Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not quite. Worst in the second tier since 82 I think.

I thought it was 72 just before the downward spiral after our most successful period. 40 years then. Still horrendous.

Crawford has to go now. When the new board came in all the talk was of a 3 year plan to get us into the premiership, in the however many years since we haven’t come remotely close to doing that. We’ve scraped into 4th and been dumped out of the playoffs at the first hurdle twice. 4th in a 10 team league cannot be seen as any kind of success. 
Get a new manager in, overhaul this squad packed with jobbers and actually aim to get promotion instead of viewing 4th as mission accomplished.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’ve been moaning about/focussing on the Wighton sub so much, that I actually forgot the tactical ineptitude that cost us the 2nd goal.

We took off Murray, a strong CB that Crawford made captain, and moved Whittaker to CB to mark Ugwu - who is a powerful striker. Whittaker off had to be the change, unless we were switching to 1 CB. Honestly, his subs today are enough justification to sack him. Never mind our last 12 away games in the league.

Suggestion that Murray was injured. But I agree the Wighton and Mayo substitutions were bizarre.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

He absolutely should be going. Worst away form in a generation and pumped out of the play-offs at the first attempt by a team we absolutely dwarf budget wise. He won’t go though. They’ll see this season as “progress” and he’ll get another season.

Yous are not very good at play-offs are you ?:1eye

The 2nd half today was the most pivotal part of the tie.  Rovers changed tactics a bit, went more direct, yet Crawford took off probably your best player up top.  Really bizarre.  

Anyhow, great to see the two biggest clubs in Fife going head to head in the playoffs at the right end.  Considering where both clubs have been in recent years that itself was a nice occasion.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

great to see the two biggest clubs in Fife going head to head in the playoffs at the right end. 

Yep. Pars are by far the biggest of the two. Just in case you had forgotten that bud.....

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Yep. Pars are by far the biggest of the two. Just in case you had forgotten that bud.....

Fine by me, makes the victory beers taste that wee bit sweeter 😉