Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Is this post aimed at me? If it is, I'm simply starting an opinion on how I think the QOS and Arbroath game will differ, despite the fact that QOS are a higher ranked team.

Absolutely no need for your sarcastic response.

It's not

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Apologise for calling you out then DA. I couldn't see what post you were responding to and thought it matched my post earlier.

I've just read your post & can see why mine looks like a dig at you, it was merely a reponse to Raith_Raver for pointing out quite patronisingly that "Arbroath are no push-overs"...........

Edited by da_no_1

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Can't be arsed checking but I recall being 3-0 down to Dick Campbells' Forfar at half time at EEP towards the end of Potters' reign. Any victory against a Dicks' teams is always well earned.

0-3 down after 36 minutes. El Bak scored in the 78th minute to make it 1-3.

Have a week look at this run of results:

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Can't be arsed checking but I recall being 3-0 down to Dick Campbells' Forfar at half time at EEP towards the end of Potters' reign. Any victory against a Dicks' teams is always well earned.

1850967130_df(2).thumb.jpg.153971a0807bfe8656a1e5e8f56f8bf4.jpg

We still beat Ayr 4 times though. That was back when we used to pump them regularly. 
I was absolutely furious at the 5-1 defeat in Stranraer as I had £5 on 5-0.
Edited by DA Baracus

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I was at hospitality that day at a time when the arse was falling out of my marriage. Seem to remember being more upset about the fitba to be fair.........

0-3 down after 36 minutes. El Bak scored in the 78th minute to make it 1-3.   Have a week look at this run of results:   1850967130_df(2).thumb.jpg.153971a0807bfe8656a1e5e8f56f8bf4.jpg   We still beat Ayr 4 times though. That was back when we used to pump them regularly.  I was absolutely furious at the 5-1 defeat in Stranraer as I had £5 on 5-0.
did you really have to share that run?[emoji23][emoji23]

that grangemouth mob dont know how lucky they've got it

did you really have to share that run?[emoji23][emoji23]

that grangemouth mob dont know how lucky they've got it

I remember El Bak scoring an absolute screamer against us that season at Somerset. Even when you were absolute guff we couldn’t get anything against you.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I remember El Bak scoring an absolute screamer against us that season at Somerset. Even when you were absolute guff we couldn’t get anything against you.

Nah I think that was the following year. When wee Josh out jumped Stevenson!

Nah I think that was the following year. When wee Josh out jumped Stevenson!

The overhead kick yeah.

I’m almost certain he battered in an absolute screamer the previous year though. I remember Moffat being minging though as either Jeffries or Potter had him playing as a winger.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

The overhead kick yeah.

I’m almost certain he battered in an absolute screamer the previous year though. I remember Moffat being minging though as either Jeffries or Potter had him playing as a winger.

The overhead kick was one of the best away games I've ever had, fucking tremendous trip. @DA Baracus do you remember anything ?!

On 21/04/2021 at 15:07, DA Baracus said:

With Johnston we were playing pretty well for the most part, even if we did have some stinkers. The gamble of extending his contract was understandable, 

It still genuinely annoys me, when we came up that first season everyone was giving it the "Oh its just a season of consolidation, 8th would be a success" Get absolutely fucked. Teams that win the title have traditionally came up and done well at this level, fucking Arbroath came 5th ffs! 

It was just absolute shitebaggery from our support and board that thought a 5th place finished, followed the next season by finishing 4th courtesy of a last minute goal before being dumped out the playoffs at the first hurdle was a success. He should've been hunted after that first season, and he absolutely should've been gone at the end of the second season, rewarding him with a 2 year contract literally set us back years, with the payoff then resulting in us taking the cheap option and appointing Crawford. 

Still annoyed. 

Edited by Grant228

That's never 10 years...........

That day plus the two Saturdays that followed will take some beating in my lifetime.

The build up to the derby game was unbelievable. It was a genuine title decider. I had a horrible feeling we were going to blow it despite being on a pretty good run but on the day we were brilliant even though Raith took the lead & Hardies' winner wouldv'e been stopped by any competent keeper.

I remember the next Friday I was having tea with my boy who was 11 at the time. He was trying to tell me he wasn't fussed about going to Cappielow the next day  - I said "aye you are". I told him that days like that don't come along often & he'll regret it for the rest of his days if he didn't go. At 4.50pm the next day he was on the pitch with me celebrating the title win. I'll never forget the look on his face at full time.

Happy days.