Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Every time there is a Managerial vacancy or a Manager's coat is on a shoogly peg,  Petrie's name usually comes up as a possible replacement.  Does anyone actually know if Petrie has shown any interest in,  or applied for,  full time Managerial jobs in the past? Maybe he's quite happy as a part-time Manager with,  I believe,  a good job outside football. 

From what I heard, Crawford was disappointed at Turner turning down a contract in December, but he had stayed in the team despite that. What caused things to end as they did, was Turner meeting with Neilson for contract talks, days before we played Hearts. Of course, Hearts then signed McEneff and dropped their interest in Turner.

30 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Every time there is a Managerial vacancy or a Manager's coat is on a shoogly peg,  Petrie's name usually comes up as a possible replacement.  Does anyone actually know if Petrie has shown any interest in,  or applied for,  full time Managerial jobs in the past? Maybe he's quite happy as a part-time Manager with,  I believe,  a good job outside football. 

This is what I thought doubt he would be desperate to give up the full time steady job until he had made enough to live comfortably on, he's 51 so might give up that game when he's a bit older but can't imagine full time management would be that relaxing a retirement.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Turner was offered a new contract, he didn't sign it saying he wanted to keep his options open with regards to getting to the prem, Crawford then totally removed the contract extension from the table rather than going for the usual line of "Good stuff but this deal might not always be available" sorta scenario that usually happens. And I'd imagine is happening with Regan Hendry at Raith.

Pretty sure that won’t be what’s happening, but you could, of course, be right. We’ll probably find out sometime.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Turner was offered a new contract, he didn't sign it saying he wanted to keep his options open with regards to getting to the prem, Crawford then totally removed the contract extension from the table rather than going for the usual line of "Good stuff but this deal might not always be available" sorta scenario that usually happens. And I'd imagine is happening with Regan Hendry at Raith.

We expect hendry is keeping his options open regarding his future but I'd be very surprised if that's causing any friction between him and the club. In fact I'm certain it isn't, the club owes him nothing but gratitude.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

We expect hendry is keeping his options open regarding his future but I'd be very surprised if that's causing any friction between him and the club. In fact I'm certain it isn't, the club owes him nothing but gratitude.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Pretty sure that won’t be what’s happening, but you could, of course, be right. We’ll probably find out sometime.

I didn't say there was friction with Hendry with Rovers, if it came across that way my bad. 

What I'm meaning is it's likely Raith have offered Hendry a contract but he's getting his options open with regards to what division he ends up in. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

What I'm meaning is it's likely Raith have offered Hendry a contract but he's getting his options open with regards to what division he ends up in. 

100%. I’m certain we’ve tendered an offer and I’m almost equally certain he’s had other offers bandied about. I expect he’s simply waiting for the end of the season before deciding. If Raith win promotion, a re-signing is entirely possible...irregardless I’d expect Hendry to have a pick of two or three Premiership offers, or possibly a move south. I did take it as a little friction suggested, thanks for clarifying!

Now, as for your striker problems, may I suggest signing Duku and Ugwu. Duku will provide the early season punch you missed and then disappear, and Ugwu should cover the end of the season...the middle is up to you.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Now, as for your striker problems, may I suggest signing Duku and Ugwu. Duku will provide the early season punch you missed and then disappear, and Ugwu should cover the end of the season...the middle is up to you.

I don’t really think we have striker problems tbh,  we have reasonable options,  the problem is that there is no attacking game plan for them to carry out,  they are just being asked to try and score with whatever lucky bounce ends up near them.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t really think we have striker problems tbh,  we have reasonable options,  the problem is that there is no attacking game plan for them to carry out,  they are just being asked to try and score with whatever lucky bounce ends up near them.

Which seems ideal for those lads. Just thought I’d mention it.

I still can't believe he wasn't punted after that shambles at Starks Park. It's beggar's belief.
I don't wish to see us finish 4th because I fear a result like that again is on the cards. You could argue ICT have a "harder" run-in having to play Dundee and Hearts plus still competing in the Scottish Cup, whereas we have games against Arbroath and, on the last day, an already relegated Alloa. I don't think we will have enough about us anyway. Arbroath and QotS will take points off us, given they look like teams that have a will to try and grind out results whereas we look like school children, completely lost of ideas and confidence. Just pass it to the nearest man and don't take any responsibility. Thanks for this, Crawford. 

If scraping 4th means Crawford staying next year, then I don't want to make the play-off.   That would cause longer term damage to our progress and cost us more money in the long term, with the continued mid-table finishes and horrendously boring football. 

There's no way back from Crawford since the Rovers game. Imagine trying to sell season tickets for next season with the current management team still in place next season. I don't think the board would be that daft tbh.

Economic suicide if the board stick with Crawford. Who, apart from the die-hards, will want to buy season tickets for that garbage especially after the year we’ve all had? As soon as we can’t finish 4th, whether that happens before or after the Alloa game, Crawford should be informed by the board that he is surplus to requirements and advertisement for candidates be made Monday 3rd May.

Crawford actually emptied Tom Beadling and Joe Thomson, only to bring in Kerr McInroy and Steven Whittaker, and later Ewan Henderson.

Our midfield would be so much better with Beadling and Thomson still there. Either of them would have complemented Wilson well, with the other being a good option from the bench or even in a midfield 3. Had we kept Turner too we'd have had a very strong midfield.

Instead we do not.

Yeah. His lack of interest in natural central midfielders is another baffling one.

The fact that he said that letting Turner go to bring in McDonald was to balance the team as we have lots of midfield cover. His idea of a central midfielder seems to be a defender playing in deep midfield(an extension of the defence basically) or a winger/number 10 type player playing behind a striker. Not interested in guys who can play in the middle of the field.

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Crawford actually emptied Tom Beadling and Joe Thomson, only to bring in Kerr McInroy and Steven Whittaker, and later Ewan Henderson.

Our midfield would be so much better with Beadling and Thomson still there. Either of them would have complemented Wilson well, with the other being a good option from the bench or even in a midfield 3. Had we kept Turner too we'd have had a very strong midfield.

Instead we do not.

He brought in Wilson as well as McInroy and Whittaker I think on paper it looked like a strengthening on the midfield. But agree Thomson and Wilson would have on paper been a good pairing.

Feel Byrne could be the answer to our CM gap more creative to balance out Wilsons style.