Walking Down The Halbeath Road

46 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Not sure if this a response is to my post. If you are, your response is taking my point out of context.

I was questioning where his desire for the Pars job was coming from,  as he has been there and done it in terms of previous jobs. The Rovers comment was a side comment about sentiment not even being a factor in motivating him, because we're not his boyhood team. Not the fact he's a Rovers fan and doesn't like the Pars.

I don't think sentiment is really a thing once a person enters football professionally. Similarly I don't think Stewart Petrie will view the Dunfermline job much differently than any other full time vacancy of a club around the same stature or level, maybe slightly but only slightly.

2 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I don't think sentiment is really a thing once a person enters football professionally. Similarly I don't think Stewart Petrie will view the Dunfermline job much differently than any other full time vacancy of a club around the same stature or level, maybe slightly but only slightly.

Disagree. Plenty players choose clubs over others due to sentiment. Look at Charlie Adam.

9 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Disagree. Plenty players choose clubs over others due to sentiment. Look at Charlie Adam.

He didn't give up a good career to take a big risk to play for his boyhood club.

Fans are emotional, players and managers are and have to be professional.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Adam is still getting a really good wage by all accounts and he's moved back up to near his family both would be reasonable suggestions to why he is turning out for a Scottish Championship side it being his boyhood club is often just fans being emotional.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Adam is still getting a really good wage by all accounts and he's moved back up to near his family both would be reasonable suggestions to why he is turning out for a Scottish Championship side it being his boyhood club is often just fans being emotional.

Adam could've gone to another English club and made far more than Dundee could pay.

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
11 hours ago, Axle Grease said:
Developed a 'Pars shot' looks guid and tastes guid. Let us acknowledge artistic, alcoholic greatness. 
IMG_20210522_001714_397.thumb.jpg.80d8d5e4624df13107fab07764bec8f0.jpg

What's in that?!

Top is Dark Rum, then middle is Peach Snapps and bottom is some Curisol (spl)  that the wife puts in her cocktails. Tasted OK, mind you I was 6 bottles of Heverlee gone by that point 😂

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, top effort! Get them sold in Charlie D's when fans are allowed back!

It'd sell for sure. Tastes no too bad

On 22/05/2021 at 11:40, Axle Grease said:

Top is Dark Rum, then middle is Peach Snapps and bottom is some Curisol (spl)  that the wife puts in her cocktails. Tasted OK, mind you I was 6 bottles of Heverlee gone by that point 😂

And the toilet roll to finish. Good effort. 

Guest Axle Grease
5 hours ago, Wardy said:

This was posted on the Rovers thread last month or so. It’s a lot of pish. Loosely based on data from Football manager. 

😂😂😂

Looking at the names on the betting lists (purely speculation) I'd be happy with Petrie, Levein or if we're going to go for a German guy then the boy Zorniger. Petrie because he's hungry, has the Mo punching above their weight and is a top bloke. Levein get's a lot of snash but I actually quite like him as a manager if not the most exciting. Bags of experience, lots of contacts for players and I honestly think would get us promoted. And Zorniger if we're going for something different, has a good resume and well it just sounds quite exciting...