Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If folk have put £100 on him then the bookies shit themselves and shorten the odds.
90% of bets, according to McBookie, have been on Petrie, with big ones being placed from the Dundee area. 
I'll be honest, I'll be very surprised if it isn't him. 

90% of bets, according to McBookie, have been on Petrie, with big ones being placed from the Dundee area. 
I'll be honest, I'll be very surprised if it isn't him. 

I thought the tweet said 90% of the bets on Petrie came from the Dundee postcode area, rather than 90% of all bets being for Petrie to be the next manager?

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

We’ve announced Dair’s away. Not a surprise, I can’t imagine any incoming manager would particularly want him in their management team.

Interesting that no mention of Shields yet. I must admit on Tuesday after the news broke I thought Greg Shields could be quite a strong candidate to move up to the head coach role but I have never seen it suggested anywhere else.

18 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Interesting that no mention of Shields yet. I must admit on Tuesday after the news broke I thought Greg Shields could be quite a strong candidate to move up to the head coach role but I have never seen it suggested anywhere else.

The Germans have mentioned us not having an independent academy being an issue,  and there was talk of a link up with rosyth and have an academy run from there.  Head of youth possibly?  It would fit in with his experience in America.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The Germans have mentioned us not having an independent academy being an issue,  and there was talk of a link up with rosyth and have an academy run from there.  Head of youth possibly?  It would fit in with his experience in America.

Yeah, that makes absolute sense.

The ground where the academy would be run, is a bit of a bog. Have you not put a fair bit cash into pitreavie? Would seem counter productive to move away from there.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The ground where the academy would be run, is a bit of a bog. Have you not put a fair bit cash into pitreavie? Would seem counter productive to move away from there.

We've not been at Pitreavie since administration days. 

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:
44 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t think we have been anywhere near pitreavie in years. Wankstain masterton was involved with it and tried to kill the club over it,. No idea if he’s still there but wouldn’t touch the place if there’s even a possibility.

I don’t think our training arrangements have been stable for a while.  In the past 3/4 years we’ve used mckane park, Kelty and Alloa + various random parks we’ve got a hold of for a few weeks.  Far from ideal.  Compared to a club like St Mirren we are ridiculously behind. 

7 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Jack de Gier spotted outside the Kingsgate, absolutely raging that Luigis is now a William Hill. 

I don’t think it’s even William hill anymore, lease sign up when I went by last week. 

Fair enough. Last time I was in the pavilion at pitreavie I seen a few dunfermline players. Can't even remember who, just assumed you were still involved there in some capacity. I'm not sure rocking up at a bowling club in Rosyth is a good move unless your putting in a fair bit money to stop the flooding etc

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I really like GS, and I hope he stays in charge of youth/potential academy but I don’t want to see a sideways step with someone already at the club. I was underwhelmed when Stevie was appointed but like we all were I was willing to give it a go. What difference would Shields make, he was already heavily involved last season when things weren’t going well?

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Fair enough. Last time I was in the pavilion at pitreavie I seen a few dunfermline players. Can't even remember who, just assumed you were still involved there in some capacity. I'm not sure rocking up at a bowling club in Rosyth is a good move unless your putting in a fair bit money to stop the flooding etc

I’m not sure how firm to rosyth plans are,  any articles I’ve seen seem more aimed at the rosyth FC angle with our potential academy second so possibly just speculation.

Guess I would want to trust the process.  I would think identifying and building a dedicated training base seems like something the Germans would want to do going by their limited sound bites, and something that they really need regular visits to do properly, something just about  impossible ATM.

Edited by parsforlife

9 hours ago, JFPar said:

I really like GS, and I hope he stays in charge of youth/potential academy but I don’t want to see a sideways step with someone already at the club. I was underwhelmed when Stevie was appointed but like we all were I was willing to give it a go. What difference would Shields make, he was already heavily involved last season when things weren’t going well?

There's no telling what difference Shields would make. Just because he was part of the last management isn't to say having him as head coach wouldn't change things.

The board didn't dismiss SC and weren't looking for a change of management, I accept it is a good opportunity to go a different direction though.