Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

McManus can easily play at this level. When he's not been asked to play a target man role.

Mcmanus is a stand-out in League 1 but flatters to deceive in the Championship. 

I've nothing against the man despite the mutual dislike between him and the Rovers support but League 1 is his level. 

10 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Turner is a cracking signing for Thistle, nae gettin round it. 

Depends if he spits the dummy and takes the huff. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson and works hard as undoubtedly he's a good player. 

And now even if it wasn't clear as day before Hearts were never in for him.

McManus can look great - eg that game against Hearts when we beat them early in the season. So aggressive and kept winning is the hall high up the pitch. Not being a big goalscorer is fine if others are chipping in. Losing Dow was a huge blow as he was just that sort of player. Someone who can deliver when the pressure is on. His mentality and temperament always stand out.

McManus can easily play at this level but his career shows that the goals only really come in the 3rd tier. Decent enough player but would be honest enough to say I'm more excited about what Wighton and O'Hara might do next season than McManus.

Wighton came in for a couple of months and had his most prolific time of his career, during a time we were still playing guff at times. 

If Grant gets us playing decent, he'll be away next summer for >$10,000,000 easily!

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Euan Murray confirmed at Killie. Need to make sure we defend properly at set pieces when we play them!

Certainly up to the point he’s looking for a new contract elsewhere anyway. 

Cammy Gill confirmed for Cowdenbeath, here’s hoping he does a job, good to have a stable no.1 for next season seeing as we went through 7/8 keepers last season

All the best to him. Hope he does well for you and can kick on with his career.

I liked Murray but I'm really not bothered that he's away. We've known he was going to leave since about October. He had a good aerial threat early doors where he scored 7 in 7 or something but he didn't have a sniff after that. He's a good defender but I think Watson is better and big Gasputis can be better. More than happy going into the season with those two at the back with Comrie and Edwards.

Got the pish ripped out him in both those debacles at Starks Park. Apart from that he was a decent defender but feel like Watson and Gaspuitis will be absolutely fine and no worse than having Murray in there.

Dow the captain? Or a new man to come in and take that role?

Murray was a solid enough defender and had a decent goal threat. Worth remembering he also scored in our last game pre-lockdown. So his early season form was a continuation of that! His playing abilities can be replaced though.

As a squad, I feel like the current group lack leadership. I’d imagine Peter Grant will be attempting to rectify that with his signings.

Think Turner and Murray signing for teams who will also be hoping for promotion tells you that they would have been assets for us. However, it’s up to Grant to recruit players. I was pleased with his comments about not bringing in players who are no better than what we have. I liked that. Hopefully we see some signings soon - first league cup game is 10th July, so pre-season is likely only 2-3 weeks away.

Won that league twice already, would fancy him to make it a hattrick. His problem will be once promoted and into the 2nd year of his contract, can be found wanting defensively at this level.

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Won that league twice already, would fancy him to make it a hattrick. His problem will be once promoted and into the 2nd year of his contract, can be found wanting defensively at this level.

He has defensive frailty tendancies and his final ball was wanting, although that was improving by the time he left us. Overall a decent player for that league. I hope he thrives.