Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I fear our league cup group,  It’s perfectly set for a couple of below par performances that has us fail to get out the groups for the first time.  

A few new players and grant trying to implement his ‘philosophy’.  With a fan base already in a negative place puts us in a very bad place before we’ve even played a league game.  I’m getting massive Alan stubs vibes here.  I really hope his contract is set up to make him cheap to dump. 

That said he brings Cardle home,  let’s him cut inside and produce his trademark top corner finish to win the group and we’re best pals.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Second time. We failed to get out of the group in the first year it was used. Got pumped by ICT.

5-1 we got scudded at home. Dundee United pumped us as well at Tannadice.

Sky sports have released more of the interview with Grant. He mentions his chats with Thomas Meggle and it seems Meggle was particularly keen to speak to him. He also talks about wanting to win promotion with this club and how he thinks with the quality of player we have, with a couple more to be added, he thinks we have the right tools to do well. Bit more optimistic after listening.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Second time. We failed to get out of the group in the first year it was used. Got pumped by ICT.

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

5-1 we got scudded at home. Dundee United pumped us as well at Tannadice.

Bollocks, I had erased that,  now all I can see is talbot getting destroyed by mulraney,  jake fucking mulraney.

Edited by parsforlife

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He'll be sat in the stand suspended most of the season.

I think he was pushing 15 bookings this season. That is top level shithousery considering he only played in about 20 games.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

received_2582673545373249.thumb.jpeg.7fb226e2d79340511bf093d5c0f9e900.jpegreceived_485441316040189.thumb.jpeg.3dafa29a65ed9e01de77d741ea94d7d6.jpeg

Actually looks much better when you see the full kit that away one.

Really like the home strip. Looks like the strip we wore in the late 80s under Leish. 

Dunfermline Athletic: Peter Grant rejected other opportunities to become new boss at East End Park - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57276850

"They saw my CV on the football pitch," Grant says. "I don't believe in putting a CV in because, if I did, I would blow everybody else away anyway. I don't mean that disrespectfully."

In the words of literary scholar Kendrick Lamar: Be Humble.

3 hours ago, Goldenface said:

Long time reader, 1st time poster.  

Not much to add that hasn't been said already. What a truly uninspiring and unambitious appointment. 
The board really are utter shitebags eh.

You're not Gav Masterton are you?

15 minutes ago, Goldenface said:

"They saw my CV on the football pitch," Grant says. "I don't believe in putting a CV in because, if I did, I would blow everybody else away anyway. I don't mean that disrespectfully."

Offt. 

Think it going to take me a while to used to a Pars manager that talks like that. Cocky bugger is going to stir a hornets nest at some point I think.

22 minutes ago, Goldenface said:

Dunfermline Athletic: Peter Grant rejected other opportunities to become new boss at East End Park - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57276850

In the words of literary scholar Kendrick Lamar: Be Humble.

That sparkling CV that shows absolutely no success as a first team manager whatsoever. What a daft thing to say.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

received_2582673545373249.thumb.jpeg.7fb226e2d79340511bf093d5c0f9e900.jpegreceived_485441316040189.thumb.jpeg.3dafa29a65ed9e01de77d741ea94d7d6.jpeg

Not at all bad, although that home mannie looks like those shorts are about to slide off. A little surprised they didn’t put a bit of red on the home socks. Must say that I do like wider stripes better though. The away kit Is very nice…simple and clean.