Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Here's a couple potential managers we could be looking at if Crawford is relieved of his duties. 
Richie Wellens - Won League 2 with Swindon season 19/20. Recently sacked by Salford City despite having won more games than he lost. Drew too many games leaving them playing catch up to get in to the play-offs. Salford are obviously an ambitious club so midtable not good enough for them resulting in his sacking. 
Mark Cooper - Experienced in lower leagues of England. Took Swindon Town to the play-offs for promotion to the Championship however lost out to PNE. Sacked after securing a decent win percentage of 41.6%. Recently managed Forest Green Rovers for the past 5 seasons. He took them to the football League, secured their status the following season and achieved a promotion play-off the season after. Left with just under 40% win percentage.
Scott Ruscoe - Managed TNS in Wales for the past 3 seasons. Won the league 2 times, narrowly missing out on a 3rd due to PPG in the 19-20 season. He also won 2 Welsh Cups in that period. Points per game ratio of 2.08 in his time at TNS. Was sacked recently despite being top of the league at the time ahead of Connah's Quay. 
Tim Walter - Doesn't appear to have played football at any professional level however he managed Bayern Munchen II and achieved a win percentage of 61.11%. He then managed Holstein Kiel, his first proper job, and took a relatively provincial club to 6th place in Bundesliga 2. This was enough to land him the Stuttgart job however he was sacked even though they were on course to get promoted, but Stuttgart, given they'll have a budget that could blow the rest of the league away, weren't happy with this and wanted someone that could win the league outright with no fuss. Points per match ratio of 1.90 overall.
Much more interesting names than the usual manager merry go round.

I could see Meggle taking the job tbh.

So, what positions are we needing to strengthen in next season? We look sorted for CHs and full-backs, maybe another CH for cover depending on the Lewis Martin situation. Watson and Gaspuitis will be the CH pairing, with Watson being made captain IMO. Euan Murray will probably go to some relegation fodder in the Premiership next season. Similar situation for up front. McManus, Wighton and O'Hara should be more than good enough for this level.

I'd say we are looking at a couple central midfielders, one wide man and a goalkeeper. Thomas Robert out of contract at Airdrie but I think everyone and their granny will be trying to sign him. Same for Regan Hendry. No doubt both will end up in the Premiership, but that's two players that I like a lot. No candidates really screaming out to me for GK but that's a position we desperately need to strengthen. Lost count the amount of goals poppadom hands has chucked in to the net. 

11 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I would look for another left back if Martin doesn't stay.

Really?

Edwards has been decent enough, McDonald looks a real prospect and by all accounts Fenton is a very decent player.

Lewis Strapp would be the obvious choice to bring in but think we need a CH who can play RB before someone that can play LB.

22 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I could see Meggle taking the job tbh.

Difficult to see how he could be Director of Football at both clubs and manager here. 

The new invertors will be able to cast their net a bit wider but you just have to look at KIllie and see that Scottish footballers don't always take kindly to European managers.

31 minutes ago, 101 said:

Really?

Yep. 

I think MacDonald looks decent but is not a left back. He looked really uncomfortable there. Way too right sided. MacDonald is good right back cover for Comrie

Not seen Fenton but hear he's a prospect but still very young. Doesn't seem to be getting a game for East Fife.

I think Edwards is the most over rated player in the squad. He gets skinned for too easily. Lacks composure in his passing. I think his best attributes are going forward. I'm happy to have him competing for that spot, but not with the other two options. 

Edited by Chubbychops

Need a couple of midfielders probably, depending on how bad Dow's injury is and on what Whittaker decides to do.

I'd doubt we'll offer Lewis Martin another deal, as much of a shame that it is. Boy just has zero luck with injuries.

Edwards is good IMO. There is still some aspects he can improve upon in his defensive work, but going forward he is brilliant. Sometimes you need to compensate when you have players like that. Think that's why we sometimes see that side of the park a lot less clustered to let him just bomb on. Lewis Martin's time is probably up at EEP as well. 

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd doubt we'll offer Lewis Martin another deal, as much of a shame that it is. Boy just has zero luck with injuries.

I would be tempted to offer him a 6 month deal to get fit and then see how he's doing.

Just now, 101 said:

I would be tempted to offer him a 6 month deal to get fit and then see how he's doing.

I'm genuinely gutted for him as I have been a big fan since we started playing him at LB, but we can't afford to pay for players that are injured constantly. It's shite but we need to keep the best interests of the club first. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Edwards is good IMO. There is still some aspects he can improve upon in his defensive work, but going forward he is brilliant. Sometimes you need to compensate when you have players like that. Think that's why we sometimes see that side of the park a lot less clustered to let him just bomb on. Lewis Martin's time is probably up at EEP as well. 

Nah, disagree. His passing is utter junk and he gives the ball away far too often.

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What does Edwards do going forward that's brilliant? 

He's not very good tbh. 

Can turn and beat a man quite easily and bring us up the pitch. Thought that was fairly obvious tbh. Seems like we're going down the Ross Millen route with Edwards. 

57 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I've been fairly impressed by the Morton keeper when I've seen him. Not sure what the Morton fans have thought of him overall though.

He won virtually every Player Of The Year vote going. 

Just now, Den Spark said:

He won virtually every Player Of The Year vote going. 

Aye, Doesn't surprise me. Would like to see him at East End but decent keepers are hard to find at the moment and I could see a bit of competition there.

38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, disagree. His passing is utter junk and he gives the ball away far too often.

Did you see the ball he played for O'Hara on Saturday, okay not everything comes off for him but he has a good range of passing and would say more comes off for him than doesn't.

He's also young and I'm sure has learnt more this season than in any previous seasons.

Edwards is 20 so very much a work in progress. He's came on tremendously since he signed. He's good decent footwork that he's shown a few times heading towards the opposition area. Fairly quick, but obviously still a bit raw. He deserves to stay. Is his passing a bit off? No more than any other player with no movement ahead of him I'd say. 

Martin is fucking brilliant and I hope he gets back to full fitness somehow. He's had a couple of really serious injuries now has he not? Absolute shame for the boy, would give him 6 months or something depending on the timescale of him getting back to fitness.