Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Do you think the club/board will be surprised at the overwhelmingly negative (and, in quite a few cases, angry) response they'll receive when they announce this abysmal appointment? They'll wish they had disabled the comments on Facebook and Twitter pretty quickly I imagine.

24 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

No real record of success as a manager. We'll never know why the board have decided that this is the best option but only future results will determine if this is a good or bad move.

I'm sure the board will detail in their announcement why he has the job if indeed he does get it.

And if they don't feel free to ask them again, if he gets the job.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Do you think the club/board will be surprised at the overwhelmingly negative (and, in quite a few cases, angry) response they'll receive when they announce this abysmal appointment? They'll wish they had disabled the comments on Facebook and Twitter pretty quickly I imagine.

Your lucky it isint Gary Locke. But Grant is a bit of a weird appointment it has to be said. If he recruits to the same level as Crawford and gets you playing some football it might turn out alright? 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Rob1885 said:

He's maybe interviewed well. I actually couldn't give a f**k, I am 300 quid up so happy days.

And 30-odd free Saturdays to look forward to. Happy for you.

Where's Paul Paton playing these days?

Board said last year that they want promotion. I thought that was a decent sign of ambition. Within a year of that, we have settled for a manager who refuses to change his style/tactics regardless of results.

15 defeats and 60 goals conceded in 27 games and he was happy to keep passing the ball around the defence/midfield when they were getting beat. A manager who doesn’t seem to care about results is not what we need. Simple as that.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm sure the board don't really give 2 fucks what a few absolute cocksockets on .net & here think.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

I'm sure the board don't really give 2 fucks what a few absolute cocksockets on .net & here think.

A few? Think you're misreading the room.

Also why are people 'cocksockets' for not liking this appointment?

Also why should the board be utterly disregarding the opinions of many fans?

I probably won't get a season ticket and there will be a fair few others. Some will, some won't. Appointing Stewart Petrie would have been a PR masterpiece.

Can't see us breaking any more than 2.5k tickets in all honesty, but that should be enough with the lifeline to at least keep ourselves breaking even. 

What a fucking shit-show EEP has become the past couple years btw. 

Not an inspiring but not a disastrous looking appointment. However,  considering Dunfermline just got rid of a steady enough but boring manager, I can see why some are underwhelmed.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I probably won't get a season ticket and there will be a fair few others. Some will, some won't. Appointing Stewart Petrie would have been a PR masterpiece.

Can't see us breaking any more than 2.5k tickets in all honesty, but that should be enough with the lifeline to at least keep ourselves breaking even. 

What a fucking shit-show EEP has become the past couple years btw. 

I was 100% going to buy a ST for the first time in years but I will definitely not be bothering now.

All we need now is them to announce an increase in ticket prices and they’ll have run everyone off.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Not an inspiring but not a disastrous looking appointment. However,  considering Dunfermline just got rid of a steady enough but boring manager, I can see why some are underwhelmed.

I wanted Crawford to go but I’d rather have kept Crawford than appoint Grant.

If you guys have for someone who can take the ball off the back 4 and develop play (similar to Iain Flannigan) then Grant might do pretty well for you.

If you don't then you're fucked, because he won't let little things like not having the players to play his system get in the way of his philosophy. Although, on the plus side he got a pretty good tune out of O'Hara for us.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A few? Think you're misreading the room.

Also why are people 'cocksockets' for not liking this appointment?

Also why should the board be utterly disregarding the opinions of many fans?

Nothing would be gained by canvassing football forums looking for potential candidates. I could list the non-starters posted on here but what's the point?

FWIW whilst I agree this appointment won't set the heather on fire, I think I'll give the guy a chance.