Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can't find it anywhere on McBookie. Has it been took off?

It’s still there in football specials. Shields now 2nd favourite. Presumably because he’s the only remaining member of the old management team. I suspect he’ll be reserves coach though.IMG_1675.jpg

What a dire list that is.

Zorniger could be an exciting one. Doubt that'll happen though. Brondby are one of Denmark's premium institutes so I imagine he'd have to take a massive drop in wages from his previous job to come to us. Still think Petrie is an absolute stick on and just waiting until the full Championship is confirmed for next season just to coincide with a fresh start. 

Why do people use this “tried to play football” as some defence of Grant? I couldn’t give a f**k if Pars played nice football or not if we won 5 out of 27 games and got scudded into L1 like Alloa did.

He’s achieved square root of f**k all as a manager and gets opportunities because he’s a former Celtic captain. I’ll still support the team if he was appointed but it would be thoroughly underwhelming.

Why do people use this “tried to play football” as some defence of Grant? I couldn’t give a f**k if Pars played nice football or not if we won 5 out of 27 games and got scudded into L1 like Alloa did.
He’s achieved square root of f**k all as a manager and gets opportunities because he’s a former Celtic captain. I’ll still support the team if he was appointed but it would be thoroughly underwhelming.

As an Alloa fan I totally agree, After what I witnessed in dealing with players and officials I wouldn’t let him look after a cactus [emoji266]

Agree with this. When I saw Alloa, they seemed to be all about possession and playing ‘nice’ football. Even when they were behind, there wasn’t an urgency to score/get back into the game. A manager needs to be capable of changing things/mixing it up. This would not be a good move.

Having said that, I’m fairly confident that this will just be a case of speaking to someone who has applied, as we have nothing to lose from doing so.

He operated at a high level in his coaching career and did keep Alloa up prior to this season. Don't think he would be the worst appointment but not what I would be hoping for.

I was looking for a an appointment with a bit more success on their C.V and more experience of being a manager. He's 55 and had a combined management career of just over 3 years.

Kept on hearing about how Stevie was learning for the last 2 and a half years. Had enough of that and to be quite honest, next season shouldn't be about managers learning or nurturing kids. It should be about getting ready made players and management to get us out of the championship. 

I think there's a great chance next season if we get this appointment right.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

He operated at a high level in his coaching career and did keep Alloa up prior to this season. Don't think he would be the worst appointment but not what I would be hoping for.

I was looking for a an appointment with a bit more success on their C.V and more experience of being a manager. He's 55 and had a combined management career of just over 3 years.

Kept on hearing about how Stevie was learning for the last 2 and a half years. Had enough of that and to be quite honest, next season shouldn't be about managers learning or nurturing kids. It should be about getting ready made players and management to get us out of the championship. 

I think there's a great chance next season if we get this appointment right.

I’m sure he must be a decent coach to get so many gigs but he’s also been a part of a few honking set ups like under Mowbray at Celtic and McLeish at Villa.

You say he “kept Alloa up” but not convinced he would have if full 19/20 season had been played, although we’ll never know.

Either way, he won 12 out of 55 league games at Alloa and we have some people speculating he might be a shrewd appointment? It’s not like he’s a talented young coach who might quickly develop and improve his methods either.