Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Did we have anything before Into The Valley? IIRC that started in the Paton era. Never been a fan of teams coming out at the same time. Used to love the boos starting at the cage when the away team would appear under the main stand. If you were in the main stand the first indication a team was coming out was the door clattering and the smell of Raljex/Deep Heat wafting up. 

30 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Did we have anything before Into The Valley? IIRC that started in the Paton era. Never been a fan of teams coming out at the same time. Used to love the boos starting at the cage when the away team would appear under the main stand. If you were in the main stand the first indication a team was coming out was the door clattering and the smell of Raljex/Deep Heat wafting up. 

Don’t recall anything other than into the valley tbh.  It’s a tremendous anthem, everyone knows within a second of it starting that the Pars are here.

while we’re at it, goal music “Glad all over” needs a change.  How about some proper German Hard House riff.  Or here a novel idea, get the players to pick their own goal tunes.  Maybe motivate them to score more and hear their own music while they celebrate?  Before I hear widespread condemnation, I’d also add every time the opposition score due to an OFW kitkat finger related error, the goal music plays either the circus theme tune or “wah wah wahhhhhh” to motivate him to be less bloody shite.

A lot of fun could be had with this....or not 

Get goal music to f**k. Hate it. Absolute bandwagon bullshit. Even more so when it's a tune that loads of clubs use. Have zero music when we score and just let the noise of the fans be. Goal music adds absolutely nothing.

Did the club not f**k Adidas with payments (07/08)? Those strips were pish anyway.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Did the club not f**k Adidas with payments (07/08)? Those strips were pish anyway.

It was through a kit supplier. Just a bog standard adidas catalogue kit that Sunday league teams could order. Just stuck a Pars badge on it and that was it. Utter guff. 

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Get goal music to f**k. Hate it. Absolute bandwagon bullshit. Even more so when it's a tune that loads of clubs use. Have zero music when we score and just let the noise of the fans be. Goal music adds absolutely nothing.

So we’re putting you down for a maybe.... 

3 minutes ago, parsboi said:

I don’t recall it being used before the 2000’s to be honest.  Wonder when it started.

When everyone else started doing it. The club jumped on the bandwagon like all the others.

Must have been around 2000ish.

Edited by DA Baracus

Think goal music started around the time of TFI Friday when Gazza, Chris Evans and Danny Baker were always in the news. That Tom Hark tune was suddenly revived as a football tune, it started getting played everywhere after a goal and then folk started choosing their own goal music. 

1 minute ago, Rasputin said:

Think goal music started around the time of TFI Friday when Gazza, Chris Evans and Danny Baker were always in the news. That Tom Hark tune was suddenly revived as a football tune, it started getting played everywhere after a goal and then folk started choosing their own goal music. 

I totally forgot about Tom Hark, I  always associate that with the Rangers 2-0 Vanoli game. Same day Sadam Hussein was captured I believe.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

I totally forgot about Tom Hark, I  always associate that with the Rangers 2-0 Vanoli game. Same day Sadam Hussein was captured I believe.

And I believe that was the running order of the news at ten.

Dunfermline skelp Rangers and in other news.....