Walking Down The Halbeath Road

35 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
Rovers finally finish above us at this level and it's all out gloating. Can't say I'm bothered, except that there's no decent patter being thrown at us.

Finally?

When was the last time you finished above us while we were both in the Championship? 

11 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Proud that my Town cares about their local team

It's only because your club nearly died. 

Anyway nothing is set it stone, we can still do a peak Rovers and f**k things up and Dunfermline could invariably get their act together. 

Edited by Raithie

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

It's only because your club nearly died. 

Anyway nothing is set it stone, we can still do a peak Rovers and f**k things up and Dunfermline could invariably get their act together

Bit early for the drinking mate.

When was the last time you finished above us while we were both in the Championship? 
2012/13, when you got relegated, behind Cowdenbeath.

Other than the current season, where we have a chance of promotion playoffs with a newly promoted team, we've played in the same league once (2016/17), when we got relegated and you finished above us.

To simplify it further, you got relegated, we got relegated and, er, that's it.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

2012/13, when you got relegated, behind Cowdenbeath.

Other than the current season, where we have a chance of promotion playoffs with a newly promoted team, we've played in the same league once (2016/17), when we got relegated and you finished above us.

To simplify it further, you got relegated, we got relegated and, er, that's it.

That didn't happen. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Rovers finally finish above us at this level and it's all out gloating. Can't say I'm bothered, except that there's no decent patter being thrown at us.

Same could be said about the patter being given back...horrendous stuff.

Rovers are better (maybe not bigger) for now. And hopefully for years to come. Stick with Craw and it probably will be....

5 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Same could be said about the patter being given back...horrendous stuff.

I think everyone's too deflated with how we are to bother raising our game for patter-wars. 

You're certainly the better team right now, I'd love to see anyone argue against that. 

3 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

You're out supported by a team of guys playing Canada's national sport, so you're "wee-ir" than a bunch of sociopathic ice skaters playing in a ramshackle barn. 

I think you'd have to go back a few seasons now where that has happened. Flyers average attendance pre COVID was 1300 odds ours was 1800 odds.

Since I started supporting us in 1999, its fair to say we've dominated Raith Rovers. So I'd say a lifetime of dominance. Now find ourselves 7 points behind. I'll probably take that trade off tbf.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Who cares? We're both small annoying plooks on the arse that is Scottish fitba. 

Yeah, this.  I'd love the Rovers to have more fans, however it is what it is.

I'm happy to lord it up when we are better than Dunfermline and take it on the  chin when we aren't.  Just how it goes.

Guest Axle Grease
23 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Who cares? We're both small annoying plooks on the arse that is Scottish fitba. 

Aye but they're more annoying 

Find it hard to care too much about the Raith fans coming on here. They certainly deserve to gloat, but we haven’t even looked interested in competing with them for 2nd place. I’d be all for it if things had been tight and they got the better of us. But we’ve been awful for the last 19 league games.

We’ve failed to score in 9 of our 15 games in 2021. If it wasn’t for that freak game against Raith in February, our record would be as abysmal as it should be. Take out that game, we’ve scored in 5 of 14. We’ve only scored 7 goals in those 14 games. We conceded more than 7 in the space of 3/4 days last month. We have much bigger concerns than Raith being ahead of us in the table.

Honestly, Raith have had a great season so far and played some great football. They’re miles ahead of us on the pitch at the moment and if 5-1 flattered anyone it was us. I just feel so apathetic towards Dunfermline just now. We’re terrible to watch, terribly managed and nobody at the club seems to care.

I agree Raith are miles ahead of us just now. Times I’ve watched them this season apart from the 4-1 game, they have been impressive.
Play a lot of good stuff, good movement, pace and pressing. The boy Hendry won’t be there long, destined for better things. The 5-1 game flattered us, could have been 8 or 9.

I would have more sympathy for Crawford if he was at least trying to play football the way Rovers do. If you want to play anti-football stuff, then you had better get good results from it or face the consequences. It's not right that he's still in the job.

The board should taken action after the Rovers debacle i think. Even if it was just a short term fresh face to try and lift the place for the final few games, but we've been left in this wounded state, trundling towards the end of the season. It's painful to watch.  Decisive action was needed and the board have failed to show up when needed (on this occasion).

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

This board, for all of the good work they've done, have a track record for delaying the inevitable when getting shot of the various managers since they took over.

Good point except this board has changed considerably since the AJ delayed bullet and changed even more since the Jim Jeffries/ John Potter madness.