Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I avoid .nut but thought I’d check to see what the consensus on Crawford was. No surprise to see the moon-howlers giving it the “Awk, that’s football” and “It’s been a helluva year” burthday caird pish.

That’s the fanbase the board pander to unfortunately. Maybe with the new investors having a bigger say next year we will see real change.

Said it before: they’ll keep him purely because we finished 4th, never mind how shite we have been and having horrendous away form.

Good luck to them shifting season tickets.

Said it before: they’ll keep him purely because we finished 4th, never mind how shite we have been and having horrendous away form.

You will have to fight your inner masochist if you want to avoid shelling out.

Your resistance is futile. If I get a sniff of football in a first person view perspective...I’ll be forcing them to take my money.

How long has he got left on his contract? That’ll likely be the deciding factor for your board as they’ll not want to pay him off. If fans want him out refusing to buy season tickets is the obvious route as the board will weigh that loss of revenue Vs contract termination cost.

How long has he got left on his contract? That’ll likely be the deciding factor for your board as they’ll not want to pay him off. If fans want him out refusing to buy season tickets is the obvious route as the board will weigh that loss of revenue Vs contract termination cost.

I believe it is a rolling yearly contract so there will be no termination cost.

They’ll bottle it and give him another year a la AJ in 2018.

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Pretty sure rolling contracts are set up so there’s an agreed termination cost,  It’s not set up that it kicks in for a year every may,  more that it doesn’t matter when we sack him as the cost is always the same.    Unlike AJ when we were left to sort out 18months when 6 months earlier it would have been nothing.

Crawford's game management second half was terrible yesterday.

Wighton off for McManus was daft. Wighton is our main threat. Instead of being subbed, he should have been pushed forward more. It was noticeable how often he was dropping deep and how often he was out wide. At 70 minutes, when we were already losing, he should have told to stay further forward and we should have been looking to try and get more crosses in. Instead we bring on McManus, whose partnership with O'Hara has never worked, and who likewise was too deep, which is hardly surprising given where he has been played in recent weeks.

Banks on for Mayo unbalanced the midfield and showed that Crawford didn't learn from the last time at Starks when Henderson looked absolutely lost when in central midfield.

Fraser for Euan Murray I can see what he was going for given how late on it was and that we needed a goal, but Whittaker going back to cover in defence was cruelly exposed for their second. It also gave us 3 of the midfield who were so hopeless as a unit in the 5-1 defeat (Banks, Henderson and Murray), both defensively and in attack, so I don't know why he thought that was an answer.

Anyway, the only loan player I would keep (if there was an option to do so next season) is indeed the only one who will shortly officially be our player anyway. Fraser Murray showed some promise in a few games but in too many others did very little. Mayo is decent cover in defense but simply isn't a midfielder (and I can see him back in midfield next season if Crawford stays), but we have decent options in defence now. McInroy had about 3 good games. Banks likewise. Henderson the same. 

On another topic, presumably Wilson is still injured?

You knew right away with those changes that it was going to go tits up. Wighton is our main threat and time and time again he is hooking him and then O’Hara ends up playing a position he isn’t good at.

The board seriously have to listen to the fans and not bottle it and take the easy option. Genuinely can’t see them doing it though.

Obviously I’m no expert on your board but I’d be surprised if they renewed his contract then. 4th place isn’t the worst finish on paper with Hearts and Dundee in the League but the away form will surely not have gone unnoticed along with the poor cup runs.

He’ll be given another year to f*ck things up again. Kevin Nisbet was the difference between bottom two and mid-table last season. This season we have benefited massively from having more home games than away as the away form would surely see us finish between 6-8th in a normal season.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Even a couple more away wins and it's not such a bad season results wise in normal league time.

I think part of the frustration is we can’t even point to any games away from home where we’ve been unlucky,   No dodgy referee calls or where the opposition Keeper has had the game if his life. Maybe Gordon at tynecastle, but that’s normal from him.   We so rarely dictate ourselves on the opponent. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

He’ll be given another year to f*ck things up again. Kevin Nisbet was the difference between bottom two and mid-table last season. This season we have benefited massively from having more home games than away as the away form would surely see us finish between 6-8th in a normal season.

It was only 1 more home game than away.

But aye, I think a regular length season would have seen us comfortably out of the playoffs. Next season will be regular length, which is yet another reason Crawford cannot be in charge.