Walking Down The Halbeath Road

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
47 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
Or of them coming to our place emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png

I don't ever remember beating Hamilton. Ever. Anywhere.

We beat them twice in 2012/13, both league games at NDP. The first of which finished 3-0 in September. That was when we played some liquid football before it all went tits up with admin etc. Jordan McMillan pretty much just ran up and down the right wing unopposed for 90 minutes. The coke probably had a part to play there tbh. 

Guest Axle Grease

By the way, just because you beat us last week, dinnae think you're great and awe that. I'm no even bothered aboot it 1 week later. 

Wait till next season, I will love it when we beat yous, actually love it! 

On 13/05/2021 at 11:51, 101 said:

Pretty sure that was clear when he took over, there was next to no chance of the director of football bulleting the head coach when they have never worked together. I would imagine Crawford will be conducting preseason and the season under the watchful eye of Meggle.

If Meggle doesn't believe Stevie can get us promoted then you would imagine he will be away at some point next season. I hope Stevie can pull through and be far more competent next season especially away from home.

Players can improve. I guess managers can improve too. He's made enough mistakes to learn from.

4 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

By the way, just because you beat us last week, dinnae think you're great and awe that. I'm no even bothered aboot it 1 week later. 

Wait till next season, I will love it when we beat yous, actually love it! 

Naw, we'll have a stronger team with the players we've got lined up.

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Naw, we'll have a stronger team with the players we've got lined up.

Not concerned by you signing Dario Zanatta and perma crock Keatings. Berra could be a good signing but he's  old and could end up a big commitment if his legs completely give up on him.

Think you will lose Hendry too.

Raith won’t do anything particularly remarkable next season. Maybe come close to a play-off. Not that we’ll do any better: we’ll be battling to avoid the play-offs at the other end.

"Stevie and Jason are massive Dunfermline fans, so they are hurting too. They have learned from this season and are confident of another push for the play-offs" Or some sort of birthday caird pish like that.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

"Stevie and Jason are massive Dunfermline fans, so they are hurting too. They have learned from this season and are confident of another push for the play-offs" Or some sort of birthday caird pish like that.

Surely if the playoffs this year we're the aim then winning the league or being promoted is the yard stick for next season. Failure to get out the league next year would be my criteria for the management agreeing to continue.

There's no Hearts, Hibs or Dundee United in the league i.e. a team that absolutely dwarf everyone else's budgets, so we really should be putting a decent title challenge in. We've had plenty of years in this league to get adjusted and build ourselves back up to compete for the title. We have to be going for it. But, as I've said previously, that will not happen with the current management. We'll be equal or worse than this season, so we could potentially be looking at 6th-8th in my opinion. No confidence at all in this management and they have lost the confidence in majority of our support. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Surely if the playoffs this year we're the aim then winning the league or being promoted is the yard stick for next season. Failure to get out the league next year would be my criteria for the management agreeing to continue.

I would say at least putting in a title challenge for next season. 

These glorified mid-table finishes (just because you get a play-off place means 4th is good)  is not good enough going forward.

I can't really remember a manager starting a season with quite so many supporters against them being in the job. If he gets a bad start, It will turn sour very quickly.

Crawford is going on about how excited he is for next season after seeing the last 6-8 games. We need to be far better than that if we are going to improve on 4th place. I mean, we didn't score a fuckin goal in 5 out of those last 8 games and he's getting excited?  I don't think he will be at the club by Xmas and it will be another season lost,  especially when there are no big teams in the league for a change. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I would say at least putting in a title challenge for next season. 

These glorified mid-table finishes (just because you get a play-off place means 4th is good)  is not good enough going forward.

I can't really remember a manager starting a season with quite so many supporters against them being in the job. If he gets a bad start, It will turn sour very quickly.

Crawford is going on about how excited he is for next season after seeing the last 6-8 games. We need to be far better than that if we are going to improve on 4th place. I mean, we didn't score a fuckin goal in 5 out of those last 8 games and he's getting excited?  I don't think he will be at the club by Xmas and it will be another season lost,  especially when there are no big teams in the league for a change. 

Davie Hay, but that was of course 16 years ago.

Davie Hay, but that was of course 16 years ago.

What an absolutely horrendous choice that was now we have the benefit of hindsight. An old duffer that couldn’t find his arse with both hands and a radar. One of the most exciting Pars teams to watch to one of the worst in such a short space of time. Mental to think Andy Tod was often the answer to problems up front. Although Andy is a legend, going from Crawford & Brewster to relying on Tod to bail us out as a stand-in striker was just unreal. And some of those signings? Jesus suffering f*ck.

Let's sign Derek Lyle on loan from a team in the league below and never play him!

Letting Brewster go to ICT for nothing!

Georgi Hristov!

Billy Kirkwood and Paul Hegarty as assistants. Two utterly deplorable people with as much tactical knowledge between them as a molusc.
They had the team training by pumping long, diagonals into the box whilst Mehmet and Labonte just kicked a ball between themselves at the other end of the pitch one time.

The absolute poisonous atmosphere when we got pumped away to Livi I'll never forget.