Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think we should put the managers job out to an open advert tbh not just go and head hunt someone who, it has been reported many times, isn't looking for a full time gig.

40 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think we should put the managers job out to an open advert tbh not just go and head hunt someone who, it has been reported many times, isn't looking for a full time gig.

I think we should ask him (something might have changed) and if he says no then I agree the job should be put to an open advert.

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think we should ask him (something might have changed) and if he says no then I agree the job should be put to an open advert.

I'm a bit nervous about how things look on the face of things take Hopkins as an example I would have been fairly happy to have him come in on the back of what he did at Livi but it's clear that his assistant was running the show in all but name and it's been a good long time since we had an open competition and that's nothing to say of our new investors European connections.

Also don't want another player to go down in the fans estimations albeit on paper Petrie is 10x the manager Stevie is.

Guest Axle Grease

Heading to a mates back garden pub, few of us watching the match. 

Best of luck to the team and have a good day folks. 

COYP

Also heading to a mate's for this. En route but beer not allowed on the train! Boooo! 

Talking of booing, I shall loudly and vociferously do so as the train passes Starks.

Bye Stevie.

He absolutely should be going. Worst away form in a generation and pumped out of the play-offs at the first attempt by a team we absolutely dwarf budget wise. He won’t go though. They’ll see this season as “progress” and he’ll get another season.

I can't stress this following statement enough:

"CRAWFORD OOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTTTT"

Absolutely not fucking good enough. Totally in the game until he brings on McManus, takes off Wighton and fucks everything up. 

I can't stress this following statement enough:
"CRAWFORD OOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTTTT"

Absolutely not fucking good enough. Totally in the game until he brings on McManus, takes off Wighton and fucks everything up. 

Not for the first time either. Wighton has looked like our only bit of hope recently with O’Hara coming on a game but decides to revert back to playing a formation that doesn’t suit him and surprise, surprise we are out the game. He is an absolute fraud of a manager.

The board absolutely have to take in to consideration the away form and the fluky results at home that got us to finish 4th. The standard is absolutely appalling, that surely has to count for something? Not just “Oh, we finished 4th and got a play off so everything must be good”.

I’m pretty sure this is the worst away form in the league for nearly 50 years. That is disgraceful. Barely laid a glove on Raith today and any manager with a semblance of tactical nouse would have took full advantage of Raith’s poor final ball and playing an absolute bombscare at centre half.

Went 1-0 down in a play off match and Crawford’s response was to take off our biggest goal threat/best striker. Get him out of the club, please.

Not sure we had a single shot in the last 25 mins, after going behind. The man’s clueless.

48 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Not for the first time either. Wighton has looked like our only bit of hope recently with O’Hara coming on a game but decides to revert back to playing a formation that doesn’t suit him and surprise, surprise we are out the game. He is an absolute fraud of a manager.

The board absolutely have to take in to consideration the away form and the fluky results at home that got us to finish 4th. The standard is absolutely appalling, that surely has to count for something? Not just “Oh, we finished 4th and got a play off so everything must be good”.

I’m pretty sure this is the worst away form in the league for nearly 50 years. That is disgraceful. Barely laid a glove on Raith today and any manager with a semblance of tactical nouse would have took full advantage of Raith’s poor final ball and playing an absolute bombscare at centre half.

Not quite. Worst in the second tier since 82 I think.

I’ve been moaning about/focussing on the Wighton sub so much, that I actually forgot the tactical ineptitude that cost us the 2nd goal.

We took off Murray, a strong CB that Crawford made captain, and moved Whittaker to CB to mark Ugwu - who is a powerful striker. Whittaker off had to be the change, unless we were switching to 1 CB. Honestly, his subs today are enough justification to sack him. Never mind our last 12 away games in the league.