Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nobody fussed that Dundee and Inverness drew last night meaning we are still in 4th having played the same number of games. Me neither, to be fair, although I'm surprised it hasn't been commented on.

Beat Alloa and Arbroath and we’re in the playoffs. What could possibly go wrong? 

We timed our slump well so should be fresh for breezing our way to promotion. 

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nobody fussed that Dundee and Inverness drew last night meaning we are still in 4th having played the same number of games. Me neither, to be fair, although I'm surprised it hasn't been commented on.

It was discussed on the Dundee threads after the match  that you've got out of jail. Not that we're bothered who comes fourth. But note, Arbroath are no pushovers.

When we beat Rovers 4-1, we then backed it up with with a 2-0 defeat to Arbroath

When we beat Hearts, we went on lose our next home game to Morton.

Yeah, we played much better last week, but I have no faith in this management team to back it up. I think we are far too open in midfield and will need to adjust on Saturday. Now way Dick Campbell will allow the space that QOS gave us.  Not confident at all for Saturday.

Creeping into these play-offs will probably mean Crawford next year too.  I think that will hold us back long term. Yeah we can play well once every 3 months, most crap managers would offer the same. We need a manager who can build a cohesive side that will produce good performances on a regular basis.

I've been to engrossed in the Falkirk thread tbh.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I've been to engrossed in the Falkirk thread tbh.

They were in meltdown last night; they started off incredulous at Peterhead dominating, then the Gomis sending off sent them into resignation and their response to the Peterhead goal was the end of the world, followed by apoplectic contempt and derision of their management team - hilarious entertainment.

We've lost to them already this season & were lucky to beat them at EEP last time out & they have an experienced manager who has always caused us bother with any team he brings to EEP..............so thank f*ck we've got someone keeping us up to date with how good Arbroath are.

The shortened season may work to our advantage here as it's entirely feasible, given Crawford's tenure so far, that we manage to go on an 8 game winning streak and win promotion.

However we've been horrendous since November, we should have punted him weeks ago.

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

We've lost to them already this season & were lucky to beat them at EEP last time out & they have an experienced manager who has always caused us bother with any team he brings to EEP..............so thank f*ck we've got someone keeping us up to date with how good Arbroath are.

We've hammered Forfar and Arbroath at EEP when AJ was manager.

Crawford will stay if we finish 4th regardless of what happens in the play-offs.

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Crawford will stay if we finish 4th regardless of what happens in the play-offs.

That's begging for relegation trouble.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's begging for relegation trouble.

We did it for AJ and I'm confident we will do it for Crawford. I'm pretty sure the remit for this season would have been to achieve a play-off place. Unless the board grow a set, accept the reality that the football is absolute turd and that we only achieved a play-off due to how crap the league is, if we do indeed finish 4th, then they'll hopefully do the right thing and relieve him of his duties.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We did it for AJ and I'm confident we will do it for Crawford. I'm pretty sure the remit for this season would have been to achieve a play-off place. Unless the board grow a set, accept the reality that the football is absolute turd and that we only achieved a play-off due to how crap the league is, if we do indeed finish 4th, then they'll hopefully do the right thing and relieve him of his duties.

With Johnston we were playing pretty well for the most part, even if we did have some stinkers. The gamble of extending his contract was understandable, even though it turned out to be the wrong move.  He had a ceiling, and the gamble was that he hadn't hit it yet. He had of course, as was proven. His signings over the summer were rank and didn't address key losses.

There isn't a gamble with keeping Crawford on though. The evidence is all against him. He just isn't up to it and, with a regular length season next time, we will be in severe trouble. His squad management has to be called in to question now due to the shambles of our midfield. At this level, we will be a stepping stone for some players, and if he takes the huff over that every time, he'll be taking a lot of huffs and wasting a lot of money punting players and scrambling to find replacements halfway through the season.

Ultimately he's a shitebag as a manager, and that is neither effective nor good to watch. With fans back in next season, they'll be quick to let their feelings be known, as most have run out of patience with him. I can see folk holding off on season tickets too if he's still in place.

The club will stagnate at best with Crawford in charge.

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Is this post aimed at me? If it is, I'm simply starting an opinion on how I think the QOS and Arbroath game will differ, despite the fact that QOS are a higher ranked team.

Absolutely no need for your sarcastic response.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Can't be arsed checking but I recall being 3-0 down to Dick Campbells' Forfar at half time at EEP towards the end of Potters' reign. Any victory against a Dicks' teams is always well earned.