Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

My rant isn't that I disagree with Stellaboz. I do agree that such an anthem for us would be great.

My rant is that some folk keep mentioning that 'Chance' should be said anthem, and that some folk even sang it on the bus home after we pumped Falkirk 2-4. I saw an alarmingly high number of folk mention after Hibs won the cup that, if it was us, we should all be singing 'Chance'. If we won the cup it would be one of the greatest moments of my life, and there's no way I would be singing "Where did the feeling go?" and "I never felt so low".

It's an exceptionally shit and ludicrous shout for a joyous anthem. Thousands of fans slowly belting out "I never felt so low"?! Stupid, just stupid. 

Well that was disappointing. A mere 4 out of 10 on the rant scale.

for what it’s worth I agree with you.  That’s an awful song for an anthem if you listen to the lyrics.  

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Club anthem is surely Go West by The Pet Shop Boys

Only if accompanied by Sammy kneeling on the halfway line with his hand held up for a high five for the ballboys.

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Only if accompanied by Sammy kneeling on the halfway line with his hand held up for a high five for the ballboys.

Then collapse in a heap after the last one delivers the final high 5. 

Butting in here from the outside but I seem to recall on visits to EEP in the dim and distant past,  that the Eastenders theme was played,  maybe not as goal music or teams running out music but I'm sure it was used there sometimes.

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

My rant isn't that I disagree with Stellaboz. I do agree that such an anthem for us would be great.

My rant is that some folk keep mentioning that 'Chance' should be said anthem, and that some folk even sang it on the bus home after we pumped Falkirk 2-4. I saw an alarmingly high number of folk mention after Hibs won the cup that, if it was us, we should all be singing 'Chance'. If we won the cup it would be one of the greatest moments of my life, and there's no way I would be singing "Where did the feeling go?" and "I never felt so low".

It's an exceptionally shit and ludicrous shout for a joyous anthem. Thousands of fans slowly belting out "I never felt so low"?! Stupid, just stupid. 

It's actually a song about domestic abuse, so sticking with that theme, how about 'smack ma bitch up'? 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

😂 

D1EF63A6-1CC4-4844-A598-CFEA78AD1793.jpeg.d5cbf8d4432e372bc4078503ea56b97c.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Butting in here from the outside but I seem to recall on visits to EEP in the dim and distant past,  that the Eastenders theme was played,  maybe not as goal music or teams running out music but I'm sure it was used there sometimes.

47 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Can't recall that version being played (thank goodness)  I'm sure it was just the instrumental theme version I heard.  My memory could be playing up though. 

Maybe you’ve got me imagining it too but I’m vaguely recalling it being played as a music bed under the teams being read out. 

Joe Cardle scoring the penultimate goal in the absolute shagging of Falkirk tonight to condemn them to the play-offs, which they will get pumped in. Genuinely the best night of my life.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Joe Cardle scoring the penultimate goal in the absolute shagging of Falkirk tonight to condemn them to the play-offs, which they will get pumped in. Genuinely the best night of my life.

Montrose can still make the play-offs ahead of Falkirk, which would be outstanding

Edited by The Saline Hill Puma

Atomic by Blondie? Really brings out the nostalgia along with Ready to go by Republika, proper takes me back to standing beside my dad, being half his height and just being really excited for the football. The smell of bridies, incredible. 

1st leg of play offs is now Tuesday 4th May at 7pm and second leg is Saturday 8th May at 3pm.

Season ticket holders get free access to home stream for QF. Semi final and final are being televised - presumably on sky sports.