Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Let’s be honest, the club will have ‘spoken to’ a number of managers. This is simply the first one that has been leaked to the press. It’s most likely someone on Peter Grant’s side that has leaked this, as I can’t imagine anyone at Dunfermline would be desperate to announce we’ve spoken to/agreed to speak to him.

I would imagine it’s a case of he has put his name forward and we’ve set up a meeting/interview. We don’t know how many other managers/coaches the club have spoken to - I’d imagine quite a few, but at least they seem to be going through a proper recruitment process this time.

The last time the post was open for a prolonged period (2015) we had at least 3 different favourites (Stevie Aitken, Gus Macpherson, Gary Bollan) before the final appointment of Allan Johnston. Just something to ponder.

I don’t think I was alone in thinking that Allan Johnston would be a bit unrealistic and thought it was a fantastic coup at the time to get him. We need to do something similar but instead of League 1 it’s the Championship we’re needing out of this time.

If Petrie is willing to take the job and go full-time, the club have to make it happen.

Csaba Laszlo has done an interview with the Courier saying he wants to return to Scottish football but not to Tannadice. Also said Scotland is his home now and he is settled in Edinburgh.

Has worked in Germany before. Did he have the Dundee Utd team that reached the playoffs but were papped out by Livi? Not sure he'd be my choice but his article is interesting.

Guest Axle Grease
5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

No harm in listening to his pitch. 

Correct. 

It's at the least proffessional courtesy to speak to a person if the likes of Peter Grant has submitted an application for the vacant position. 

Ross McArthur very much a principled guy, so no surprise. 

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Csaba Laszlo has done an interview with the Courier saying he wants to return to Scottish football but not to Tannadice. Also said Scotland is his home now and he is settled in Edinburgh.

Has worked in Germany before. Did he have the Dundee Utd team that reached the playoffs but were papped out by Livi? Not sure he'd be my choice but his article is interesting.

Good god no. Give me Grant above that joker.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What's Micky Mellon's background, having left Dundee Utd? Is he a realistic target?

I can't remember the last time there were so many managerial openings at one time. 

He's going back to Tranmere Rovers apparently

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What's Micky Mellon's background, having left Dundee Utd? Is he a realistic target?

I can't remember the last time there were so many managerial openings at one time. 

Why would he leave a club to go down a division and get paid less?

Anyway, he seems quite a bland manager. Had Dundee United safe and mediocre. Safe but uninspiring seemingly.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would he leave a club to go down a division and get paid less?

Many managers have dropped down a division, it's hardly a new concept. What I'm trying to say is that he's resigned, should we make an approach? 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Many managers have dropped down a division, it's hardly a new concept. What I'm trying to say is that he's resigned, should we make an approach? 

Have they? Why would he want to work for us over Dundee United? Why would he voluntarily drop down a division and take what would presumably be a significant decrease in wages?

Also no, we shouldn't make an approach in my view.

22 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Top rumour at work today. 

Barry Ferguson turned down the Pars job. 

If true, then thank f**k 😂

Aye, he turned down a full time gig in the Championship so he could manage part-time Alloa.

”If true” indeed. FFS.

Guest Axle Grease
5 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Wish Peter Grant would turn us down.

He'll not get the job. They're only extending him the courtesy of an interview due to an application. 

Guest Axle Grease
Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Aye, he turned down a full time gig in the Championship so he could manage part-time Alloa.

”If true” indeed. FFS.

Aye FFS 🤣🤣

He's apparently already stressed he's wanting to stay part time. So maybe that's exactly the case. Neither you or I can confirm any different 'FFS' 

33 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

He'll not get the job. They're only extending him the courtesy of an interview due to an application. 

Doubt this is true but if so that makes absolutely no sense. It’s not like he’s some Scottish football icon or Pars legend that we want to keep sweet.

If we are indeed talking to him, it’ll be because he’s a contender. Although the club might see the reaction and claim otherwise right enough.

30 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Aye FFS 🤣🤣

He's apparently already stressed he's wanting to stay part time. So maybe that's exactly the case. Neither you or I can confirm any different 'FFS' 

I can guarantee we didn’t offer Barry Ferguson the job.