Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Craig Wilson OG at Starks Park, November 2009

I thought my head was going to cave in when that goal went in

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Faisal bicycle kick vs Brechin when we wrapped up league 1 in March 2016.

Hospitality that day, booked months before. Amazing day.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Darren Young's penalty against Old Rangers in the 3-3 draw, where Makel was unfairly sent off. 

The big Greek Rangers defender Kyrgiakos was clearly told by the ref after the first corner where he was fouling one of our players "drag him back again & it's a penalty and you're off" - I was going fkn mental that the ref saw fit to warn him not to do the exact same thing again, but then he done it - we got a penalty, he got sent off and Young equalised. Mental scenes. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

All good shouts for the last minute goal.

Nicky Clark at Inverness was tremendous too. Utter scenes.

One of the best day trips ever watching the Pars with my dad, my son & my cousin.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

McIntyre’s penalty was pretty special.

86th or so minute but I'll accept it 😎

Was it Dorus who couldn't watch it and when he asked the fans what happened, he was like WTF! 🤣

Total scenes at that, absolute carnage in the stand. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Speaking of being late, what's everyone's favourite last minute goal for Dunfermline? Off the top of my head is Scott Wilson's winner against Hearts in the cup back in 2007. 

That big cart horse for Cowdenbeath to make it 7-1 and thus deliver a nice windfall. Okay, it was against us but still.. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

This, a million times this. 

He's staying isn't he? 

Of course he is. He fulfilled his remit which was getting in to the play-offs.

Forget the abysmal away form. Forget being good maybe 1 game every 5. Forget getting cuffed on more than one occasion by the Wee Team in big matches. He finished 4th and that's all that matters to them. No ambition at all as they continue to pander to the minority happy-clapping supporters.

"Och, Stevie is a Pars fan too, he's hurting just as much" Birthday.Caird.Fucking.Pish

10 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Not really confirmed as it didn't come from the club but it is pretty obvious they have bottled it.

This decision will set us back another few years, perhaps worse. Falkirk'd it written all over it. 

Why do we have to let things get exceptionally shit before making a change? One of the most frustrating times as a fan is when you're not even disappointed at the sixth defeat in eight games because you're hopeful that'll be curtains for the manager. Don't let it get to that stage; realise Crawford has had a decent go at it but let someone else come in and build their own squad over the summer.

FWIW, I'd be happy to see Crawford stay as part of the setup. He can clearly bring in some talented players, he just can't manage a full squad to their full potential. I realise this is highly unlikely for a number of reasons. 

Edited by smpar

I think we can all agree he is most definitely a good coach and good at scouting young talent, but he ain't up to the job of being a manager. It is so blatantly obvious. Some of the worst decision making I have ever seen. 

No Cove or Montrose in the Championship next season; between Airdrie and Morton for the playoff final. Just waiting on Accies coming down to pile on the disappointment. 

Just now, smpar said:

No Cove or Montrose in the Championship next season; between Airdrie and Morton for the playoff final. Just waiting on Accies coming down to pile on the disappointment. 

That's a thoroughly depressing thought.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's a thoroughly depressing thought.

I'm hoping you lot or the wee team bottle it in the final against 2nd bottom of the Premiership. If we're not getting any new/exciting away games I'd rather have as many games as possible with a big crowd in the Cowden end.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

I'm hoping you lot or the wee team bottle it in the final against 2nd bottom of the Premiership. If we're not getting any new/exciting away games I'd rather have as many games as possible with a big crowd in the Cowden end.

Airdrie or Morton with 1 of Ross County, Killie or Hamilton guaranteed to be down here...

f**k me, promotion just became that bit more important.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Airdrie or Morton with 1 of Ross County, Killie or Hamilton guaranteed to be down here...

f**k me, promotion just became that bit more important.

Don't be so fucking selfish. 

Cove away would have been class, honestly do not give a f**k if Morton survive or Airdrie come up.No desire to go to either Cappielow or whatever Airdries midden is called these days.

Cove away would have been class, honestly do not give a f**k if Morton survive or Airdrie come up.No desire to go to either Cappielow or whatever Airdries midden is called these days.

Morton is a decent away day and a cracking ground but we’re utter shite there.