Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sadam (not joking - all true) talked about watching Scottish Football at a time we were regularly on tv (Jimmy C era). He said he’d always support whoever was playing Rangers or Celtic (even he had noticed that every game beamed into Iraq featured one or the other). 

Don’t recall anything other than into the valley tbh.  It’s a tremendous anthem, everyone knows within a second of it starting that the Pars are here.

while we’re at it, goal music “Glad all over” needs a change.  How about some proper German Hard House riff.  Or here a novel idea, get the players to pick their own goal tunes.  Maybe motivate them to score more and hear their own music while they celebrate?  Before I hear widespread condemnation, I’d also add every time the opposition score due to an OFW kitkat finger related error, the goal music plays either the circus theme tune or “wah wah wahhhhhh” to motivate him to be less bloody shite.
A lot of fun could be had with this....or not 
When we wore a predominantly black kit with thin white stripes we ran out to "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

When we wore a predominantly black kit with thin white stripes we ran out to "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.

Don't think we ran out to it but can remember it being blasted pre-match in the mid 00s when we were horseshit. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Don't think we ran out to it but can remember it being blasted pre-match in the mid 00s when we were horseshit. 

Yes, it was part of the prematch playlist for a long time, going back at least to the late 90s.

Might still be, but I'm never in the ground early enough to know.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes, it was part of the prematch playlist for a long time, going back at least to the late 90s.

Might still be, but I'm never in the ground early enough to know.

Can't really remember it in the Calderwood era. Calderwood era was always King of My Castle - Wamdue Project, Two Times - Ann Lee. No idea why they always got played but absolute bangers regardless. 

Guest Axle Grease
13 minutes ago, 101 said:

When did we stop playing Final Countdown before the game? Was it when Steven Mill started his playlists.

Don't know but Final Counrdown is a boring tune. Loved by manky metal heads from the 80's.

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I really want us to have a Sunshine on Leith type anthem, one where everyone can put their scarves up and when you hear it, you know it's all about the real big boys in Fife. 

I have a rant about this...

2 minutes ago, The Saline Hill Puma said:

you have a rant about everything

I knew the goal music would trigger him.  I remember a similar conversation on here some time ago and the rant then was Impressive too.  He is at least consistent.   And very ranty.

Into the Valley replaced by Oompah music.

Hoping for a new cover band, The ßkids.

Did the club not f**k Adidas with payments (07/08)? Those strips were pish anyway.

If we could get a decent Adidas kit then I’d take it but I’m quite liking getting bespoke Joma gear since Andy Barrowman got involved.

I’m sure it still is. One of a few omnipresent tunes that have kept their place on the prematch playlist.

That horrific Five song Everybody Get Up is another that I used to hear every week, especially as a wee guy when I’d turn up at he games about half an hour before kickoff.

I have a rant about this...

Imagine my shock.

My rant isn't that I disagree with Stellaboz. I do agree that such an anthem for us would be great.

My rant is that some folk keep mentioning that 'Chance' should be said anthem, and that some folk even sang it on the bus home after we pumped Falkirk 2-4. I saw an alarmingly high number of folk mention after Hibs won the cup that, if it was us, we should all be singing 'Chance'. If we won the cup it would be one of the greatest moments of my life, and there's no way I would be singing "Where did the feeling go?" and "I never felt so low".

It's an exceptionally shit and ludicrous shout for a joyous anthem. Thousands of fans slowly belting out "I never felt so low"?! Stupid, just stupid. 

Edited by DA Baracus