Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease
24 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Doubt this is true but if so that makes absolutely no sense. It’s not like he’s some Scottish football icon or Pars legend that we want to keep sweet.

If we are indeed talking to him, it’ll be because he’s a contender. Although the club might see the reaction and claim otherwise right enough.

I can guarantee we didn’t offer Barry Ferguson the job.

Never said it was true. I said 'if' it were true. 

You can't guarantee nothing. That is the only relevant fact. 

Rory Mcallistar turned down full time offers. 

Don't be surprised if Petrie turns down full time offers. 

I think that's a relevant point to consider. 

11 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Never said it was true. I said 'if' it were true. 

You can't guarantee nothing. That is the only relevant fact. 

Rory Mcallistar turned down full time offers. 

Don't be surprised if Petrie turns down full time offers. 

I think that's a relevant point to consider. 

Both those men you mention have well paid jobs outside of football. If they wanted to progress further in football they wouldn’t stay part-time.

I really don’t believe Barry Ferguson is content being a part-time boss for the rest of his career and I’d be shocked if we even considered him as a candidate, never mind offered him the job outright.

I heard Klopp applied but we said no. You can’t guarantee I’m wrong~!

33 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Of course there are many, you want a fucking list to satisfy your pedantic response?

What I'm meaning is are there managers who resign a job at a club in a higher division so that they can drop down a division and get paid less? That list is surely very small, and I don't get why you aren't seeing that. I don't understand why a manager would do that. It raises loads of questions about their ability and ambition for one. It would be a very bad look for them.

There are plenty of managers who have been fired and drop down, but often that's because they have to drop down a level to get a job.

I'm not trying to be pedantic or a smart arse here, unless there really are plenty of managers who have voluntarily left a job to take a job a league down for less pay.

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What I'm meaning is are there managers who resign a job at a club in a higher division so that they can drop down a division and get paid less? That list is surely very small, and I don't get why you aren't seeing that. I don't understand why a manager would do that. It raises loads of questions about their ability and ambition for one. It would be a very bad look for them.

There are plenty of managers who have been fired and drop down, but often that's because they have to drop down a level to get a job.

I'm not trying to be pedantic or a smart arse here, unless there really are plenty of managers who have voluntarily left a job to take a job a league down for less pay.

Ah in that case, not many, we're at different purposes there. Perhaps Neilson. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Does anyone have a list of our squad under contract for next season?

Also, would anyone else happily bring Gary Dicker in now that he’s left Killie?

Owain Fon Williams - 31/05/2022

Cammy Gill - 31/05/2021

Ben Swinton - 31/05/2021

-------------------------------------------

Paul Watson - 31/05/2022

Lewis Martin - 31/05/2021

Euan Murray - 31/05/2021

Vytas Gaspuitis - 31/05/2023

Josh Edwards - 31/05/2021 (option for 1 year)

Aaron Comrie - 31/05/2023

Steven Whittaker - 31/05/2021

Kyle Macdonald - 31/05/2023

Ian Wilson - 31/05/2022

Paul Allan - 31/05/2022

Kyle Turner - 31/05/2021

Lucas Berry - 31/05/2021

Matty Todd - 31/05/2022

Dom Thomas - 31/05/2022

Ryan Dow - 31/05/2022

Kevin O'Hara - 31/05/2023

Craig Wighton - 31/05/2023

Declan McManus - 31/05/2022

Lewis McCann - 31/05/2022

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Both those men you mention have well paid jobs outside of football. If they wanted to progress further in football they wouldn’t stay part-time.

I really don’t believe Barry Ferguson is content being a part-time boss for the rest of his career and I’d be shocked if we even considered him as a candidate, never mind offered him the job outright.

I heard Klopp applied but we said no. You can’t guarantee I’m wrong~!

Klopps not got the credentials 😂

At least we have dodged the Barry Ferguson bullet. That was the one I was most concerned about.

The Peter Grant interview seems to have touched a nerve with many Pars fans over social media. I know it's not very exciting and it's not my choice either but it could be worse. I don't think he will get the job anyway.

52 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

At least we have dodged the Barry Ferguson bullet. That was the one I was most concerned about.

The Peter Grant interview seems to have touched a nerve with many Pars fans over social media. I know it's not very exciting and it's not my choice either but it could be worse. I don't think he will get the job anyway.

The Barry Ferguson one was clearly nonsense. Most clubs know he's an absolutely shite manager and he was mainly hired due to being a big name, and even then only Clyde and Kelty Hearts gave him a punt.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

That’s the thing; Crawford and AJ were both “could be worse” managers. I think most supporters are looking for someone that can lead us into a title challenge.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Owain Fon Williams - 31/05/2022

Cammy Gill - 31/05/2021

Ben Swinton - 31/05/2021

Paul Watson - 31/05/2022

Lewis Martin - 31/05/2021

Euan Murray - 31/05/2021

Vytas Gaspuitis - 31/05/2023

Josh Edwards - 31/05/2021 (option for 1 year)

Aaron Comrie - 31/05/2023

Steven Whittaker - 31/05/2021

Kyle Macdonald - 31/05/2023

Ian Wilson - 31/05/2022

Paul Allan - 31/05/2022

Kyle Turner - 31/05/2021

Lucas Berry - 31/05/2021

Matty Todd - 31/05/2022

Dom Thomas - 31/05/2022

Ryan Dow - 31/05/2022

Kevin O'Hara - 31/05/2023

Craig Wighton - 31/05/2023

Declan McManus - 31/05/2022

Lewis McCann - 31/05/2022

We need 1 or even 2 new keepers IMO. OFW and Gill have not shown they are good enough to be first choice for a side looking to challenge for promotion.

I quite like the look of our back four and forwards. I think Iain Wilson has promise as holding midfielder and Dow and Thomas have both been influential at times.

Turner will probably leave (although will Crawford leaving change things?) so we could really use with a more attacking midfielder being brought in. After that, it’s mostly ensuring we have enough depth to cover for injuries, suspensions...or COVID.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Hope Howe wants Grant at Celtic because if he doesn’t he’ll be at East End and that is terrifying.

Think it's meh there are at least 10 managers that are fairly realistic that would be more terrifying than Grant.

In fact if he can bounce back after the past season I think he will be decent enough but I hope he's on a 1 year deal or a 2 with a promotion clause.

I know it’s highly unrealistic but I’d still like us to contact Stephen Robinson and try and pitch him the job. 

Big up the impact of the German investors, funds potentially available if Nisbet is sold on, realistic chance of promotion and a fan base that’s just waiting to be sparked into life.

The worst he can say is no.

Surprised Robinson hasn’t been mentioned for the Dundee United job tbh.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact we will make a totally uninspiring appointment; Grant being the most likely.

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I know it’s highly unrealistic but I’d still like us to contact Stephen Robinson and try and pitch him the job. 

Big up the impact of the German investors, funds potentially available if Nisbet is sold on, realistic chance of promotion and a fan base that’s just waiting to be sparked into life.

The worst he can say is no.

He would quite clearly say no.

He felt he'd achieved all he could by taking Motherwell to 3rd.

Can Dunfermline achieve more than that?