Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Ray McKinnon's CV will have been hand delivered to EEP as soon as he could get there after hearing Crawford had resigned. Surprised he didn't make the list. 
hes further down, about 14s or something. Terrifying.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
7 minutes ago, Michael W said:
Ray McKinnon's CV will have been hand delivered to EEP as soon as he could get there after hearing Crawford had resigned. Surprised he didn't make the list. 

hes further down, about 14s or something. Terrifying.

He can at least point to recent success with QP amongst his numerous bunglings and his frankly hilarious spell at Falkirk. 

Peter Houston. f**k me. 

Darren Young literally just signed a 2 year deal how is he not like 50/1[emoji38]
Also is Alan Johnston someone random or do they mean Queen of the South manager Allan Johnston
It's been suggested in the past that his previous contract effectively had a release for a full time job so the new one could have the same. Would explain why his name is linked with every job at this level.

Every time a manager gets the sack or leaves his post, we get the usual "bantz" shouts of utter jobbers by people on this forum. Banter bypass ffs. 

Petrie with a guest assistant each week. Cardle, Ivo, Kozma, Ross Jack, Leishman.. 

Never hid how much I liked Stevie and I think this shows ambition by the club. So often a change comes when a club is in crisis but we did okay. Only Raith and Arbroath can say they did better than expected. With our squad and budget we looked like a team to finish around 3rd, give or take a place. 

Whoever the new manager is, he only has 3 seasons maximum before Falky steps in to guide us to the top 6 of the Premiership. 

What a player btw! I've already forgotten the dross of last season. Absolutely love the man! 

Exciting-ish times. Would be great if we nailed this appointment. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 18.15.29.png

Whoever the new manager is, he only has 3 seasons maximum before Falky steps in to guide us to the top 6 of the Premiership. 

Jesus. Stroke and heart attack wards in Kirkcaldy will be full to the brim if that happened.

2 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Stevie Robinson

Derek McInnes

I would happily have Robinson however I think we have next to no chance of getting him. 

On the fence about McInnes it would obviously be a bit of a coup us landing him and I highly doubt he would be interested in joining us and his football style leaves a lot to be desired.

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

At least he leaves with reputation in tact. My biggest fear was ugly scenes at EEP and his reputation being tarnished completely. It takes a man with guts to do that, so I commend him for that and wish him all the best. I would actually like him at some capacity at the club, because he does have a good eye for talent and, by all accounts, is a good coach but clearly can't cut it at management.

Exciting times ahead. Stewart Petrie is the number one choice for me. Unless we can only hire someone unattached, then it could be a bit interesting, especially with the potential for any German coaches, but I'd say Stewart Petrie would be a fantastic appointment and one that would get the fans buzzing. 

I'd say there's not much chance of this. He's a bank manager outside of football so will be on good money. He'd have to give that up to come to manage a FT time, where he isn't guaranteed a job long term. If anything you'd imagine he'd need to be on at least 1.2k p/w and 3 or 4 year deal to consider giving up that level of stability. 

I'd say there's not much chance of this. He's a bank manager outside of football so will be on good money. He'd have to give that up to come to manage a FT time, where he isn't guaranteed a job long term. If anything you'd imagine he'd need to be on at least 1.2k p/w and 3 or 4 year deal to consider giving up that level of stability. 

I say there is a good chance. We will offer him a good wage and possibly a 2-3 year contract as we have been dishing those out to some players. He is a Dunfermline legend, in the club’s hall of fame and clearly loves the club from his induction interview. With the new investors as well this could be a massive opportunity in his eyes to build something successful and potentially do what others have done and get a job down south or at bigger clubs somewhere. That’s potentially life-changing money.

If we are unable to get a manager that is under contract, then it could be interesting if we look to Germany for potential candidates rather than the usual merry-go-round. Guys like Stephen Robinson will be way out our budget zone as well. Going to be interesting indeed.