Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease
1 minute ago, Peter Grant said:

The good thing is, when we lose (and with a career win-rate of around 30% we will get used to it), it will never be our fault again. 

imgID65017539.jpg.gallery.jpg

18 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

imgID65017539.jpg.gallery.jpg

My Celticy friends had an affectionate nickname for him when he was playing for them in the 1990s. I’m not sure if it’s something that you can say these days but it was good alliteration.

9 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Peter Grant won't have Alloa players next year  and Dunfermline won't have Stevie Crawford as manager next year. Your fun fact will mean f**k all next year.

I also made that point if you care to look. 

Fair brought out the Dunfermline belters with my fun fact! 

Guest Axle Grease
15 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I also made that point if you care to look. 

Fair brought out the Dunfermline belters with my fun fact! 

Stick to unblocking sinks and painting gates handybassa

Absolutely amazed the Dunfermline board think Peter Grant could be the man to get them promoted,  he was a disaster as Alloa manager, turned a pretty useful group of players who had a good balance of style / mentality into pretty much useless no hopers. I thought his next job would've been as an assistant or a coach or perhaps down in league 1/ 2.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

You’re getting excited about 2 responses? This isn’t a wee team thread, that’s not a lot here.

Callum. That was rubbish. 

Football is strange. Certain managers just fit certain clubs so I'm not going to slag this appointment until we're at least 20 points ahead of the Pars. 

Round about Christmas if you want a timescale on it. 

Callum. That was rubbish. 
Football is strange. Certain managers just fit certain clubs so I'm not going to slag this appointment until we're at least 20 points ahead of the Pars. 
Round about Christmas if you want a timescale on it. 

Honestly, slag us off all you want. After the season you’ve just had, you’ve definitely earned the bragging rights. Then when you add in this appointment, you have every right to be laughing at us and confident of finishing even further ahead next season.

Derbies could have a different feel next year, if both teams are trying to play ‘attractive’ football. Not sure I’ve ever seen a Fife derby played like that. Expect you’ll lose a few of your better players (Hendry being the most obvious one), but McGlynn’s recruitment seems to have been very good lately.

As you say, football’s strange and Grant might work out. I’m not particularly excited by the appointment (as I’ve made clear), but I wasn’t convinced about Jimmy Calderwood of Jim McIntyre being the right men when they were appointed and liked the appointments of Stephen Kenny and Jim Jefferies - not sure I’m a good judge of a manager...

7 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Whilst not enthused about this appointment I think that Grant would leather McGlynn in a square go, if that counts for anything.

They were getting up in each other's faces in the last Alloa vs. Rovers game. Could be decent entertainment.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
Put that in spoilers ffs.  Or at least post it after the watershed.

Is it too sexy like?

It's more the person modelling it 🤢

I think the dads army being constructed along the road is even better
Aye, McGlynn's recruitment has been suspect for years. Remember when he pulled a team together which won League 1 then immediately romped to 3rd in the championship, pumping your mob on the telly twice?

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
9 hours ago, Chubbychops said:
I think the dads army being constructed along the road is even better

Aye, McGlynn's recruitment has been suspect for years. Remember when he pulled a team together which won League 1 then immediately romped to 3rd in the championship, pumping your mob on the telly twice?

Maybe wasn’t even referring to us, maybe Cowdenbeath, or Kelty, or further in Falkirk. The rovers don’t matter. Really. 

Twice?