Walking Down The Halbeath Road

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

Did you see the ball he played for O'Hara on Saturday, okay not everything comes off for him but he has a good range of passing and would say more comes off for him than doesn't.

He's also young and I'm sure has learnt more this season than in any previous seasons.

I did see it and it was a very good pass.

I would disagree though that more comes off than doesn't though; I'd say it was the other way around.

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Edwards is 20 so very much a work in progress. He's came on tremendously since he signed. He's good decent footwork that he's shown a few times heading towards the opposition area. Fairly quick, but obviously still a bit raw. He deserves to stay. Is his passing a bit off? No more than any other player with no movement ahead of him I'd say. 

Martin is fucking brilliant and I hope he gets back to full fitness somehow. He's had a couple of really serious injuries now has he not? Absolute shame for the boy, would give him 6 months or something depending on the timescale of him getting back to fitness.

His passing is noticeably and significantly worse than any other player in the team, even when he does have plenty of options. A 20 year old should be a lot better at it than he is.

Edited by DA Baracus

I would like to see what Edwards pass completion stats are compared to Comrie on the other side. Or Lewis Martin last season.

For me it's quite noticeable that he seems to give the ball away more times than he completes a pass. 

I think he does have decent footwork and is good at getting by players to be fair. I hope he makes the improvements required but whilst we wait for that happening, I would like to see stronger competition for him if Martin leaves.

Edwards is only 20 and might progress into a decent LB. But he’s one of the weaker areas in the team at the moment. I don’t want this to seem like we have a scapegoat and I don’t think many are intending their posts to say he will never make it. It’s simply that he isn’t at the level required just now for a first choice LB, if we want to make a title push next season.

If we were asked to identify 3 areas that need improved, it would have to be GK, central midfield and LB. There are other positions we need to add depth/different options. But these are our 3 weakest areas this season for me.

Comrie is one of the best RBs in the league and in Vytas and Watson, we have 2 decent CBs. I like Wilson in midfield, but we need another central midfielder to add more quality and help us keep the ball. Thomas and Dow out wide and Wighton/McManus/O’Hara up front are good enough. So I think adding some depth/other options would be enough there.

31 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Edwards is only 20 and might progress into a decent LB. But he’s one of the weaker areas in the team at the moment. I don’t want this to seem like we have a scapegoat and I don’t think many are intending their posts to say he will never make it. It’s simply that he isn’t at the level required just now for a first choice LB, if we want to make a title push next season.

If we were asked to identify 3 areas that need improved, it would have to be GK, central midfield and LB. There are other positions we need to add depth/different options. But these are our 3 weakest areas this season for me.

Comrie is one of the best RBs in the league and in Vytas and Watson, we have 2 decent CBs. I like Wilson in midfield, but we need another central midfielder to add more quality and help us keep the ball. Thomas and Dow out wide and Wighton/McManus/O’Hara up front are good enough. So I think adding some depth/other options would be enough there.

Pretty much the exact way I see things just now.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Can turn and beat a man quite easily and bring us up the pitch. Thought that was fairly obvious tbh. Seems like we're going down the Ross Millen route with Edwards. 

He can?! 

We're not going down the Ross Millen route at all, but currently Edwards, along with OFW and our manager are our three weakest areas that are stopping us contesting the title. 

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

He can?! 

We're not going down the Ross Millen route at all, but currently Edwards, along with OFW and our manager are our three weakest areas that are stopping us contesting the title. 

I would say our central midfield options rank higher than all 3.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
3 minutes ago, 101 said:
I would say our central midfield options rank higher than all 3.

Whittaker and Wilson have been good IMO

Don't think it's good enough to compete for the title imo, Wilson and Turner may have been before we became an arse.

Also think you can get away with a bit more in other areas of the park if you have a really good CM pairing, Byrne and Wilson next season would be my shout.

I want to see a total German revamp next season. Adidas making our kits. T-mobile main kit sponsor. Mercedes Benz sleeve sponsor. TBF if that happened I think I'd buy every single bit of clothing going at EEP. 

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I want to see a total German revamp next season. Adidas making our kits. T-mobile main kit sponsor. Mercedes Benz sleeve sponsor. TBF if that happened I think I'd buy every single bit of clothing going at EEP. 

Some mid-90s Adidas Equipment-type gear would be equally smart and menacing.

Really think this was always going to be a season to be endured, not enjoyed. Think the Germans recognised this too and have been hands-off but this summer is potentially a new chapter. 

Erdinger getting served in legends and €10 ticket prices IMO