Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I believe it is a rolling yearly contract so there will be no termination cost.

Think that means he's constantly got 12 months on his contract.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It was only 1 more home game than away.

But aye, I think a regular length season would have seen us comfortably out of the playoffs. Next season will be regular length, which is yet another reason Crawford cannot be in charge.

We achieve 0.69 points per game away from home,  2.14 at home.    Depending on how the fixtures landed that could easily have fucked us if we had 14 away fixtures.     What would we have got from a 2nd game at gayfield? A draw at best IMO, good chance of a defeat, possibly no play-off 

Pinch him as much as you want but I doubt you'll get any squeak out of him.[emoji850]

I think he is genuinely the most pale man I have ever seen. Just thought I’d get that out there.

Anyway, it’s got to be Petrie. A quite remarkable job he has done at Montrose, which could still get better, and is obviously a club legend.

I think he is genuinely the most pale man I have ever seen. Just thought I’d get that out there.

Anyway, it’s got to be Petrie. A quite remarkable job he has done at Montrose, which could still get better, and is obviously a club legend.
Is Crawford's club legend status tarnished by his completely meh managerial stint?

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
22 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Is Crawford's club legend status tarnished by his completely meh managerial stint?

Was Gordon Dalziel's for us? Of course not. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

We achieve 0.69 points per game away from home,  2.14 at home.    Depending on how the fixtures landed that could easily have fucked us if we had 14 away fixtures.     What would we have got from a 2nd game at gayfield? A draw at best IMO, good chance of a defeat, possibly no play-off 

It’s not even a 2 point swing and 2 points less would still have seen you in fourth

8 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
27 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

No. But it's certainly not doing him any favours. Failure after failure. The board have only got one decision right since the fans saved the club and that was getting AJ to win the seaside league. Every big decision when it comes to management since then they have made an arse of it. 

13 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

It’s not even a 2 point swing and 2 points less would still have seen you in fourth

On an average, but had it been the Arbroath games switched it would have changed from 2 narrow home wins(which include a last minute winner and scrambling goal line clearances for the last 10 minutes in the other game) we could have lost the 3 points and goals to take us outside the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
56 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I don't know, but it's not doing his status as a Rovers legend any harm that's for sure. 

From what I’ve seen of Dunfermline your main issues are putting the ball in the net and your goal keeper keeping the ball out, Ohara ,Wighton and McManus are hardly prolific with the latter two being totally mince when they played for us the stats speak for themselves. Will Ewan Murray be leaving what’s your thoughts

40 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

On an average, but had it been the Arbroath games switched it would have changed from 2 narrow home wins(which include a last minute winner and scrambling goal line clearances for the last 10 minutes in the other game) we could have lost the 3 points and goals to take us outside the playoffs.

I get the point you are trying to make but it is all a bit ‘if your auntie had baws’ IMO. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

He did go through a major operation in late autumn last year and when, to be honest, he did return he didn't look too well for some time. As for Petrie? It might be worth having a punt on him but like almost every managerial appointment at all levels it's much like a lucky bag. Sometimes a pleasant surprise, sometimes just guff. You never really know what you have got until the appointment is made.

Edited by embow

7 minutes ago, embow said:

He did go through a major operation in late autumn last year and when, to be honest, he did return he didn't look too well for some time. As for Petrie? It might be worth having a punt on him but like almost every managerial appointment at all levels it's much like a lucky bag. Sometimes a pleasant surprise, sometimes just guff. You never really know what you have got until the appointment is made.

Well apart from when we got John back....😉

13 minutes ago, embow said:

The only thing about it is he hasn't got managerial experience at a full-time club, but really what difference would that make? He clearly knows how to get the best of a team and get results. He's done an absolutely fantastic job. His win percentage is 48%. That is fantastic. 

The club should do everything in their power to get him. It could be a watershed moment in our club's history given how much these investors are going to be putting in to it to get us back to the big time. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think that means he's constantly got 12 months on his contract.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Nah not really, I appreciate it hasn't been a fantastic stint as manager but likewise we're not talking Davie Hay, Stephen Kenny, John Potter levels of shite, Crawford will go down as a manager who wasn't great, wasn't terrible, and that's not nearly severe enough to tarnish his legendry status as a player. 

Fwiw I will be absolutely fucking seething at the board if they kick this decision down the road 6 months and wait until Crawford is getting pelters every week from the fans at games, he doesn't deserve that. He evidently does care a great amount about the club and that'd be awful to watch. It's pretty apparent now he isn't the man the fans want in charge, I'd rather we parted ways amicably now, than in a cauldron of seethe in a few months. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

The only thing about it is he hasn't got managerial experience at a full-time club, but really what difference would that make? 

Could make a massive one tbh, some managers seem to suit part time football, others almost seem to do better with less resources and pressure. 

Dick Campbell for example never seemed to fare well at full time sides, while John McGlynn is a good manager he done poorly at Hearts for example... Some managers just find there niche and make it work. Stephen Kenny is a manager who always seems to do well at "wee clubs" and everytime he steps upto a bigger club with more pressure to succeed everytime he crumbles. There's no science to it I suppose. 

Petrie to my knowledge hasn't managed or coached in a full time setup for years, and that will be different. 

34 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

I get the point you are trying to make but it is all a bit ‘if your auntie had baws’ IMO. 

Not going to deny that tbf.    Regardless our away form clearly needs improving and it needs asked if Crawford is the man to do that.

I don’t think it was as extreme, but McIntyre was given stick for the difference between our home and away form(tho I think of might of actually been the other way round) In the season before promotion.  It can be done under the same manager.