiet on the transfer front

Ross McArthur mentioned in his interview that we were hoping to announce changes in the club structure this week. Hopefully that hasn’t delayed recruitment.

That being said, as mentioned above, our manager’s not even been here a week. Contract discussions/recruitment can take time.

I’m more bothered by the fact that the season’s only 5 weeks away and we haven’t announced anything about season tickets. We’re told every year about how vital it is for the club to get that cash in May/June, but this year it’s apparently not so important. I think we must be about the only club in Scotland not selling them yet.

18 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Ross McArthur mentioned in his interview that we were hoping to announce changes in the club structure this week. Hopefully that hasn’t delayed recruitment.

That being said, as mentioned above, our manager’s not even been here a week. Contract discussions/recruitment can take time.

I’m more bothered by the fact that the season’s only 5 weeks away and we haven’t announced anything about season tickets. We’re told every year about how vital it is for the club to get that cash in May/June, but this year it’s apparently not so important. I think we must be about the only club in Scotland not selling them yet.

Maybe they're waiting a bit in the hope that the folk who said they wouldn't be buying one after Grant was appointed will reconsider once the initial anger of an abysmal managerial appointment wears off?

We've not announced ours yet either. Chill oot.

News just in. Greg Sheilds and Steven Whittaker first team coaches under Grant. Whittaker has retired from playing.

Physio Jamie Sutton and Sports Scientist Gary McColl also leaving. New Head Physiotherapist is Rob Dicke who was most recently with Rangers and new Sports Scientist/Strength and Conditioning coach Paul Green who was at Hibs.

On 25/05/2021 at 20:33, VinnyPar said:

Owain Fon Williams - 31/05/2022

-------------------------------------------

Paul Watson - 31/05/2022

Lewis Martin - 31/05/2021

Vytas Gaspuitis - 31/05/2023

Josh Edwards - 31/05/2023

Aaron Comrie - 31/05/2023

Kyle Macdonald - 31/05/2023

Ian Wilson - 31/05/2022

Paul Allan - 31/05/2022

Matty Todd - 31/05/2022

Dom Thomas - 31/05/2022

Ryan Dow - 31/05/2022

Kevin O'Hara - 31/05/2023

Craig Wighton - 31/05/2023

Declan McManus - 31/05/2022

Lewis McCann - 31/05/2022

Updated squad. Only question mark left is what’s happening with Lewis Martin?

Keeper and central midfield is very scary at the moment, especially since our first competitive game is five weeks on Saturday.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

I'd imagine Grant will have been looking for players as soon as he finished speaking to McArthur. It's a difficult one at this time in the year. Players will be holding off to get the best deal. No-one in the league, so far anyway, has signed anyone that has made me go "I really wish we'd have made that signing" Think Killie have made some solid additions so far, but ones that you'd be expecting us to be at least matching, ability-wise. 

Talks will almost certainly be ongoing. Players will, or their agents, will just be 'shopping around' to see who will offer them the best contract (not just basic pay but length too and bonuses).

This is the most difficult time to get your targets. Crawford often had lads signed up on pre contracts (that he didn't this year should have been sign that he was leaving) as he knew early on who he wanted. That was probably his biggest strength as a manager.

Add to that Grant is just in and only just able to assess the squad and their contracts and it causes further delay.

The worry is that they miss out on their targets and are stuck with panic signings. You would hope that Shields has had a few lads in mind and has discussed them with Grant.

Not a peep from starks Park either [emoji2369]