Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

Nothing would be gained by canvassing football forums looking for potential candidates. I could list the non-starters posted on here but what's the point?

FWIW whilst I agree this appointment won't set the heather on fire, I think I'll give the guy a chance. 

Who said that fans should be canvassed for appointments? Absolutely no one has said that, or even suggested it.

Why are fans who don't like this appointment 'cocksockets'? 

I miss Stewart Petrie and he wasn't even here :(

Will absolutely get a season ticket and will keep my disdain quiet until we see how it pans out but its not an exciting appointment and that's all we wanted really. 

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There is the big issue of them not taking up their option and heading off. 

Both practicalities of travelling and economic downturn related, they might just chuck it. 

Are you speculating or is this in the know stuff?

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Who said that fans should be canvassed for appointments? Absolutely no one has said that, or even suggested it.

Why are fans who don't like this appointment 'cocksockets'? 

You are adamant they are disregarding the "fans" opinions about who not to appoint. So it follows they should be listening to who the "fans" think should be appointed? Christ, join the dots.......

The second sentence is not even worth replying to. 

1 minute ago, ShaggysBeard said:

What were people expecting? The Germans to get in a manager with great pedigree from abroad?

I don't see why Peter Grant has any more or less chance of success than the other candidates of Petrie, McCann, Hughes etc. He's a well respected coach and hopefully working with a group of players every day will suit him better than a couple of nights a week when he had them at Alloa.

I know you are desperately trying to spin this as not a total shanner of an appointment, but Petrie and Hughes would be far better options. 

I don't see why Peter Grant has any more or less chance of success than the other candidates of Petrie, McCann, Hughes etc. He's a well respected coach and hopefully working with a group of players every day will suit him better than a couple of nights a week when he had them at Alloa.

He hasn’t been good enough as a manager though. Crawford was a well respected coach, who had been poor as a manager before. Potter is a well respected coach. Ian Cathro is a well respected coach. Do I need to go on? A good coach does not mean a good manager.

We have chosen to employ a manager, who has shown an unwillingness to adapt/change, based on how games/seasons are going. Someone who was happy to pass it around defence/midfield, when his team were losing and needed points. Someone who lost 15/27 games and didn’t see the need to change things, to try and get results. Do you honestly not see an issue with that attitude/mentality?

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

You are adamant they are disregarding the "fans" opinions about who not to appoint. So it follows they should be listening to who the "fans" think should be appointed? Christ, join the dots.......

The second sentence is not even worth replying to. 

Your little dickhead condescending act might go down well on .net with the rest of the cretins on there, but it doesn't work outwith that environment.

Fans in quotation marks. Fucking hell. Listening to the feelings of fans doesn't have to mean agreeing with them. It just means acknowledging those feelings. Why do you think said feelings should be utterly disregarded by the board? 

Why is the second sentence not worth replying to? Because you're a shitebag and have no actual response? There are plenty of folk who have said they aren't enthused by the appointment but will still go along and give him a chance. Why are those people 'cocksockets'?

4 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Masterclass in PR implosion today, That fucking away top then this pish. They can ram their season ticket

If that is the actual away top I like it!

Not all bad then!

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Your little dickhead condescending act might go down well on .net with the rest of the cretins on there, but it doesn't work outwith that environment.

Fans in quotation marks. Fucking hell. Listening to the feelings of fans doesn't have to mean agreeing with them. It just means acknowledging those feelings. Why do you think said feelings should be utterly disregarded by the board? 

Why is the second sentence not worth replying to? Because you're a shitebag and have no actual response? There are plenty of folk who have said they aren't enthused by the appointment but will still go along and give him a chance. Why are those people 'cocksockets'?

See the source image