Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

So that's us, you and Falkirk all looking for managers.  Interesting.

It'll be the same list, in the same order of odds as well for each team. With the exception of an ex player/current experienced player thrown in for each team. 

As harsh as it does sound, I'm delighted with that. He leaves with his reputation intact and without the ugly scenes at EEP that normally proceeds a manager getting the boot, a club legend. 

I'm very excited to see who we could get in, no rush. 

Yaaaaassss! Brilliant news!

Crawford can leave still a legend and with the thanks of the fans. I think history will probably be pretty kind to him, despite some of the disgustingly shit stuff we saw under him! But I don't grudge him that in the slightest.

Looking forward to the host of the usual 'hilarious' pictures and suggestions from fans of other teams as to who the next manager will be. 

Anyway, announce Petrie!

1 minute ago, smpar said:

It'll be the same list, in the same order of odds as well for each team. With the exception of an ex player/current experienced player thrown in for each team. 

Sheerin/Robson for The Caley,  John Potter for you, Yogi for Falkirk IMO.

As harsh as it does sound, I'm delighted with that. He leaves with his reputation intact and without the ugly scenes at EEP that normally proceeds a manager getting the boot, a club legend. 

I'm excited and shitting it in equal measure [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm gutted myself. I've been hugely critical of him in the past but it was great from our perspective as it meant you were underachieving.

Interesting to see if this has any impact on the Turner situation.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Interesting to see if this has any impact on the Turner situation.

It'll have absolutely no effect, I've seen fans of Raith and Morton saying they'd take Turner and its quite bizarre. 

He wasn't signing a new contract with us because he wants to play in the prem, it'd be like me saying I'd take Hendry just because he's not signed a contract with Raith. Of course I would, but the reason he hasn't signed a new contract is because Raith can't afford/aren't playing at a level he likes. 

We still aren't playing in the prem so we still won't have Turner. 

It'll have absolutely no effect, I've seen fans of Raith and Morton saying they'd take Turner and its quite bizarre. 
He wasn't signing a new contract with us because he wants to play in the prem, it'd be like me saying I'd take Hendry just because he's not signed a contract with Raith. Of course I would, but the reason he hasn't signed a new contract is because Raith can't afford/aren't playing at a level he likes. 
We still aren't playing in the prem so we still won't have Turner. 
I'm fully aware we'd have no chance of Turner. In all honesty, the Turner stuff isn't even the worst take I've seen on here about the summer transfer window: there's folk on our thread saying Charlie Adams legs are gone and that he could do a job...

A bit concerned that Neil McCannb didn't take the Inverness job as he had something else lined up. [emoji1785]

Tam Tuchel is only on a short term contract at Chelsea, maybe if they don't qualify for the Champions League next season we can get him in with all that lovely German dosh...

Seriously though, Petrie if we can persuade him to leave his banking job is the obvious candidate. Not sure who else is out there unless there is a left field appointment from somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

A bit concerned that Neil McCannb didn't take the Inverness job as he had something else lined up. emoji1785.png

Tam Tuchel is only on a short term contract at Chelsea, maybe if they don't qualify for the Champions League next season we can get him in with all that lovely German dosh...

Seriously though, Petrie if we can persuade him to leave his banking job is the obvious candidate. Not sure who else is out there unless there is a left field appointment from somewhere.

I think McCanns media work pays significantly more than a managerial wage which is why he didn't take it on long term.

I think Petrie would be on the short list if he applies and I do think the German investors will have contacts to at least publicise the job in places it's not normally advertised.

Don’t know if his ultimate ambition is full time football but Stewart Petrie has seemed destined for the Dunfermline job for years. From his time as a player with the Pars he is held in high regard and he has done an outstanding job with Montrose. He’s managed to get every ounce out of a limited squad of players and his sides have generally been entertaining to watch when I’ve seen them.

He seems the obvious choice and I think he’d be an excellent appointment for the Pars. For that reason, I really hope it’s not him.