Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I think Grant can bring something to the table. Totally understand why folk are disappointed but we just need to move on.

• He won't play shitebag football. That was horrific for large parts of last season.
  • He knows this league well and will be better prepared than an outsider to this level.
  • He will know our weaknesses and can hit the ground running by getting the midfield sorted and replacing the keeper.
  • He will have some good contacts in the game when it comes to recruitment. Maybe cast the net a bit further.
  • He will not put up with shite. I know it's a bit old school but everything was a bit nice under Crawford. About time we had a bit of edge in the dugout.  

Fucks know if this is as big a mistake as some folk think, but you have to let future results decide if that's the case.

Also knows how to get the best out of O'Hara which is pleasing.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

50TxzKZx_normal.jpg

Re: Peter Grant to Dunfermline. I can understand negativity but: I'd expect him to be part of a revamped structure which allows a 'head coach' to coach. Which he can clearly do; his teams play nice stuff. With the right staff and better players? #DAFC

Sounds like Grant may well be part of a new structure according to Alan Temple of the Courier. More of a coaching role. Maybe Meggle going to have a part to play from here?

The new manager whoever they are will need a new assistant and Meggle will be sporting director but his capacity to do that role has been hampered by Covid.

The board must have been impressed by him so need to just trust their judgement. I think he's a wee scrote and would have been delighted if he'd got the Falkirk job but that's just me being a curmudgeon. Win me over Peter!

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

I think Grant can bring something to the table. Totally understand why folk are disappointed but we just need to move on.

• He won't play shitebag football. That was horrific for large parts of last season.
  • He knows this league well and will be better prepared than an outsider to this level.
  • He will know our weaknesses and can hit the ground running by getting the midfield sorted and replacing the keeper.
  • He will have some good contacts in the game when it comes to recruitment. Maybe cast the net a bit further.
  • He will not put up with shite. I know it's a bit old school but everything was a bit nice under Crawford. About time we had a bit of edge in the dugout.  

Fucks know if this is as big a mistake as some folk think, but you have to let future results decide if that's the case.

1: Style of football means nothing. Fans won’t care if we’re playing long ball as long as we win, just like they won’t accept pretty patterns and counter press if we lose.

2: He does know this league but it’s not exactly a challenge. 7/8 teams will be an absolute gang filled with Prem rejects and cheap journeymen. Any competent head coach would adapt quickly.

3: I’ll be supportive of anyone who replaces OFW and his pastry hands. Some pace and creativity in the middle of the park has also been sorely lacking.

4: I think people are greatly overestimating how Peter Grant is regarded in the game. Even Celtic fans laugh when he’s described as a “Hoops Hero” in the papers. Maybe he will allow us to bring in some quality players that would be unreachable without his thick contact book, but I doubt it.

5: Not sure what shite Crawford should have been dealing with? Only sniff of any issues saw Turner out on his arse pronto. From his touchline demeanour it suggests his approach is moaning like f**k when things inevitably don’t go his way.

20 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

The board must have been impressed by him so need to just trust their judgement.

I have absolutely no faith in the Board’s decision making unfortunately.

They allowed AJ to stay on far too long, then replaced him with Crawford and let him spend two years taking us to the exact same place we were when AJ should have left initially.

11 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Fun fact:

Peter Grant's Alloa conceded 10 goals against the Rovers last season. The exact same amount of goals that we pumped past Dunfermline! 🤯

Yeah but how stylish was the football they played? That’s all that really matters.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yeah but how stylish was the football they played? That’s all that really matters.

See to be fair, in the games I saw against Alloa they played some pretty decent stuff. Plan B seemed to be lacking when we were on top but better players might paper over those cracks. 

26 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Fun fact:

Peter Grant's Alloa conceded 10 goals against the Rovers last season. The exact same amount of goals that we pumped past Dunfermline! 🤯

Sssshhhhhhhhh mutant, you've had your day in the sun

Fun fact: you're the wee team

Edited by Rammit Bawdeep

40 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Fun fact:

Peter Grant won't have Alloa players next year  and Dunfermline won't have Stevie Crawford as manager next year. Your fun fact will mean f**k all next year.

Guest Axle Grease

Majestic jawline, demonstrates a man of real mettle. A born winner. Watch us develop into a free flowing footballing team. 

imgID65017539.jpg.gallery.jpg

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Fun fact:

f**k off ya space hopper molester. 

Guest Axle Grease
6 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Some heads gone gold here tonight, some it almost poetry. Beautiful.

imgID65017539.jpg.gallery.jpg