Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Just my opinion. Really can't see this board getting rid of him now. 

These are the guys that gave AJ a two year deal on the back of a 4th place finish and getting knocked out at the first hurdle.

It's not the same board now.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Crawford has kept his job I fear.

The team winning that game today in spite of  his crap management.  The same old panic when we go in front. Nearly gave a two goal lead away twice in one game.  Craig Wighton has saved his job. 

Crawford will probably be rewarded with a two year contract now. 

I wont be renewing my season ticket and will cease player shirt sponsorship if he is still here next season.   

59 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You were never going to win the league so surely Crawfords remit was making the play offs which he has achieved

You should go on .net with that patter. 

5 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

.net?

Truth hurt

DAFC.net, where the moon howlers gather.

Absolutely no one on here thought we would win the league, and almost all posters here have said for months that we are horrendous.

15 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Is it too early to start the complaints about season ticket holders not getting playoff games for free? Or to start complaining about 50% of the playoff ticket (streaming) money being pocketed by the SPFL?

Not this season as far as I'm aware.

Not this season as far as I'm aware.

It’s in the SPFL rules that 50% of ticket money goes to SPFL for playoff matches. Surely that remains the case unless the announce a change? Having said that, you’d hope they do amend things, as they’ve set a minimum price of £18 for each leg of the final - that won’t effect us though...

We have only achieved a play-off due to how brutal the league is. Finishing 4th is hardly an achievement; just means you’ve got to go through the misery of 3 double legged games, with the odds stacked heavily against you, to get promoted. We have been horrendous to watch and have been for 90% of this season. Knocked out the first time of asking from the Scottish Cup yet again. It isn’t good enough. Hell, which doesn’t exist, will freeze over before we get promoted this season.

SPFL has the playoff quarter final first scheduled for the 5th of May and the second leg for the 9th of May.

Semi final dates, although I suspect we won't have to worry about them, are scheduled for the 11th and 15th.

51 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

SPFL has the playoff quarter final first scheduled for the 5th of May and the second leg for the 9th of May.

Semi final dates, although I suspect we won't have to worry about them, are scheduled for the 11th and 15th.

That's the spirit!

But seriously we have fucking no chance. 

Queens pump Dundee 1-0. We pump Alloa. Draw 0-0 0-0 and pens. Skip to papping Raith out then shitfest a 0-0 and a 1-1against the Premier team and win on penalties. Easy easy. Being dreadful needn’t be a barrier to promotion.

Edited by Rasputin

Here's a couple potential managers we could be looking at if Crawford is relieved of his duties. 

Richie Wellens - Won League 2 with Swindon season 19/20. Recently sacked by Salford City despite having won more games than he lost. Drew too many games leaving them playing catch up to get in to the play-offs. Salford are obviously an ambitious club so midtable not good enough for them resulting in his sacking. 

Mark Cooper - Experienced in lower leagues of England. Took Swindon Town to the play-offs for promotion to the Championship however lost out to PNE. Sacked after securing a decent win percentage of 41.6%. Recently managed Forest Green Rovers for the past 5 seasons. He took them to the football League, secured their status the following season and achieved a promotion play-off the season after. Left with just under 40% win percentage.

Scott Ruscoe - Managed TNS in Wales for the past 3 seasons. Won the league 2 times, narrowly missing out on a 3rd due to PPG in the 19-20 season. He also won 2 Welsh Cups in that period. Points per game ratio of 2.08 in his time at TNS. Was sacked recently despite being top of the league at the time ahead of Connah's Quay. 

Tim Walter - Doesn't appear to have played football at any professional level however he managed Bayern Munchen II and achieved a win percentage of 61.11%. He then managed Holstein Kiel, his first proper job, and took a relatively provincial club to 6th place in Bundesliga 2. This was enough to land him the Stuttgart job however he was sacked even though they were on course to get promoted, but Stuttgart, given they'll have a budget that could blow the rest of the league away, weren't happy with this and wanted someone that could win the league outright with no fuss. Points per match ratio of 1.90 overall.